1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KenKenobi, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Yuuzhan'tar

Imperial Base Zero

IC: Second Lieutenant A-404, Commander Starkiller, Boba Fett

The only living clone of the Emperor, he said. Based on the beating the base had taken, Starkiller would've believed anything. Why not? The place was a mess and it deserved some sort of explanation.

"Quite a story A-404."

"Yes Master."

"Believe it," Boba put in after stealing a clandestine look at Krysta who was sitting on a crate, rubbing her head. "This Kirian character must've caused my daughter some brain damage on top of that. You talk to her about it, she might give you hell."

Sirius folded his arms acros his chest. "I don't doubt it. Well mister Katarn, I believe this problem on our shoulders can be easily solved if you would allow me a short whole to whip up a viable strategy."

TAG: alpha

IC: Dengar, Major Icks

Dengar swore under his breath as he brought Major Icks to the entrance of the base and to the New Republic agent. Icks was already in a rotten mood; understandable given all that had happened that day. And it just wasn't getting any better.

"I'm back. Here he is."

"You never told me, bounty hunter. Who is this man?"

Dengar just shrugged. "Well he didn't have the decency to tell me. Perhaps it'll be different for you. Why don't you ask him? Don't let me stop you."

"Ugh..."

TAG: KH

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------/>
  2. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    OOC: Wow, I'm behind. Only one more six weeks of school to go, though, and I'm FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!111

IC as Kyle

"Yeah, that'd be hella nice."

Kyle collapsed on the floor. He was pretty sure the others were giving him a weird look as he faded into unconsciousness and probably another nightmarish vision of apocalyptic proportions.

OOC: Anyone who has absolutely any ideas on how to move this forward, PLEASE tell me. I have a case of writer's block, not just here but on my other stories, too./>/>
  3. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    OOC: Mort says he'll have a post up soon -- thank the Force. In the mean time, I'd like to post my preliminary Y't II history bit for evaluation by the thread participants and all others who want to make a comment:

It has been six months since the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War. The Yuuzhan Vong fleets and armies lie in ruins over the newly-recaptured world of Coruscant. Nom Anor, the former Supreme Overlord of the Yuuzhan Vong, has been dethroned and driven into exile by the only two beings whose raw hatred for him matches his own cunning ? the accidental clone Jedi Kirian Palpatine, turned into a Force-sensitive fighter for the Yuuzhan Vong by the orders of Anor and the hand of his eventual love, Nen Yim, and the old Supreme Overlord, the legendary Yuuzhan Vong warrior al?Yammka. Yet, though they have freed the Yuuzhan Vong people from his exploitative clutches, their debt to him remains unpaid ? they will not stop until Nom Anor is dead.

What was shaped by the Yuuzhan Vong into a facsimile of their ancestral homeworld of Yuuzhan?tar has been blasted by orbital bombardment in an effort to kill the Yuuzhan Vong army, in the Alliance?s final attack -- the inconceivable energies directed by the angry multitudes of decaying lightspeed quanta reduced the holy armada to shreds, along with much of the planet itself. The world has been turned into a military garrison by the Alliance, with Jedi Masters Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker presiding over the suppressed militants. For the most part, the Yuuzhan Vong are glad to no longer be at war ? ever since the gods were proven to be false by Nom Anor with Kirian?s aid, the Yuuzhan Vong people have been experiencing a great deal of unrest but are beginning to finally settle down ? albeit with a great many Alliance and Imperial officials calling for the extermination of the subjugated race.

Onboard the orbiting Mon Calamari flagship Cathedral of Winds, the Jedi Master Cilghal has also survived, but at great cost ? the Sacred Chalice and most of the rest of the Coruscant fleet has been reduced to battered hulks by the ferocious onslaught of the Yuuzhan Vong. But, they are slowly recovering, with reinforcements sent from Corellia, Kuat, and other worlds still held by the Alliance.

The bounty hunter Boba Fett and his daughter Krysta, along with their longtime friend and associate Dengar, fought valiantly for the fate of the galaxy in the Battle of Base Zero. The clans of Mandalore have begun to reunite behind them, and to press forward into the unknown reaches of the galaxy to fight the enemies of civilization.

The Jedi Kirian is still in exile from the Jedi Order, poisoned by his hatred of Nom Anor and his ultimate desire for vengeance. Taking up his father?s legacy, he has begun to search for ways to revive the powers of the ancient Sith within him, all in an effort to find the traitor and kill him, alongside his lover Nen Yim. As for the Sith themselves, in Yalmak Scur and his Sith Master, Valen Ssurd ? known to the Sith as Darth Falcor ? they remain in hiding, presumably waiting until the time is right to strike, with or without the help of Kirian.

However, the most dangerous conflict lies in the shadows ? at the very heart of Coruscant?s purpose, nature, and conversion into Yuuzhan?tar. Since time immemorial, the beings behind it have devoured races, civilizations, entire galaxies to achieve their ends. And it is they who lie in wait with the darkest, grandest scheme ever conceived, to turn all life into their playthings. In opposition to this threat, the Force has chosen the strongest warriors in the Alliance to stand and fight one more time. Tempered in the fires of war, they are all that guards the fate of the Force ? and with it, the universe...

Thoughts?
    />/>
  4. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Looks good alpha :)

Yuuzhan'tar - Imperial Base Zero

IC: Commander Sirius Starkiller, Second Lieutenant A-404, Boba Fett

A-404 regarded Kyle with an inquisitive scan. With a few whirr's of his joints, he bent down and hunched over.

Scan inconclusive. Target incapacitated.

A-404 arose. "What has happened to him, Master? I was eager to speak with him."

"Your guess is as good as mine,
    said Starkiller. But it looks like he needs medical attention."

"I'll take him to my ship," Boba put in. "It's closer than the infirmary on the other side of the compound."

Starkiller gave but a slight nod. "So be it."

"Krysta, get his legs."

Slave IV

IC: Krysta Fett

It was nice to see clean sheets on the bed again, but still, the room still stunk of her sweat from earlier and Krysta cringed from time to time.

But her only real complaint was what, or who rather, was in her bed at the time. Oh sure, treating the man was fine, but Krysta still didn't understand why Boba made her give up her bed for Kyle Katarn.

"Couldn't we just give him the cargo hold?" she had asked.

But Boba wouldn't have it.

What made her more uncomfortable was that he was a Jedi. Even more so, she was worried about what his reaction would be to see her trophy cabinet filled with skulls and a little over ten Jedi lightsabers.

She didn't want anything to happen to the trinkets she had earned for herself, so she remained in her quarters, seated with her back facing Katarn, her jetpack discarded on the floor, and her helmet in her lap. Krysta kept seated, maintaining a fixed stare at her grisly collection and wondering when Kyle would wake.

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------/>
  5. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    OOC: I was half expecting to see a Shinji moment. :p

The next post will feature Luke, and Kyle will also take part. I'll have it up before the weekend's out. What time will depend on how much Diablo II I decide to play. :p
  6. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC as Kyle

"This is the light of the soul, sacred territory where no one should intrude." -- Nagisa Kaworu

Dammit, not the Angel again.

The ethereal being had been the center of the Jedi's vision twice now, as he awoke again to find a bunch of bacta patches plastered on top of his shaper-inflicted scar. He supposed it was just one more, in his lifetime of hunting down Imperials, dark Jedi, Yuuzhan Vong, criminals, and the odd droid who tried to steal his wallet.

"Where am I? What's going on?" Kyle asked the Mandalorian Angel.

Tag: Mort
  7. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Slave IV

Oh dear...

The Jedi was finally awake. Krysta didn't bother turning around. She thought about slamming on the helmet, but that didn't happen. Krysta gulped and, trying to sound as unfazed as possible, gave a response. Kyle deserved it.

"You passed out and dad brought you onto the ship. To be more specific, you're in my bed. And I wonder... Are you trembling as you lay there?

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------
  8. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC as Kyle

"...trembling? Why would I be trembling? I feel so lightheaded I can barely move. I just wonder why your dad invited me onto the ship...what's going on out there? Am I throwing questions too fast?"

9. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Slave IV

"Oh I wouldn't worry about that. But lightheadedness aside, if I were in your shoes, I would take another look around."

10. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC as Kyle

The Jedi obeyed Krysta's command. He was indeed inside Slave IV. But moreso than that, he also began to notice something else. The trappings of this room did not comprise the traditional background of the room of a female human teenager -- rather, it was littered with skulls.

And lightsabers.

Kyle had almost had a dream during his transport from the base to the ship, he recalled. However, the reality had turned out to be worse. Kyle felt guilty for thinking it -- he supposed it was his Jedi sensibilities, or compassion for life, whichever sounded better -- but he felt sorry for the poor sods who'd been annihilated in the bombardment.

There wasn't any way to save them...it had to be done.

He wondered whether he was supposed to feel sorry for this strange woman. He could still hear the spirits of the fallen Jedi calling to him, their last traces of terror preserved on their sabers.

"How did you acquire those?" Kyle asked, pointing at the lightsabers.

11. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Slave IV

"I simply took them," Krysta said, standing up from her crate and setting her helmet on the floor. "After I shot their owners full of holes that is."

Krysta turned around and gave a sexy womanish grin to Kyle before going to another crate full of weapons and rumaging through it. From it, she pulled out a familiar lightsaber hilt.

"Is this yours? I rather like it."

12. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    ((OOC: someone tagging me would be nice...))
  13. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    OOC: You were tagged at the end of the last page.

IC as Kyle

Kyle briefly looked outside to make sure there weren't any attacks incoming. It appeared to have stopped for a while. He worried about his former apprentice, as he was prone to do, before turning back to the Mandalorian.

"Why? Why'd you hunt Jedi? I've always been curious about the Mandalorian problem with us. From what I've studied of history, you guys just go around looking for a fight and Revan gave you one, longer ago than I care to count. I didn't pay too much attention in Jedi history, but why now? I know your dad trained you to kill Jedi. But why? What purpose could it possibly serve when you, he, and the Empire all know the danger of the Yuuzhan Vong? And don't tell me it's because Luke wasn't willing to do anything at the start of the war -- I've heard that one before, and it doesn't fly."

14. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Slave IV

Krysta took Kyle's side and looked down upon him, her look rather bland.

"Actually, I've not killed a Jedi for a while now. Last one I ran down was on Ruul two years ago," she explained, pointing to a specific hilt on the wall.

"Dad thought it was nescessary skill for me to learn and I kinda fell into it. Probably has to do with the fact that grandpa Jango was murdered by a Jedi. Forgot that man's name, but dad regrets not being the one to end his life."

15. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    IC Nen Yim

After thinking a moment, she replies. "This tube leads to the waste management below the warrior training complexes. From there it snakes past the shaper Damuteks before ending right below the throne room. Nom Anor is extremely paranoid, so he might have traps set. we should be quiet and careful. And watch out for falling-"

A series of dark lumps of composted vegetable matter falls from the ceiling and into the liquid at their feet.

"Poo."

Tag: Alpha
  16. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC as Kyle

"The Jedi's name was Mace Windu. He was a member of the Jedi Council who led the offensive at Geonosis at the beginning of the Clone Wars. The Jedi went pretty much extinct after that -- Vader hunted them all down, with no small amount of help from your father. But I still don't get why he thought you needed to learn."

Kyle paused for a moment to collect his thoughts before restarting again.

"Who did that saber belong to?"

IC as Kirian

I refrained from biting out a curse word that insulted a random deity and instead tried to focus my mind on the revenge at hand.

"Bunch of warriors above...there must be a way to create some sort of a disturbance. Two more questions -- I hope you haven't gotten tired of fielding them yet." I suddenly drew her close to escape a splotch of falling feces that hit the ground where she had been milliseconds earlier.

"I don't know how much of the shaper protocols I remember, but...that shaper complex has got to have something in it that we can use. How many warriors are there, and is there any way to redirect this waste system? I think a Corellian steamer's in order for those guys."

Tag: VC/>
  17. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    IC Nen Yim

"A correllian steamer? Not going to ask." she think about his question a moment. "We could clog the tubes leading to their housing, or somehow make the Maw Luur regurgitate anything it takes in. Such as, an allergic reaction, or a very bad cut." She smiles, hoping he gets the idea, and motions to a smaller tunnel above their heads. "A day's worth of solid waste could keep them very busy."

Tag: alpha
  18. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Slave IV

Krysta cringed at Kyle's clarification, but she supposed that she brought it upon herself.

She refocused her gaze on the lightsaber she pointed out. "That saber? Oh, it belonged to some Jedi woman. Morgana, I think her name was. I don't recall her full name; just the manner in how she went out. Quite amusing if I do say so myself."

Krysta stopped herself for a moment and issued Kyle a wry smirk. "I hope that wasn't one of your lady friends."

19. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC as Kyle

If Kyle had been sitting upright he would have recoiled into his current position laying down on the bed.

"No, she wasn't one of my lady friends. I remember her. Nice girl. I guess it's some point of contention that I'm not really that upset that she's dead. A lot of people would call me inhuman for that. But I'm a soldier, and when you're a soldier you generally accept people dying. And I know she's one with the Force now. But we could still use all the hands we have fighting here. Any word from Starkiller on his attack strategy?"

IC as Kirian

"Cuts, I can do."

I readied my sword -- it began glowing red with the fires of the planet's rage. I then leaped up to the cavern's ceiling and stabbed it through, hoping I hit something.

One very loud animalistic shriek later, the hit was confirmed.

It took me a few seconds to calm down from my white-hot state of rage. I could already feel my body beginning to succumb to the poisonous hatred that my father felt for all the universe. My skin was becoming paler and paler, showcasing my Yuuzhan Vong markings and tattoos nearly perfectly, their green and black and red contrasting perfectly with the stark white. I almost looked like an ancient warlord returned from the dead. Though it couldn't be any more repulsive than what I hoped was happening to the warriors above right now.

Tag: VC/>
  20. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    Nen Yim shrugs. "I was suggesting we back up the pipes, but that method works, too. Now, if you'll calm down we can keep moving. Nom Anor might get suspicious when the pipes back up."

Tag: Alpha
  21. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Slave IV

Krysta shrugged. "How should I know? I barley know the man as it is, and he sure as hell doesn't say much to me or dad, unless it's a lengthy explanation of a job offer."

22. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC as Kirian

"Sounds good. I'd bet we can find some useful stuff in the damutek. Let's head over there."

Tag: VC

IC as Kyle

"OK, that makes sense. Another question: What do you know about the clans of Mandalore? What's going on with them these days?"

Tag: Mort/>
  23. Mortimer_Nerdly Force Ghost

star 5
    Slave IV

Krysta shrugged again and rolled her eyes. "Listen Jedi, just because you're all cozy in my bed doesn't mean you get to go badger me with constant questions!"

24. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    IC Nen Yim

She resists the urge to laugh. "Useful stuff in the damutek? Nom Anor has us on such a tight budget that we don't even have extra air in the damutek. And he'd never give us stuff we'd be able to use against him. It's probably coded. He's got megalomaniac complex."

She steps around a floating think that was once a corpse and keeps walking.

Tag: alpha
  25. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    IC as Kirian

"Nice little fiscal model you've got going on here. Anywhere else we might be able to yoink some good stuff from without getting caught?"

Tag: VC

IC as Kyle

"Oh yes it does, unless you want to risk your dad's wrath in throwing me out. I'm not trying to torture you or anything. Unless that's what you want. I roughed up more than a few Imperial goons back in the day. They all cracked eventually. I'm trying to give you more than that level of respect...though I suppose you could say I have an ulterior motive. For all the times I tried to train Kirian, in the end I've failed, and it's due to his hate. It's like it can't be stopped -- he hears the screams of this entire planet, and through it the universe. I hear them too, but he's gone mad. But I'm still reaching at hope for him, thinking that maybe there was something I missed. I have a feeling you've got something else you're aiming for besides just amassing a collection of sabers. Or you should have, anyway."

Tag: Mort/>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.