Discussion Yuuzhan Vong invading early - Noash_Retrac

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Noash_Retrac, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Noash_Retrac Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm interested in writing a fanfiction where the Yuuzhan Vong invade the galaxy early, except instead of the Clone Wars like most, I'd like to place about a day or two before the resurrected Emperor was to launch his assault on the New Republic.

The premise of the story is that when Onimi died, part of him may have gone back in time to c. 9-10 ABY and as a result he made Shimrra begin his invasion earlier so as to prevent his demise at the hands of Jacen Solo (who would just be an infant at the time). The problem is, instead of facing an infighting galaxy which has had the Vong planning to invade for decades, it catches the New Republic just recovering from the Thrawn Campaign and now dealing with the warlords such as Krennel, and the might of the cloned Emperor's Imperial fleet which has control of much of the northern Outer Rim.

So it'd be fascinating to me the idea of watching the Yuuzhan Vong have to deal with first the Empire, then the New Republic (assuming they don't invade NR territory first), facing Admiral Ackbar and largely older Mon Calamari Star Cruisers, captured Star Destroyers and a fully operational Super Star Destroyer Lusankya.

One thing too would be explore how the only Jedi is really Luke Skywalker, thus eliminating the anti-Jedi front the Senate could cause to end the war, not to mention that he'll miss the dark side storyline he would face in Dark Empire. Then there is Mara Jade, Keyan Farlander, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn and Ken - the only known Force sensitives known to the NR at the time (again this is pre-Dark Empire).

One idea I have is that while I do destroy Sernpidal, instead of Han and Chewie, what about Talon Karrde and Mara Jade in their place?

I'm still deciding more about it but wouldn't mind feedback before I work to post it.
  2. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I am locking this thread due to the fact that fanfic resource not allow threads about individual stories, nor do we allow threads asking for feedback.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.