main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KenKenobi, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Well, I guess it's been a day.

2. Yalmak-Scur

Yalmak-Scur Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2003
    IC: Valen Ssurd

This is Lost Traveler hailing GFFA orbital command. Requesting permission to go planet side.

Orbital Command Orbital Command to Lost Traveler state your business.

Valen Ssurd I am here to start the rebuilding process of Coruscant. My family has for generations owned vast sections of the lower levels of Coruscant; with the Vong destroying the upper levels my property has now become prime real estate. That is of course once it?s rebuilt. I intend to be the first to offer new dwellings for the refugees to return to. At a reasonable price of course. I can transmit you copies of the deeds if its necessary.

Orbital Command Mr. Ssurd are you aware that the surface of this planet is still in a highly contested state. Even as a citizen of the GFFA we cannot guarantee your safety.

Valen Ssurd I am well aware of the current hostilities taking place on the Surface but my land is well clear of any of the areas that are currently being contested. I have also brought along a little bit of protection my self. Feel free to scan the Freighter ?Ragnos Fury? if you like. That is a sample of what I have brought to help secure my holdings.

Orbital Command Mr. Ssurd your entire convoy was scanned the moment you entered GFFA space. We are well aware of the armament that you have brought with you. I feel that it is still necessary that I make it perfectly clear to you. If you land your ships we will not have the resources to defend your encampment. You will be basically on your own. Do you understand this?

Valen Ssurd Yes sir. I understand perfectly. Believe me when I tell I will be fine.

With that said the convoy of Valen Ssurd began its decent to the planets surface.

3. Yalmak-Scur

Aug 24, 2003
    OOC
    Where the heck is every body? And don't say going to see "The Return of the King" That doesn't start until midnight. Its only 20 minutes until 9 on the east coast. Only 3 posts so far today. and 2 of them are mine.
    --------------------------------------------

IC Yalmak

The pain was blinding. Staggering, through the jungle babbling to himself incoherently Yalmak came across a group of Storm troopers that had fled the battle. The six Storm Troopers leveled their blasters at Yalmak. In an instant he reacted. It wasn?t fast enough. Three of the six blasts hit him before he loosed the force lightening scorching the six storm troopers into charred blackened lumps of melted armor and flesh. Yalmak stumbled forward and fell onto the pile of Storm trooper corpses.

IC Darth Falcor

Sitting atop his throne deep in meditation. ?Yalmak-Scur you are truly disappointing. Perhaps I was wrong about you. You could be truly powerful if only you could learn control.

4. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Band concert. This hot black chick grabbed my purple Morpheus tie (complemented by the rest of my pure-black attire), told me I was sexy, and tried to drag me off by my tie to get some food and punch. I talked to a friend of mine, who's going with my best friend and some others out to Starbucks, and--oh yeah, I have homework. An entire notebook to assemble ain't that much fun.

I can't see Return of the King tonight. I need my sleep. And I can't see it tomorrow, either, because I have private lessons and then church. And then yet more homework. Can't see it Thursday, because I have to salvage my history grade and do physics homework. Friday is the earliest I'm available to do anything. I'm waiting until jhc's next post to make mine.

5. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: sorry guys, i was off work yesterday which means no time for internet activity...seeing that i have cable hookup here and dial at home. ;) Plus i saw ROTK last night...well this morning i should say 12:01am. :cool: It was well worth it. awesome movie! so, that being said. it's time for the long awaited post. it's short, i'm still trying to figure out where i'm going with this. :p
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Dread Lord al'Yammka

Distant Jungle's of Yuuzhan'tar

*Somewhere deep in the jungle, away from everything else, the Dread Lord whispered a silent prayer to the gods. It was night, the jungle's various scents heightened his awareness...he was truly the Dread Lord appointed by the gods. Here to deliver Yuuzhan'tar from heretics and infidels and to rid the glorious planet from the biggest heretic of them all....Nom Anor!. In a show of extreme hatred, he crushed the bloodied skull of the infidel warrior.*

*It was the middle of the night, time to move. Night was when he moved, a silent predator amidst the cover of mist and darkness. He was always traveling, it had been three standard cycles of the Yuuzhan'tar's primary. He was getting closer...much closer. And only he knew where he was heading. [face_devil]

TAG: No one of course. ;) [face_devil]

6. Nev_Dron

Nev_Dron Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2003
    ooc:

Victory-I class Star Destroyer
    a medium-duty capital ship, the Victory-class was the precursor to the Imperial class. It was designed by Walex Blissex and was commissioned into service near the end of the Clone Wars. It was manufactured by Rendili StarDrive, and was built to serve three purposes: planetary defense, planetary assault and ground troop support, and ship-to-ship combat. It can run at speeds up to .45 past lightspeed. The Victory-class measured 900 meters in length, and was manned by 4,798 crewers and 402 gunners. It could transport up to 2,040 troops, and held 8,100 metric tons of cargo. It was equipped with 10 quad turbolaser batteries, 40 double turbolaser batteries, 80 concussion missile tubes, and 10 tractor beam projectors. Note that the Star Wars: Customizable Card Game states that the Victory-class Star Destroyer had the capability to operate in a planet's atmosphere. Also note that Starships of the Galaxy indicates the weaponry of this ship consisted of 10 light turbo quad lasers, 20 double turbolaser batteries, 20 concussion missile tubes, and 10 tractor bea, projectors. (HTTE, ISB, CCG, SOG)

It doesn't say anything about holding any Tie-Fighters. But if an AT-AT wieghed 100 tons then 20 would weigh 2000 tons The Star destroyer would still have 6,100 meteric tons of storage capacity. Seeing as how an AT-AT only carries 40 soldiers and a crew I doubt it weighs 100 tons maybe something closer to 75 tons which still leaves plenty of room to create additional barracks for ground troops. Of course the lay out of the ship itself would have to be drastically altered to accomdate that many AT-AT's.

I'm assuming that the Imperial Engineers could accomodate my alloted troop capacity. ;)

7. Nev_Dron

Nov 11, 2003
    IC: Colonel Dratsum

Imperial Supply Base

"Sir, we have lost 20 more men!", his aid screamed.

~He glanced at his only remaining relay station, the one by Carida, the screen suddenly went black.~

"We have lost our signal! We have no way of coordinating our remaining men!"

~He knew what was coming but he just couldn't believe it, Hybrid was here, but it might it still would be too late for him. He was not resigned to die here, if Hybrid had not sent an extracion team then he would just have to do it himself...~

~...the door burst in, standing in the doorway was not human, in fact it was not even sentient. It was a droid...an assassin droid.~

"I have come for you Colonel, we must go." the matter-of-fact statement caught him off guard.

He replied, "Well done, droid, but we're not out of this yet."

TAG: Mort

IC: Captain Doryl

Hybrid

~Warning claxons blaring.~

"Damage report, Lieutenant!," he screamed

"Minor damage to decks 45 ad 46. Shields still holding at 98%, they are maneuverable sons of b....," he let out.

~The battle was raging outside, Coral skippers had made a couple of attack runs on the ship but were unable to penetrate the shields. It was obvious that they were heading for one of the shield generators under the ship.~

"Helmsman. Concentrate 45% of our weapons to the ground forces, everything else on those skips."

"Sir, we have destroyed seven of thier skips!"

~A smile pursed his lips, now we will show these scarheads the true might of the Empire!~

"Helmsman! Drop the ship to just 50 meters off the floor of the planet!"

It was time to show the enemy what this retrofitted ship could do to pitiful ground forces

~The ship moved into position just 50 meteres from the floor, just a half klick from the base. The floor erupted into gouts of flame from the turbolasers hammering the ground and the enemy.~

"Sir, infantry seems to be trying to flank the ship."

"Pivot the ship 75 degrees, helmsman. Show them our engines."

~He almost grinned at his last statement. The intense heat generated from the main engines will obliterate everything~

"Sir, damage reports indicate that decks 45 and 46 have been stabilized. 20 are dead, and we have lost three turbolaser batteries."

~Another voice from the pit came up...~
    "Sir, it seems to be working. The enemy is being vaporized. The intense pressure the ship is having upon the ground is crushing everything! Fires are raging from the jungles, our underside is safe from further attack, and the scarheads are running."

"Keep it up, once we have Colonel Dratsum then we will be on our way."

TAG: KK

IC: Admiral Nev Dron

Bridge, Hybrid

~He had watched the Captain issue orders, he was doing exceptional work. Unlike most men in his position, he was worked under the belief that no man..no matter what position held...should interfere with the Captain of his own ship. So he stood in the back observing. He would only intervene if needed. Intervene. He almost laughed at the thought. The entire Empire under the authority of Grand Admiral Pelleaon the vong stood no chance. If he wanted he could inform the Grand Admiral, and an entire armada of ships and hundreds of thousands of troops would invade. But. But, tactics worked much better in these situations. Never show the enemy your hand, save your cards. He did grin at this thought, a slight upturn lip formed almost a lipless, sardonic expression. For a brief instant, amidst the red glow from the viewport...the Admiral's face appeared satanic.~

TAG: no one.

8. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    IC as A-404

Yuuzhan'tar surface, Imperial Base

• A-404 walks into the bunker and up to Colonel Dratsum; Says: "What is there left to do? If we're not out of danger yet, we should call for reinfocements.

TAG: Nev_Dron

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

9. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    OOC:

Nev: One little problem. Posting the destruction of another character's forces without their permission is called "god-moding"...please edit your post accordingly or void it. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

10. Nev_Dron

Nov 11, 2003
    ooc: since i really do not want to rewrite my last post, i'll just TAG you for damage assessments. ;)

11. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Bounty_Hunter_Boba Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2003
    OOC: Sorry I've been gone so long....
    And can I have a list of who's doing who in the New Republic?

So it begins......

A fleet of X-Wings flew through space, making their usual patrol. Not much had happened on the last few patrols, but this one was different-there was no sign of other spacecraft. A voice soundewd over the intercom. "This is Jexx. keep an eye out for enemy..."Static blocked out some of the transmission. "...No spacecraft around. We should've met with the other squadron by now. Maybe-" Jexx's X-Wing went up inflame and several ships came out of nowhere, and the X-Wings scattered. An X-Wing flipped around, and headed towards one of the smaller warships. Ker Heras tightly gripped his controls, and quickly analyzed these were Yuuzhan Vong warships. He shot at the cockpit, and veered over to one side. He then saw a large warship blast away most of his squadron.
    "Retreat! Retreat!" a voice was screaming over the intercom, and soon the retreat called was drowned by static. Ker Heras turned his fighter around, and jumped to lightspeed, heading back to the outpost to tell Wedge Antillse of the casualties.

TAG: Anyone

12. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    I have Luke, Kyle, Mara, and Cilghal as NPCs, though I can lend them out on occasion.

Rampani has Sien Sovv, but seems to have forgotten about him. Maybe you can talk to him about the current situation developing on Yuuzhan'tar. Other than that, we have no one from the Alliance.

13. Yalmak-Scur

Aug 24, 2003
    IC Valen Ssurd

The convoy entered the atmosphere and cleared a landing Zone with little effort. The 35 Freighters landed in a tight formation creating a defensive square around the Lost Travler. As soon as the ships touched down the crews immediately began unloading their equipment. First off the freighters were 3 giant construction droids which immediately started constructing a perimeter wall just outside the barrier of freighters.

Once the droids had started their construction Valen called all of the work crews together. Valen and his head of security Artimis Felspark addressed the gathered men and women.

Valen we are 3000 strong. That my friends is not a large number. We are in a hostile, foreign environment. This planet is in a state of almost constant turmoil. We are going to try to bring a little bit of the old order and beauty back to this world. We are going to start rebuilding this planet one duracrete slab at a time. But remember this the danger to us all is going to be constant. Allow no one into this compound with out my personal O.K. and by that you know what I mean. We are on a tight deadline and every one knows what they have to do. Be careful people and be quick the rest of the Galaxy is watching you. This settlement will bring a light of hope to the war torn people of this system and the rest of the galaxy.

With that said Valen stepped aside and Artimis addressed the group.

Artimis All right people you?ve already been broken up into your assigned work groups and you?ve had plenty of time to get to know each other so keep a sharp eye out and lets get to work.

The group dispersed and went about their assigned tasks like a well oiled machine. Valen watched with much anticipation and hope if this project of his was successful things would bode well for his associates in the future. Of course that was his secondary goal. Primarily he was hoping that this settlement would help usher in a new era of peace and prosperity in the galaxy.

14. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    OOC: Well, it's certainly been long enough since I've posted. I'm feeling much better now, so I guess it's time to give it a go. Nothing I do now will help my grade anyway. All I can do now is pray.

Yalmak, I'd rather like to see what Valen hopes to build there...or whether he's trying to find anything. That'll be most intriguing.

-----------------------------------------

Somewhere on Yuuzhan'tar (Specific, ain't it?) :p

Up ahead, al'Yammka seemed to be going somewhere important. I hoped it was leading to my answers...but as I looked even further, I saw the carnage that lay ahead. Vua screamed inside me, howling at the sight of his former brothers dying in a needless war, thanks to a betrayal by the same person who had done him in at Yag'Dhul. His pain affected me adversely as well--I had to severely restrain myself to keep from screaming. Yuuzhan'tar had turned into a battlefield yet again. Not since the Battle of the Final Cleansing had there been this much blood. All around me, death screamed out like a ravenous beast. It was just as Kyle had said...Nom Anor had turned on the Empire. The Galactic Alliance was apparently next. I hoped Luke and Mara were doing something about it, maybe sending a diplomat or something to try to convince them to stop--truth be told, I had no idea, nor did I know if a diplomat would get through even if one was sent. There were already traces of orbital engagements starting. I hoped the Cathedral of Winds wouldn't suffer the same horrible fate as the Ralroost had. On the surface, the Yuuzhan Vong were equipped with fire-breathers, and their warriors were armed with volcano cannons, while the Empire was firing back with turbolasers of the highest caliber. All around, I heard a deafening shriek pierce my eardrums as one of the fire-breathers breathed its last. I felt the rumble as it crashed to the ground, burning trees, flesh, air, seething through to the durasteel that lay under it. The smell of dead flesh, melted plasteel, and rotting corpses was almost unbearable. I kept my finger on my lightsaber's ignition stud, just in case any soldiers found me while I was trailing al'Yammka. They would be no problem. I wasn't worried about Yuuzhan Vong soldiers. I had dealt with enough of them. But I was no Luke Skywalker. I hoped Kyle's vaunted reinforcements got there soon.

I pushed a few branches out of the way as I climbed up into a tree. I leapt into another one from there, and from there grabbed a vine and swung into another one. I managed to avoid crying like a wild man as I swung from the vine. It was an interesting experience, to be sure. Everything in life was these days. I huddled close to the tree as I watched the former Supreme Overlord tear through the jungle with far less finesse than I was exercising. I was trying to avoid notice--he clearly wasn't. He had something on his mind.

I sensed the coralskippers flying overhead, trading their massive plasma missiles with the plasma energy-based turbolasers of a nearby Victory-class Star Destroyer and the much smaller cannons of its TIE fighters. It wasn't close enough for me to influence anything, though.

I just hoped the firefight didn't swing in my direction.

TAG: al'Yammka, Nev, KK

15. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    OOC: Not forgotten, just very lost. Anyone care to catch me up?

16. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: ramp glad to see your'e still alive ;) Well, to make it short, the Yuuzhan vong under KK's command are attacking a small Imp supply base. Nev and Mort are aiding the Imps in the attack. nothing is really going on with the GFFA (hint hint ;) ) but if you want a little more detailed account of whats going on...check out our thread in the EUC. Yalmak has been doing updates...if you get behind, it would be best to check there for updates. :) [face_devil]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Dread Lord al'Yammka

Jungle of Yuuzhan'tar

*The rumbling of a distant battle drifted away as the Dread Lord plunged heedlessly through the vegetation. Sending silent prayers to Yun-Yuuzhan for the glorious creation of the planet he hardly slowed. But this time, this time something caught his attention. Standing almos three meters, he never feared the creatures of the jungle. But what he heard did not cause fear either, in fact the Dread Lord feared nothing. No, this sound was different, deliberate,....following!

*He assumed it was one of the infidelwarriors, some that had stumbled over his obvious path. But that just did not make sense in his mind...no, something else is going on.... He pushed the thought away, he was not worrie he had bigger obstacles then this.*

*He came upon a towering Hiak'ta tree...perfect. He climbed...all the way to one of its massive limbs. A full 100 meters in the air now, the Dread Lord surveyed the scene.*

*Below, in the valley, less than two klicks away was a lambent crystal garden. Operated mainly by shamed ones! The meer presence of such blasphemous beasts brought his anger to its boiling point. He had dealth with shamed ones in the past, and never had he responded to them such as he was right now. No this was entirely about the heretic on the throne....*

At night....at night they will know the true glory of the gods and the rightful ruler of the Yuuzhan Vong.

TAG: no one...of course [face_devil]

17. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Thx, jhc. I was making this huge, long "summary" but you did it in short.

18. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ooc: ....anytime... [face_devil] ;)

19. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Oct 10, 2003
    Flying his fighter into the docking bay, Ker landed and got out as soon as the fighter landed. Ker walked up to a soldier. "Where is Admiral Sien Sovv? I have to report to him, so he knows what's going on."

TAG: Rampani

OOC: Sorry this post was so short. I had to think of something...

20. Yalmak-Scur

Aug 24, 2003
    IC Yalmak
    Yalmak awoke, head pounding and barely able to walk. He was in some sort of hallway. The walls, floor and ceiling were made of steel. He staggered toward the doors at the end of the hall. As he reached the double doors they slide open to reveal a gigantic amphitheater. He stumbled out into the center of the amphitheater and collapsed. As he staggered back to his feet a spot light from some where above him shone directly down on top of him. Yalmak squinted against the light and tried to take in his surroundings. The amphitheater was not empty Around him sat hundreds of beings all of whom were dressed in black hooded robes. From the central dais a voice emerged from inside the cowl of the hooded figure.

Hooded Figure What the hell are you supposed to be?

Yalmak was taken aback by the blatant show of disrespect. He straightened himself up and gathered his composure for his response.

Yalmak I am Yalmak-Scur Sith Lord.

Hooded Figure No what you are is presumptuous, arrogant, and weak. You assume that you are a Sith Lord because you have been told that you are; but Yalmak-Scur in fact you are as far from being a Sith Lord as you are from being human.

The anger in Yalmak began to rise he could feel the power of the darkside flowing strong through him. He gathered this power and unleashed its fury a the hooded man. Lightening screamed from Yalmak?s fingers and the Hood figure just laughed as he raised his hand and absorbed the full impact of Yalmak?s attack.

Hooded Figure So you know a few tricks do you. We are not impressed. None has ever stood before such an august assembly before Yalmak you should be honored and humble. You stand before those who have come before. Those who were truly Sith. Those who understood the true nature of the Darkside and what it really means to be a true Sith Lord. The only reason that you are here is because we have sensed the potential in you even from beyond the grave. You my arrogant friend could truly be a force in the universe. But, you unfortunately are on the verge of dying. As we speak your critically wounded body lies on the jungle floor atop a pile of dead men. While?.

Yalmak My body is here. I am here. How can I be here and still lying on the jungle floor. You make no sense to?.

Hooded Figure Silence fool! You truly do not understand the power of the Darkside. Your body is not here child, only your mind. We are not here physically, so of us have been dead for thousands of years.
    Close your mouth and you might actually survive this engagement. You are on the brink of death?s door. That is the only way we could have had this opportunity to speak to you. Now be silent or you will waste so much of our time that your body will perish and you will be stuck here with us for eternity. Around you are gathered the most powerful Sith Lords of all time. Each has advice for you. Each can help you become stronger and help you learn to over come the errors that ended our reigns. However you must be willing to accept this information without comment or interruption for we cannot stay like this for very long nor will we ever have this opportunity again. You are our greatest hope for returning the Sith to our former glory.

Yalmak listened intently as one by one the ancient Sith Lords came to him an administered their advice and lessons on things Sith. He learned of the greatest weakness of all Sith, overconfidence. When all the Sith Lords had finished with him the Hooded figure addressed him again.

Hooded Figure Take what you have learned here today, and return to your world as a Sith Lord. You have been given something no Sith Lord has ever had. The council of those who have come before. With the knowledge that has been imbued to you this day you should truly be a force to be reckoned with. That is of course if you don?t succumb to the growing maddness that is festering in your mind.

A sharp burning pain jerk Yalmak back to consciousness. As he rolled off of the pile of charred bodies he slide into a

21. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Admiral Sien Sovv

Orbital Shipyards Above Mon Calamari

"Sir, a fighter just landed in the docking bay and the pilot says that he must report to you."

Sovv's aide's voice sounded tinny through the intercom. Sovv depressed the reply button.

"It must be Ker Heras. Send him up immediatly."

TAG: Bounty_Hunter_Boba

22. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    I thought we were all at Yuuzhan'tar.

I guess you'll be getting there soon enough.

23. Bounty_Hunter_Boba

Oct 10, 2003
    Sovv's aide came up to Ker.
    " The Admiral wants to see you," the aide said, and then walked away.
    Ker walked out of the landing bay, up some stairs, into the office of
    Sien Sovv. Ker opened the door, and came in. "Hello, Admiral. My squadron has been detroyed, and I am the last one left. This is the work of the Yuuzhan Vong, I think we should do something. I also need a new squadron. Should I join up with another group?"

TAG: Rampani

24. Nev_Dron

Nov 11, 2003
    ooc: it sure is quiet on the jc today....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Colonel Dratsum

Imperial Supply Base

~He looked over at the towering, black assassin droid.~

"Reinforcements? I hardly think Captain Doryl has time to launch any backup in this engagement. If you got in here, then we can get out, I will at least die trying. Right men?"

~He glances towards A-404, and gives a slight salute to the droid.~

"I think it's time we left."

TAG: Mort

Current Infiltration Forces
    A-404
    10 Stormtroopers

Current Retrieval Party
    Colonel Dratsum
    5 Personnel

25. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Everyone's got shopping to do, or they're seeing ROTK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.