main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Yeah it was definitely Kol Skywalker and Nei Rin...at least, that's how I saw it. :confused:

And you are indeed right BD, that last issue was amazing, shame we have to wait to long for the next, at least here in the UK anyway, darn bank holiday! [face_plain]

And now for this little revelation...I was doing some writing for my RP board's wiki, when I found this amazing piece of awesomeness....Praise be to Yun-Harla, it's totally official new Nom Anor art! [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100304170120/starwars/images/0/05/PraetoriteVong.jpg]

2. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hmmm...yeah just ignore what I said earlier...apparently too much sparkbee.

And yeah...I noticed that pic last week!! I was doing some research on a Nom Anor costume and stumbled across it. I love it!! [face_devil]

3. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Ooh you planning on going to an event as Nom then? That wouldn't be too hard to do, pretty cool too. I take it your going for the dark disguise look? :D
    I'm still working steadily away at various costume projects myself, I need to update the costume blog and show you what i've done.

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Neat pic of Nom Anor. :) Where?s it from? I?m guessing it?s in a new card set.

Got Invasion #8 this past weekend, and was disappointed that Dulac got killed sooner than anticipated. It would?ve been cool he had gotten away and be another seemingly long-term villain like Tsalok. As before I?m finding the YV?s pov to be the most interesting part in this series, especially now with Tsalok and Nagme having their own thing going on. Tsame or Naglok? U-DECIDE. :D Despite the YV and their biotech getting some great visualization, I?m still not sure if I?m going to keep getting Invasion once this storyline is over.

Oh and in case I haven?t mentioned it already, Kaye Galfridian needs to die.

Also over the weekend when I got the latest Star Wars comics, including Legacy?s final issue (Heartstriker FTW), I bought me a lot of spare SW and D&D minis to mangle [face_devil]. I finally have the one I wanted to make into Tu-Scart?s little buddy, Sgauru, the Biter from Invasion #3. Just finished the beast up tonight.

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/Sgauru.jpg]

5. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    Well...tentatively gonna work on a costume...and yeah...the 'caped look'. I figure I have three years till CVI rolls around...I didn't see any other YV there at CV so...I'm gonna change that. Hopefully... ;)

Yeab bd those customs are pretty amazing. There's no way I can steady my hands to do that type of detail work. What type of paints do you get? I assume acrylic...but do you water them down at all? Any tips would be awesome man.

As for Invasion...I'm gonna stay with it till it ends...just so I can see more Yuuzhan Vong...I do agree that Kaye should definately die. She pisses me off.

Alright on another note...my new job has me sitting in a cube for 8 hours a day (nothing insane about that), it's a change from what I used to do... I have listened to VP and Traitor audiobooks already and that helps getting through the day and catching up on plotlines I may have forgotten. The question is...you guys know of where I could download some other njo books? I've looked around...and yeah they range from 12-28 bucks U.S. but I really don't have that kind of money to start throwing away at numerous audio books. ummm...yeah...cool. If y'all have some insider info...I'm all ears...scarred of course. [face_devil]

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    that is totally awesomesaucewithchocolatechipstopping :D
    it definitly should be thwacked to some avatar for around here ;)

7. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Amazing job on the creature mini's BD :D That one looks really effective, i'd be keen to know what paints you use too.

jhc: I have all the audio books for the series if you want to borrow them? They have gotten me through many a boring shift myself! Looking forward to seeing that costume, I plan to make the next celebration, so perhaps that YV thread meet can happen after all, if everyone can make it.

And I agree Mags, that would make a great new Nom Anor avatar :D

Not much news this end, cept to say I will be vanishing for a little while, it's that time of year again.

8. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Glad ye?s like my work. :) jhc, I?ve always used acrylic paints for the minis, and rarely waters them down. Plenty of light always helps and it never hurts to keep any pieces cut off, be it guns, blades, tentacles etc. I tends to find a use for them on other minis.

Blue, except from the ivory and white around Sgauru?s mouth, I used metallic paints on the critter. Specifically silver, bright red and pearl white. It looked kinda shiny in the comic, so I went with that.

BTW, I heard that the Senate here at the EUC is back and the Sith have taken over. Any idea on what role Yuuhzan?tar should play into it?

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *strides into the thread bereft of weapons and technology, out of courtesy*

*strokes an amphistaff that emerges from his robe sleeve*

My name is Darth Insipid, Dark Lord of the Sith, Twin Emperor of the EUC, Dark God of Reality...

The Yuuzhan Vong and the Sith would had cordial relations, I have no doubt, Darth Krayt and that whole framing-you-for-the-Ossus-Project phase...

*smiles softly, elongating the scars on his phase*

I'd love to appoint a Moff to rule your thread until you can elect a Senator and return to the Senate, my friends... might we be able to convince you to join? Expect to be sermonised by the Rebellion shortly. No choice, only impeachment, sadly.

10. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    blue yeah definately i'd love to borrow them. I've listened to VP and Traitor about three times a piece now. hahahaha...and it still saddens me when they blow up Helska 4...

*Scowls deeply upon the intrusion of the infidel*

I believe that that decision is BD's to make. And as for having a disgusting parasite appointed as a Moff over this thread...sure send him in. I have a perfect place for him.

*His gloriously scarred arm emerges from his living cloak pointing in the direction of the maw luur.*

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *levels a finger at the Yuuzhan Vong*

Fine, you can be Moff. Find a Senator for the thread. If you are elected both the Senator and are the Moff you can be entitled a Lord.

12. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    So once again, I miss out due to another double team by Yun-Real Life and Yun-Gamer (the latter can be one addictive SOB). So who here's the Moff and the Senatoir again? I'm confuzzled. Either way, I got a spy set up in the higher areas of the senate. [face_devil]

Anyhoo next week Invasion #9 is coming out? Should be a preview coming out soon.

Oh yeah, remember those custom figures someone was making of Commander Catfish and the Yuuzhan Hulk? Another pic of these works-in-progess can be seen on Facebook. Them plus the Luke from that era.

13. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Typical, I get sent to the Banuu Back-of-Beyond for ten cycles and it all starts happening! (Nothing to do with heresy I might add).
    What is all this Senatorial bhlor ichor? Was not YVR or G-Lah the senate representative for Yuuzhan'tar? jhc is already a 'Lord.' And this one has the audacity to suggest sending a Moff to preside over our thread?

*Her headdress coiling and flailing rhythmically with distaste and acute outrage.*

Before you send him to the maw luur, perhaps I could shape something useful out of him?

jhc: Do you still have the same email address? I'll send you some via that.

14. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    I think G-Lah was the senator.
    Maybe we should try a little conquering in the infidel's direction.

15. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Found out two things of note of Facebook today. The first is that Invasion: Rescues #4 is confirmed to be out this week.

Second: someone here is a year older. Happy Birthday, Blue. :D I made you a cake, but someone ate?d it. :(

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Humor/Voxcake.jpg]

That's the last time I use Ysalamiri as an ingredient.

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Yeah, you get invasion a whole day before me, alas!

And awww thanks BD! And uhh....he can keep the Ysalamiri! [face_batting]

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Senate has ironed out its Civil War problem, and so you're welcome to submit a Senator to the peace, now. [face_peace]

18. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Over already? Crap, and here I was hoping that the EUC groups would destroy each other, allowing Yuuzhan'tar to rule the place. [face_devil] So who's gonna be senator for these parts?

While Invasion: Rescues #4 is out. Here's a preview for those like me who're unable to get the book anytime soon. Now we know where the insufferable Kaye gets her meanstreak from. :rolleyes:

19. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    So I picked up my edition of Invasion today...wow, just, wow...and not in a good way. I can't say I was impressed with the little tale going on there about Finn and Kaye's parentage etc, though I suppose it's a nice embelishment for those who like the heroes, will we be seeing this reversed and get a Yuuzhan Vong tale of herritage and why someone has a mean streak...say, Tsalok for example? I highly doubt it. Scathing though this might seem, at least the tale did give some credence as to why Kaye seems to know a bit about battle strategy etc, I did like that, but it seems to come as an afterthought, perhaps a little late?
    Meanwhile at the super secret base, Tsalok is pressing the stinkin' Jeedai for answers, so he knows who Finn is now ehh? I look forward to seeing their showdown, undoubtedly they will have one, but perhaps not just yet? Who knows. It could work as an excelent cliff hanger to the end of this arc, we are over halfway through now right? Just two more issues to go? All in all, I preferred the last issue, but I am a bit biased like that ;)

And yet another massive thank you to BD for the golden Elegos I got in the mail the other day! =D= He's fantastic, the only thing that would have made me giggle my guts off more would have been if he'd come in an organic pod that needed a blood sample to open. My fiancee thinks we are all mad now [face_laugh] Thank you very much! [face_dancing]

20. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    Well...that uprising was brief...

yeah blue same email address. Still haven't read the current issue of Invasion...soo...yeah...heading to the beach today...so that's some news...i'll be there for the weekend...should be awesome. on a sidenote...any idea where kecen has been?

21. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Glad ye like the lil guy, Blue, and that it got to you in one piece. :) Unfortunately, Canada Post doesn't have organic envelopes. Probably frowned upon by both management and the impotent union.

So did this new issue show more with Tsalok and Nagme? Right now story-wise, it?s the only thing keeping me interested in the series.

The last I heard of kecen was from the second letter printed in Invasion, regarding the Yuuzhan Vongs? eyes being all white like an Arkanian.

Solicit for January?s issue of Invasion

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/SWInvasionRescues6.jpg]

STAR WARS: INVASION #6?RESCUES part 6 (of 6)
    Tom Taylor (W), Colin Wilson (A), Wes Dzioba (C), and Jo Chen (Cover)
    On sale Dec 15
    FC, 40 pages
    $2.99
    Miniseries

The rescues have all been attempted, and the rescuers?Finn Galfridian and his sister Kaye?have learned fateful lessons about the Yuuzhan Vong invaders.

But Finn has also learned a secret about his mother and received clues about the mystery surrounding him. Finn knows that someday he must go back to the fight to free his homeworld from the invaders, as well as return to Luke Skywalker?s Jedi Academy and complete his Jedi training. But first he has a mission that he must complete in order to complete himself?

22. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Nothing featuring Tsalok and Nagme's forbidden relationship thingy in this issue, that was keeping me going too, though watching the whole transformation and lesson on 'how villips work' was rather interesting to see, particularly since it was actually very like how I imagined them to work with a twist. :D

As for Kecen, I have seen her name pop up on Yahoo messenger a couple of times this week, so she's still around and about. She's becoming quite a regular in the Invasion and Legacy letter section though, go Kecen! [face_dancing]

And thinking of those letters, where is the promised female warrior in invasion hmm? I would also like to see some of the other castes represented in the up and coming arcs too, Priests and Intendants of the Yuuzhan Vong unite!

23. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Kecen had a letter printed in Legacy? When? What issue? While I gets the single issues, I only reads the stories and keeps them bagged and preserved.

I've heard talk about the villips being shown in Invasion at the Lit forum. Do they appear different from the ones Darth Maladi and Zenoc Quah had in Legacy? Though I'm not sure Maladi's was a villip. ;)

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs319.ash2/59963_472081776809_545236809_6693990_5228100_n.jpg]

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey guys, the EUC Senate wants your input!

We are trying to get together some logos from the various clubs and groups in the EUC to create a new banner....so if you guys can work something out for the banner we'd be really grateful!

Go here to check out the thread about it!

25. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008