main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yuuzhan Vong!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Outcast191, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outcast191

Outcast191 Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2002
    Does anyone know of a website with Yuuzhan Vong models for either Lightwave or 3D Studio Max. I just got These programs and waqs wondering if I could download the models instead of making them. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanx!

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    if you could tell me what the yuuzhan vong models sorta look right maybe i can point you in the right direction

3. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Boy, I wish I could afford both MAX and LW all at the same time.

There's a neat website out there we call "Google" that's really good at finding websites.

4. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Ya, if I could go out and get both 3D Studio MAX and Lightwave at the same time, man would that be great or what jedi?

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    You mean you guys didn't get them in the Lucky Charms cereal box?

6. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    No, Crunchy, i think it's mail in ;)

Seriously, though, I haevn't done any modeling so I can't help you... but Crunchy's response warrented another.

7. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    What a lucky guy.
    Able to afford both lightwave AND MAx.
    Rarely do I ever see this...
    Everyone else usually works with just one.
    Zebras roam in packs?

Anyone?

Nah, seriously... I've tried myself... its hard to find good models that aren't of a popular movie or tv show. I don't know if your thing is that popular. I've never heard of it... but I know that i searched EVERYWHERE for FInal Fantasy and couldn't find them anywhere... and FInal Fantasy is VERY popular, all over the world.

8. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    Just found out that Yuuzhan Vong was an expanded universe star wars character... i thought it was like some Tv show or something... so nevermind what I said....

Sorry.

9. Comyn

Comyn Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2002
    So did you purchase these at the same time? And if so, why did you get both?

10. Gunshot2099

Gunshot2099 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    I have both. I bought them from a eBay seller named Kazaa. *wink*

j/k

11. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    For your sake, let's hope you are. [face_plain]

:p

Chris

12. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Guys, lay off him. Maybe he's using some 3D package like Blender which would enable him to convert from either LWS or 3DS files and thus he doesn't own either program, just knows they're his two best bets for finding models. It doesn't mean he's bought both, and it certainly doesn't mean he's pirating.

Now, in answer to the question, I've seen a really crappy coralskipper model and that's it. There isn't much YV stuff out there. I haven't seen a great deal of reference on their ships or tech. You may be stuck making your own.

-Paul

13. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    Read the post again, he says "I just got both programs". Now, I can't think of a single person on this forum that could dump the thousands of dollars that both of those programs cost all in one shot. The conversion argument doesn't work because MAX models can't be converted, they have to be exported 3DS from MAX. Ditto for LW, I don't think Blender can read LWO files.

Gimme a break. We've seen this before a hundred times. Somebody shows up who's just magically aquired ten thousand dollars worth of software, they can barely open the program, and want everyone else to jump in and give them free models and tell them how to do stuff like make a lightsaber. Puleeze.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but these forums have been flooded with this stuff lately. There's the "Welcome, README" thread at the top of the page, yet there are at least three threads on Page 1 where someone responds with "go read the Welcome thread". Am I really the only one who's starting to get a little frustrated here?

14. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    *applauds darth_paul*

15. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I stand corrected, Jedi2016. Sure enough, he does claim to own both programs, and yes, that does seem a little unlikely (while that hardly has any bearing on his search for Yuuzhan Vong models). So yeah, maybe the responses weren't quite as unwarranted as I thought, though I still don't see a problem with being courteous. Personal choice, I suppose. I'll just have to learn to read more carefully. And I should point out on an only peripherally-related subject that there is a Blender import script for Lightwave files out there somewhere - I've used it before.

-Paul

16. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    There is? Oh, whaddaya know.. hehe.

I actually don't have any problems with someone looking for Yuuzhan Vong models.. I've never seen one, so I'm assuming they're hard to come by, if they even exist. Along those lines, he never mentioned an attempt to search on his own, which is common practice ("I checked SF3D, I checked SWMA, I did Google", etc). Or perhaps I'm simply jaded since, if I really need it and can't find it, I can build it.

17. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    I looked all over. There has apparently been one made for a JK2 mod, but as far as a downloadable one, I got nothin.

M. Scott

18. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    **applauds_jedi2016*

Ha, my guy won scott!

/me dances around scott whilst taunting before I am knocked out by an unknown blunt object.

EDIT: and we are all going to have to get used to posts like these for the next 2-3 months because of the influx the AotC DVD is going to bring to us.

19. Antilles01

Antilles01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    Get used to it, people use pirated software. Go arrest 'em.

20. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Antilles: "One year early for the AOTC DVD influx!" for your sig.

Since I really don't feel like making a new thread, and since people are posting in this one, just how exactly is warez enforced? If I may quote one f my friends with no common sense, "What're they gonna do, arrest all 30,000 people?"

21. Admiral_Ant

Admiral_Ant Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    hey! hey! lets stop it now and try to get back to the original question. We ALL know where this thread is going to lead if we don't cool it.

22. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    The issue with warez HERE is that if it becomes apparent to the powers that be (who DO watch this site and this forum) that Fan Films made with pirated software are in the majority, our hobby may be shut down.

There's no way for us to stop people from USING it, but we need to stop them from TALKING about it.

M. Scott

23. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Hey, stealing software is okay because the cops arn't going to arrest you! Sigh, some people on this forum...

24. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I just got both of mine from the mail, now what do I do with them?

25. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Well, I've never seen a Yuuzhan Vong. If you send me some reference pictures, or just point me to some, maybe I'll model one.

By the way, I own a full licence of Maya and Lightwave, and at one time also owned 3d Studio Max R3. It's not as unlikely as you all make it out to be.

-tm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.