1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KenKenobi, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: go ahead a_r. maybe you can merge in some of the other players. i'm working on a post for my character, i'll try to have it up by tomorrow depending on how the thread turns out.
  2. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC:

I. The history of the past thread, the original Yuuzhan'tar of the EUC, is the very basis of this RP. I guess there has been some confusion in this, but really there shouldn't- the past events in the original thread aren't disregarded, as those events are even summed up in first post. :)

II. Apparently people aren't reading the part in the first post about needing verification for special characters, and just going ahead and taking the liberty to use those characters. While a few of these characters are available, they are only by special request via PM. Only one special character has been verified so far- Jacen Solo to Rogue. All the other's- Jaina, Jag, Sien Sovv, etc.- haven't been verified, they will not be considered at all until a PM request is recieved and valid information is presented that leads us to believe they can handle these characters.

The basic idea is to create your own character- not an invincible megazord, not a full squadron of elites, not an already established Supreme Commander, but a new character on your own, unless you send a PM requesting to become a 'special character' instead, in which case it will be considered.

III. You can't have an NPC unless you're designated as the head of a starfighter squadron of your own, which isn't the case at the moment. Additionally, I might as well take this moment to note it, most of Rogue Squadron is gone and all of the Wild Knightz save for Jaina (who's with Yalmak now) and Saba have been killed as well.

IV. If you don't like the RPG, Yun-Yuuzhan don't participate in it, and don't post comments as you did before. Especially about knowledge of the Yuuzhan Vong- I'm completely sure that I know more about the Yuuzhan Vong, and the entire NJO for that matter, than you do. As for the name "Otto", none of us made it up, but it was one of the first members of the original Yuuzhan'tar, and that character is a part of the history of this RPG.

V. Now, let's get this thing back on track and begin RPing. ;) :D :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)
  3. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    *agress with Yun*

Otto is teh non-uber name for Yuuzhan Vong folk. And domains are fun! As are pineapples!
  4. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Look up the old thread. It's not like we've never used domains before.
  5. Yun-Yuuzhan Force Ghost

star 4
    PoT edit:

If you want to make a point, you do so by the rules. If you don't like the rules, take it to IM, but this sort of discourse achieves nothing and constitutes flaming and - as you are not a player of this RP - is tantamount to trolling.
  6. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    PoT OOC:

That's just about enough. Between arguing amongst yourselves, to seeing fit to retaliate in kind when someone has a dig, your collective conduct leaves a lot to be desired so far.

I'll hold off on locking this for now, but if the general level of behaviour in this thread doesn't improve, I'll intervene and lock it up. Any problems, feel free to PM me.
  7. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: well we sure have stirred up a quite a bit of resentment since we have made our big move. hahahahahaah...whew. Alright guys, for the newcomers and possible future rpers here just read the opening post by KK it explains the rules. ;) other than that, let's play. No more hard feelings.
  8. Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Master

star 4
    Due to excess work and plans upcoming, and the general mood of this thread, I'll withdraw from this thread.
  9. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Like jhc said, no more hard feelings. It's unproductive, and doesn't create the kind of atmosphere we need to have an effective and fun experience with other JC patrons. Let's start this off on the right foot again.

I guarantee a post by tomorrow.
  10. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: al?Yammka

Hidden Damutek, Western Mountains of Yuuzhan?tar

*He had burst from his chambers easily enough, the sphincter had given in to his immense size. He had made short work of the shamed-ones-turned-guards. They had crumpled under his mighty attack, but they were not who he wanted. The shamed shaper, that?s who I want want?she might have healed me, but she is also a heretic?.!. *

*It had been made easy enough for him, finding the shamed shaper that is. She was busy trying to escape, holding one of the infidel?s communication devices! she was going to pay dearly for this treachery, blasphemous!. Her face revealed the true horror of looking upon the Dread Lord?the device dropped from her oozing shaper?s hand.*

?Tchuk ru? nor-ik?..Infidel!? he roared.

?But I have healed you, I have given you a second chance! Can you not see the future, why are you still set in your old ways??? She pleaded.

Infidel tongue?! She does not even recognize our language!!

*at first she thought she had affected him. She had changed him, she had convinced that she was on his side?.on the Yuuzhan Vong side. She only wanted peace, no more war and death. Some place where her race could live in peace with the rest of the galaxy. Maybe it was because of her brief reverie that she had not noticed al?Yammka rushing her. Maybe it was denial, maybe it was just hopelessness. Whatever it was it did not last for long. She heard rather than felt the release of her life blood. She had always heard that horrific, bodily accidents could not be felt....they had been described as dreamlike. Maybe I am finally becoming part of this galaxy.*

*The only time during the attack and the last time of her life she would feel pain was the brief but excruciating pain her mind dealt when al?Yammka?s implanted arm had gripped her spine through her torso. What the Dread Lord did not know was that she was dead before he exited the damutek?before he had snapped her spine through her torso after seeing the hundreds of infidels.*

*The crumpled body lay at his feet, a brief smile crossed his tattered visage. I will enjoy this very much.*

*Laser fire erupted from the hundreds of white, armour clad troopers. Most were way off target, the rest were easily deflected by his elite vonduun crab armour. Armed with only the coufee the strange, but worthy shamed one had given him he advanced upon the troops. His war cry, along with his abrupt headlong charge brought chaos to infidels. Many ran in terror and others knelt, already admitting defeat. But the sudden chaos became more organized, the troopers were beginning to take cover behind fallen comrades. They were pushing him back. The immense Yuuzhan Vong was taking a few hits, he was bleeding from numerous wounds. He then noticed why the sudden change of morale, a lone figure standing prominently in the back issuing orders.*

*He picked up the nearest fallen infidel, easily enough, he charged using the body for cover. He was making significant progress, he even glanced a moment of fear in the leader?s eyes. He probably would have made it to him. But the Dread Lord?s luck was about to change. Deafening laser fire erupted from the sky, completing obliterating the damutek and some the surrounding jungle. Infidel troopers were cheering. Then he saw it. A blasphemous, infidel ship was approaching?and at such low altitude! He could feel the ground shake at the approach.*

*Realizing that he could not win this by himself he flung the headless body at a few of the remaining troopers stupid enough to get in his way. A swift thrust of the coufee and he had downed the last ten remaining in his way to freedom...the jungle.*

TAG: Nev
  11. Yalmak-Scur Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: Alrighty then. Well since we have all decided to play nice I think we will have a good time.

Rogue of Peace I wish you would reconsider joining us. We're really normally not this hostile. Most of it was an overreaction on my part. I think your idea of playing Jacen as a neutral "peace broker" type would add alot.

So what are we back to our original 5?

---------------------------------------------
    IC
    Yalmak covered his stolen X-wing with debris from the surrounding jungle. This whole experience was new to him. He could feel the life flowing through the jungle he could feel the force in every leaf and twig. For a short time he thought these sensations would over come him. Yalmak sat on a decaying log and focused on the living force flowing around him. Quickly he learned to distinguish one plant from another then he tried with the various creatures scurrying about their day to day activities. Thing were progressing easily for Yalmak now he slowly extended feelings farther out into the jungle he wasn?t sure exactly how far he could extend his new found senses. Then it hit him like a sledgehammer to the gut. Some much death soldiers were dying by the hundreds. The sensation doubles Yalmak over. His concentration lost and his link to the force lessened Yalmak recovered and set off to find the battle.

---------------------------------------------
    OOC:
    My posts may be shorter than usual for a while cause I'm not totally sure where I'm going with this yet. Which is alright because I do my best work on the fly.

12. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC:

PoT: Noted. ;) And thanks for stepping in- even though I don't exactly know what happened there, everyone seems to be on the same page now, and it's looking positive again. ;) :)

Imperial Supply Center, Nearing Imperial Headquarters, Yuuzhan'tar Surface

Yom Yorrik

The Warmaster bellowed a growl that spread across the plane of the supply center they had begun attacking, its sound carrying to every warrior on the front lines, reassuring them of his support and an imminent victory.

The Imperial supply center, the largest of the four currently claimed by the Empire (I'm assuming here, Nev ;) :p ), was but half a kilometer from the outer edges of the Imperial headquarters. Yorrik and his army had stormed the area just moments earlier, surprised to see the place so heavily fortified...not to the point of invincibility, or even doubt of victory, but with enough firepower to stall his troops, two mounted turbolasers on the ground and two turbolasers on the roof of the supply center building mowing down his front lines.

Then they had covered themselves in response to the attack. The Warmaster, surprised to find the building to heavily defended, stood at the back of the group as they shielded themselves behind dead comrades, the enemy stormtroopers doing the same with other dead stormtroopers and shrapnel from parts of the building destroyed by the three fire-breathers providing coverfire for the small strike teams Yom would surge forward to attempt to storm the building, none of which had yet been successful.

It was a standoff, and exactly the type of situation Yom had hoped not to be in before the attack on the Imperial Headquarters- he couldn't afford to take many losses, the other half of his army deployed on other fronts, including the three other Imperial supply centers located on Yuuzhan'tar.

The main problem was the fact that they were armed with those two mounted turbolasers- weapons capable not only of killing his warriors by the tenfold in one quick sweep, but also of killing his fire-breathers, as was evident by the dead body of one that a group of his warriors were using as cover against the oncoming wave of laser bolts.

There were two options, at the moment, both of which Yom considered heavily before choosing- on one hand, he could order a full advance on the enemy, charging his entire force at them until taking the building and destroying the turbolasers. That tactic would no doubt result in the death of half or more of his warriors, leaving him little to work with once arriving at the Headquarters and rendezvousing with the slayer army moving in on the other side.

The other option was to wait it out, building up a defense and perhaps digging into the dirt to fortify themselves until support was available, or air support could be provided. Yet, so close to the Headquarters, the Imperials would no doubt get the reinforcements first, perhaps even receiving air support before any coralskippers could find time to strafe over the building.

In the end, Yom Yorrik chose neither, another tactical option coming to mind. Instead he ordered for his fire-breathers to advance and focus their fire on the turbolaser emplacements ontop of the building and in front of it, as well as the apparent snipers in the tower adjacent to the supply building. His next command was for his warriors to follow closely behind the fire-breathers, utilizing the coverfire and shielding provided by the beasts long enough to cross the front lines and assault the enemy stormtroopers with their amphsitaffs and, at least for those deemed worthy to carry such weapons, with their miniature volcano cannons.

With a shout of "Do-ro'ik vong pratte" the fire-breathers surged forward, spitting flames at the tower and top of the supply center building, his warriors rising up to follow the beasts' lead into the enemy's territory...and to their victory over this small checkpoint.

Curren/>
  13. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I watched him kill the stormtroopers with devastating efficiency. Truly, this was the feared al'Yammka. And he was making mincemeat of the troopers, much as I had earlier. No words were sufficient to describe their demise. It was horrid. And, if I wanted to preserve my mission, I could do nothing about it. al'Yammka had what I needed to take on Nom Anor and find out what he was keeping from me. If the Alliance got involved, there was no way I'd ever get my answers.

It was regrettable. Why must these people die so that I can have answers? It didn't seem fair, even though these answers could be the key to ending the war forever. I hid behind body after body as he left the building and headed into the jungle. There, I could find better cover to hide from al'Yammka and stormtroopers...but I could never hide from the truth, the truth that there was no easy answer.

Some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved.
  14. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Nev_Dron Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC:nope KK, it's not the biggest on Yuuzhan'tar ;)

----------------------------------------------------------

IC: Admiral Nev Dron

Outside Destroyed Damutek, Western Mountains

He had heard the roar, the snapping of the shapers spine, and the deafening roar of his troopers laser fire. But what he couldn't hear was his own thoughts. I'm an Admiral in the Imperial Navy for Carida's sake!! Snap into it!! It was only a brief lapse in command on his part, and that brief delay had caused the death of nearly a hundred stormtroopers. The towering scar head was making mince meat of his stormtroopers, he had noticed with unease at the full fury of the once-supreme overlord. His strength was literally amazing, he had to give credit to his troops...the many that did not run in terror stood valiantly.

He had gathered his senses now. His troops were coming into formation now, using their dead comrades for cover. A few even tried hand-to-hand with the gigantic vong...but they were'nt even close...geez.

"All squads pull back!! Concentrate all fire at the vong! Alpha, Bravo commence cover fire for retreat!!"

He had just announced the orders when his comlink beeped.

"Admiral!", the voice yelled.
    "Hybrid is only 10 klicks distant! Pull your troops back, we'll roast that place with our guns."

Ohhh...the might of the Empire, these vong are going to punish for their lapse of judgement.
    He grinned at the thought before ordering the pull back.

Hybrid had made little of the damutek and the surrounding jungle. The scarhead had fled...carrying with him four of his stormtroopers, dead of course. All in all, the scarhead had killed over 150 of his troops. Barely a dent in the overall scheme of things, he had an entire legion albeit terrified, but just a dent.

Hybrid met no resistance upon landing. The retrofitted, Victory class Star Destroyer constructed for the purpose of ground warfare was a fine example of the example of Imperial warfare.

He ascended one of the many ramps leading into Hybrid, he glanced briefly behind him. Damn, I hate this place!

TAG: No one really ;)

IC: Colonel Dratsum

Imperial Supply Base

~They were under heavy fire, plasma cannons and the fire breathers were reigning havoc upon the base. They had yet to penetrate the base, but now it seemed as though they had found a strategy. All of the enemy's fire power was now concentrated upon his three turbolaser batteries.~

~Deep in his bunker, Colonel Dratsum was altogether safe and secure. He had orbital surveillance of the battle, from Admiral Nev Dron's Star Destroyer, Carida. He had noticed the approach of the scarheads, but had underestimated their full potential. Supreme Overlord Khataaz had reliquished the truce between the two armies, so the Empire had to move the main supply base to one farther away from the Supreme Overlord's Citadel.~

"This is Colonel Dratsum from Imperial Supply Base Twanti. Requesting back up, immediately. Scarheads are making progress upon our supply base, we'll be able to hold them off for another twelve standard Coruscant hours.", he had shown no emotion during this converse.

"Colonel Dratsum this is Captain Doryl of Hybrid we will be there in two."

TAG: KK

16. Yalmak-Scur Jedi Knight

star 1
    Garbed in his black leather cloak Yalmak watched the battle for the Imperial supply center. Rain began to fall with the sunset. It was another of Yuuzhan?tars unpredictable miniature monsoons. Lightening raged across the night sky. Yalmak watched. He felt every death. He felt the rage, the fear and still he watched. Storm Troopers rained crimson death on the approaching Yuuzhan Vong Warriors but they never faltered. The air was thick with Razor bugs and plasma rounds but the Storm troopers wouldn?t give an inch. The battles outcome could still go to either side. It was a precarious situation Yalmak knew that his assistance for either side could turn the tide of the battle. Still He watched. Support his former people the Yuuzhan Vong, help them reclaim the world that they rightfully won in combat, or help the Imperials who are so quick to bend their knee to a dominate leader. His decision made Yalmak stood to better survey the battle field. Quickly he spun and headed back into the jungle. "They are not ready." he thought to himself as he headed off into the night.
  17. exodus411 Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Madraj Dentarg

Species: Yuuzhan Vong

Affiliation: Vong

Division: Army

ooc: How's that? If it's okay, would someone PM me and give me instructions for my character, like what he could or should be doing at the moment?
  18. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Well, we tend to be pretty picky about using "Yuuzhan Vong" instead of "Vong" but we'll let it slide...this time... :p

Do you want to fight for Nom Anor or al'Yammka? That's the first thing you need to determine. Second, this is a pretty character-driven story, so keep that in mind.

Other than that, there's not much else I can tell you other than good luck.
  19. exodus411 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, you know what I meant. ;) I think I'll fight for Nom Anor, if that's okay.
  20. Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Knight

star 2
    This looks good!

Name: Warmaster Tsavong Lah
    Species: Yuuzhan Vong
    Sex: Male
    Affiliation: Yuuzhan Vong
    Division: Department of War

I'll post later......
  21. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC:

exodus: I'll have a post up for your character soon... ;) :)

Boba: Tsavong Lah is dead. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)
  22. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc:

exodus: oh, so now you dont like Dread Lord, al'Yammka??!!! oh...you're soo dead.... ;) [face_devil]

boba: you can create another yuuzhan vong if you want, just make up a name. if you would like to request an already named yuuzhan vong (NPC) then just pm KK or myself. :)
  23. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Maybe you can be one of Tsavong's other kids that he has all over the universe because he's a deadbeat dad and won't pay his child support. :p
  24. Rampani Force Ghost

star 4
    KenKenobi has given me permission to be.....

Name: Sien Sovv
    Species: Sullustan
    Affiliation: Galactic Alliance
    Division: Navy-Fleet Command

Now, GM's, where shall I begin?
  25. Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: Oh...I really liked him. Too bad. I don't think I'm gonna stay in.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.