Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Nom Anor will come out next year as a stand alone action figure, one of two eu characters that are coming out next year (the other is bastila). Coming out in wave 8 in the vintage collection. So...guess I'll be getting a couple of those. [face_devil]
  2. Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master

star 4
    Well that's just made my new year! :D :D :D I can't wait for this, did you manage to find out the release date?

Awesome on the deathtroopers bust, I saw that, looks pretty sweet!
  3. Black-Dog Jedi Knight

star 4
    So a Nom Anor action figure is coming out after all? Neat. Wonder if there be more from the EU besides him and Bastila.

No one here have Invasion - Rescues #6 yet? I made the order for it this past week and hope to get it during the next few days.

In the meantime, here's my first custom Yuuzhan Vong mini this year. It'll also be the last YV mini I'll make, until the next one. :p

Choka Skell of Star Wars: Legacy:
    [image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/chokaskell.jpg]
  4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10

Hey guys, the Expanded Universe Community is looking for a new Chancellor and Vice Chancellor, the following candidates have put their hands up for the jobs!

Evil_King_Wiggins running for Chancellor with Sinrebirth as his Vice Chancellor

or

Adalia Durron running for Chancellor with Albaholly as her Vice Chancellor.

Voting will begin on 23rd for one week. But right now, if you, the residents of the EUC wish to ask any candidate a question, by all means, now is the time! [link=http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/31471142/p2/?31]Go here and post a question to the candidates if you feel the need to ask anything!! [/link]

It's your EUC, be part of it!!!.
  5. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Elections...hmmm...who's our senator again?? bd??

Yeah here's the list of the EU characters that are coming later this year...all on the vintage cards backs I might add...which is pretty damn awesome...come a long way...a Yuuzhan Vong on a vintage card back. [face_devil]

Expanded Universe
    __ VC##: Aayla Secura
    __ VC##: Bastila Shan
    __ VC##: Cade Skywalker
    __ VC##: Captain Fordo
    __ VC##: Chuka-Trok
    __ VC##: Dash Rendar
    __ VC##: Guri (Evolutions)
    __ VC##: Mirith Sinn
    __ VC##: Nom Anor
    __ VC##: Princess Kneesaa

Some of those dudes I've never heard of before.

yeah I read Invasion #6. Not too bad..not a lot of Yuuzhan Vong though. You guys pick up Legacy: War yet? Still by far the best sw comic series.
  6. Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought our senator was G Lah or YVR?? I recently heard from our resident heretic at deviantart, but haven't seen him around here for a while.

That's quite the list, great news that it's going to be a vintage card back too! A long way indeed, but I think someone as prominent in the NJO as Nom Anor deserved it really. Fingers crossed that more Yuuzhan Vong make it into the action figure lines in the near future [face_praying] I would love to finally get a definitive image of Shimrra too. He could come in a two pack with Onimi! But if they started anywhere, it really should be with Nom Anor, so i'm stoked they didn't can the idea totally. [face_dancing]

Time for Nas Choka to break out the victory dance?
  7. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I think you're right...it was yvr and g_lah...I'm guessing school for those guys...maybe that's where they've run off to.

Yeah I remember you telling me Nom was getting his debut into the action figure line some time ago.

As for other characters... Tsavong would be great as well as Shimrra...but they(hasbro) has said they're scaling back the eu figs. So it may be some time before we see another gloriously scarred fig make into the lot. So buy up those Nom Anor's... [face_devil]
  8. Black-Dog Jedi Knight

star 4
    [image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Randoms/chokadance.gif]

Well finally got Invasion ? Rescues #6 today. I liked it more than the previous issue, and thankfully Kaye being an uppity bitch didn?t go past the previews. The bits I really enjoyed were the foretelling of certain novel events like the YV conquests of Yavin IV and Coruscant. Looks like Nagme also has a new look, I?m not complaining. :)

Got the first issue of Legacy - War today as well. Jan Duursema draws a wicked Plaeryin Bol. Took bad Darth Krayt never kept it.
  9. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm still baffled by the cancellation of that series. Besides Invasion and small 4 issue storylines the rest of star wars comics suck. Knight Errant? Please...

Duursema is by far one of the best sw comic artists out there.
  10. Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed! And it's rare you see a female artist get such praise, it's well deserved. I can't understand why Legacy was cancelled at all, I was speaking with the guys at the local comic shop and they said exactly the same, it was doing so well, why the sudden need to change?
    I suppose there is the argument that all good things should end on a high, but this is still baffling to me.

But what is this about a Plaeryin bol? Do you have a scan of it BD? :D
  11. Black-Dog Jedi Knight

star 4
    Here it is, or at least I think it is, among some other past images Wyyrlok used to attack Krayt?s mind.

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Randoms/legacybol.jpg]

So Knight Errant not that good? I?m waiting for the trade to come out to have a look at it.
  12. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the pic bd, I had forgotten about that.

Well, don't take my word for it really. I read the preview at CV and the first issue of its' release. I didn't care for it...but I'm biased to not really liking OR EU. (barring kotor of course). Yeah I might read it once it comes out in trade as well.

As for Legacy blue, yeah it seems everyone is baffled by their decision to cancel even some of the podcasts I listen to (sw action news and forcecast). who knows really...we'll see how it plays out.
  13. Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooh that actually looks familiar BD. Thanks for that :)

And indeed jhc, I was having a listen to the podcasts too, that along with the opinions I have seen on various sites, baffling really.
  14. Aspiration Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Awesome! Just saw the election thread. What happened? I thought they had scrapped the Senate.
  15. EUS_Update Jedi Knight

**Dusts off his old Minister of Internal Affairs vestments and walks in with a mild fanfare**

Hear ye, hear ye...

The Expanded Universe Senate is calling all Senators and Leaders of the EUC. It is now time to vote for the ones who will be assisting our Emperor GrandAdmiralJello and Modess s65horsey in running our Community through the New Senate. The manditory nomination and examination period has expired and the time for voting is at hand!

For your information the candidates are...

Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor with Sinrebirth as his Vice Chancellor

&

Adalia Durron for Chancellor with Albaholly as her Vice Chancellor.

Voting has begun and will last for one week. Please consult with the members of the group you represent before rendering your vote.

Thank you

And as always...

It's your EUC, be part of it!!!.
  16. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    alright...who we voting for? the first pair or the second? or abstain. I think we vote no one and just abstain.

and this is a just a sidenote that's not even Yuuzhan Vong (awesomeness) related...but who watched the clone wars 'nightsisters' trilogy? And what was your thoughts/opinions on that revelation at the end?
  17. Black-Dog Jedi Knight

star 4
    The whole EUC senate was brought back months ago. Something about an attempt Sith takeover followed by a rebel uprising. I think it once happened before in a movie or six.

The Savage Opress story was going ok for the most part expect for the third episode. For the vast majority of the time in shows/comics/books/etc, I absolutely hate resurrections. That was one of the main factors that drove me away from Marvel Comics for good. If the creative staff behind TCW is trying to get me to stop watching the series, their efforts are improving.

It?s this sort of thing, along with Legacy's cancellation and the existence of TFU II that has me believing that the quality of Star Wars is having its own dark times.

But as for something positive, Legacy - War #2 came out today. It won't be until mid-April that I'll be getting it, but I heard spoilers of an insane Darth Maladi being found in a Yuuzhan Vong ship. And she's modified Alpha Red into a deadlier strain called......Omega Red. I'm being serious about this, and it's not Russian this time.
  18. Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master

star 4
    That could be interesting BD, the Legacy thing. I haven't yet picked up a copy of the new series, is it anywhere near as good (or better) as the original arcs? My comic book shop is so useless at remembering to get in the titles I order that i'll probably end up getting it online in bulk.

As for the Clone Wars arc, that one concluded in the UK lastnight, (we are one episode behind the USA) and I am not a big one for resurrections either, expecially when it seems rather implausible like Maul. Lumiya I could handle, Nom Anor (I'm still hoping.) But Maul? Well there was that visionaries possibility back in 2005. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, also the way they made Asajj Ventress a nightsister by birth, ehhh, not so happy.
  19. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know how I feel about the maul resurrection. I side right now with being happy he's "alive". But It's a wait and see approach. Face it...if the Maker himself wants him back...there's little room for negotiations. And...who ever really dies in star wars any more?
  20. Aspiration Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I don't have any problem with Maul specifically being alive, but death is getting a bit too temporary.
  21. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Agreed. Now if they can just bring back nom anor. [face_devil]
  22. Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master

star 4
    Thirded! Speaking of the sneaky Executor himself, I come bearing gifts! Well, links [face_blush]

[link=http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7541/#details]Here[/link] Is the article concerning that wave of vintage carded figures that will feature Nom Anor...looks like we get him with removable armour too.

And not only that...

[link=http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181744_1637292968012_1107376036_31696812_1411185_n.jpg]Here[/link] Is the pic of that wave, including Nom Anor!!! [face_dancing] Not the best pic in the world, but this seems to have been reported today, I guess better ones will be filtering in over the course of the next few days. It appears he's wearing his NEGTC armour as opposed to the 'dark disguise' we saw the other figure prototype wearing for that comic book two pack. Perhaps this is one of the interchangable offers? Seems a far stretch but who knows? I was rather looking forward to seeing him as he was in Crimson.
  23. Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master

star 4
    UPDATE! [link=http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180766_1637330968962_1107376036_31696907_7304792_n.jpg]A closer look at Nom[/link]

Hmm...looks very different from the prototype I saw last year [face_thinking]
  24. jhc36 Jedi Master

star 4
    Beat me to it blue!! [face_devil] ;)

Yeah I was hoping for a more Crimson Empire version of Nom...but i'll settle for the skeletor style. Make's him seem a little more evil this way I think. Also...yeah I noticed the change of his original sculpt. So that has me wondering...will there be another Yuuzhan Vong figure??? I listened to the star wars action news podcast on toyfair yesterday...and the dude on there (arnie) was saying that the Nom Anor figure will be one of the toughest figures to find on the shelves and was by far the best looking (and he doesnt even really care for the EU per se).

On the rebelscum boards about the vintage Nom fig...another poster made the same observation about the sculpt change...thinking that there will most definately be another Yuuzhan Vong figure...especially since it was pretty drastically different. Here's another pic along with his cardback. He looks badass...and I'll have to have at least 3. [face_devil]

[link=http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2011/Hasbropresentation/image21.asp]nom anor cardback[/link]

[link=http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2011/Hasbropix/image30.asp]super close up[/link]
  25. Black-Dog Jedi Knight

star 4
    I find Legacy ? War to be just as good as defunct series, but some plots seems a bit rushed due to the unexpected cancellation before. I find Jan?s artwork in War to be more outstanding than usual, not sure why.

[link=http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/17-430?page=0]Preview to #3.[/link] Sure, there?s no Yuuzhan Vong in it, but damn it looks good. I loves me them AT-ATs.

The Nom Anor figure looks terrific. And while I love the art on the cardback, Nom?s eye(s) there makes it look like he?s wearing a mask. I wonder who drew that piece.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth