main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yuuzhan Vong fanfilm question

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by pinklightsaber, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinklightsaber

pinklightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    I am considering putting the Yuuzhan Vong in our next film, but I need to know if they are naturally immune to the force, or simply do not register with the force. I have an understanding that they cannot be fooled by jedi mind tricks, but I am uncertain if other force powers (choking, force push, lightening, etc) would work on them or not.
    Thanks for the help!

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Last I stopped reading the NJO (due to lack of time, not interest), there was still no answer as to why the Vong could not be sensed through the Force. But the important thing is that they COULD NOT BE SENSED.

No Force power would work on them because you can't find them with the Force.

M. Scott

3. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    The rules are kinda fuzzy. For the most part they, and they weapons/armour are outside the Force. Traditional choke and push won't work. Lightning has been shown to work, I suppose the Force just 'collects' the electrical energy, but personally I?d avoid using it directly.

A force user would still be able to indirectly effect them, like knock them over with a crate instead of Force Push or wrap a chain around their neck instead of Choke. Also, form a choreography angle, a force user can?t sense a ?Vong?s attack so none of that blocking-behind-the-back stuff.

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    The Force can't work on them directly, of course, but there are other things you can do, such as force-throw things at them, or simply remove the "air" around their heads so they can't breathe, or stuff like that.

I would imagine that Force Lightning would work quite well on them... ;)

5. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    There were conflicting events in the books. At one point Force Lightning worked on them, another time it was unable to even make contact with them.

6. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Joe - Which is why I don't read EU :)

7. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Shut up Shawn!!! 8-} You don't know what you're missing... ;)

Anyway, the last book in the NJO series explained a lot about the Force and the Vong. I won't give away details here but if you want to discuss it for your film then feel free to PM me...

Sage H.

8. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    Here's what I know from having read the entire series:

The Vong cannot be sensed at all in the force. Powers are either reduced or ineffective on them. For example, at one point Luke uses a force push that would have knocked a vong clear across the room, and the Vong only stumbles a little. When Jacen tries to force lightning them, the lightning avoids them and arcs into the nearest living target, in this case Vergere.

9. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Actually, even before reading the main book that described the Yuzzhan Vong in the Force, I came up with this on my own and it seems to hold true through the rest of the books:

How do Yuuzhan Vong figure in here? I have a few theories as to why they leave no "fingerprint" (thanks, Neszis). First, the Force may have yet another manifestation in the Yuzzhan Vong galaxy. This may explain why Anakin was able to sense them once he used a lambent for his lightsaber crystal; he became slightly attuned to that sort of Force fingerprint.

Another is that the Force may exist in the foreign galaxy, and the Vong (Yuuzhan Vong, happy?) know it by another name- Yun-Yammka and their other gods. The only thing that keeps Jedi (and maybe Sith, but at the moment [as far as I've read] we don't know how their difference in training and theories affect this reading) from detecting the Yuzzhan Vong through the Force is the "impenetrable" barrier that surrounds the galaxy. This likely changes the Force fingerprints of anything passing through, which would greatly diminish the chances of Force users in our galaxy, attuned to only one sort of overall fingerprint, from recognizing the newcomers.

10. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah, see, that would've been a good explanation. The one they actually went with was a real cop-out.

SPOILER! SPOILER! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT IT TO BE SPOILED!

The Vong were basically stripped of the force in their own galaxy for being bad and violent and stuff.

11. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I only read the first few books and sort of lost interest because I didn't like the thought that there was a force out there that could rival the Jedi. (not saying that to start a fight, just a personal preference)

Anyway, so Jacen uses force lightning on the Vong? Does he start to tamper with the dark side or something? Or is it just like in Jedi Outcast where lighting isn't a dark side power?

12. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Anyway, so Jacen uses force lightning on the Vong? Does he start to tamper with the dark side or something? Or is it just like in Jedi Outcast where lighting isn't a dark side power?
    Spoiler:In Traitor, my fav SW book EVER, Jacen get pushed to the limits physically and emotionally. When he uses lightening he considers it a 'dark side' power, but Vergree challenges that belief that it's no different than using a saber to kill someone.

In the Unifying Force Luke comes to terms with the concept and uses force lighting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.