main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Whoa, I drove everyone away from here......again. :( It's a gift. :p

Copied and pasted from here in the Lit forum.

[image=http://www.njoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/revelations1.jpg]

Star Wars Invasion, ?Revelations?. Starting in issue #12, this new story arc sees the heroes of the Galfridian family step into their new roles as combatants in the middle of the biggest war the Star Wars galaxy has ever seen. Finn Galfridian has already lost his father and his homeworld to the Yuuzhan Vong, and now he offers himself for Force training by Master Dray-who just might be insane. Elsewhere, Finn?s mother and sister reach the Imperial outpost of Shramar, where refugees from their home planet hope to reunite with their family members. But a mystery turns dangerous and then threatens violent conflict between the New Republic and the Empire! Writer Tom Taylor and artist Colin Wilson continue their ongoing Invasion saga.

2. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hahahahaha nahh man...

dude that's pretty awesome. love the artwork this time around. pretty badd ass. [face_devil]

3. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    *slinks back in*

Scuse me, I was having a tfn nap! Great work BD :D And that preview looks badass, I can't wait for the new Invasion arc, seriously pumped about that now. More Tsavong Lah please??

Has anyone been able to pre-order the Nom Anor figure yet?

4. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    yeah it's been quiet in here for some time now. perhaps it'll pick up once Invasion starts releasing.

nope... no luck with Nom yet. bummer...

edit

welcome back [face_devil]

5. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    While it's been a bit of a while I posted here, I'm always lurking about. Wise man once said "Lurk before you leap.". Though I be spending more time on DeviantArt, mostly posting old custom minis I've shown here and on Facebook.

I'm willing to give Invasion another chance, especially now the Empire will be appearing. Would love it if Gilad Pellaeon shows up, love it even more if Kaye gets lost. Also would enjoy for Tsalok/Nagme's relationship to get explored more. :D

The EUC senate finally has that new banner up with the groups' insignias on it. Cool, the one for Yuuzhan'tar is up there too, though it seems to only show if you right-click on the far right and select the View Background option, which I have to do.

6. wari

wari Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    I wonder if we will ever get a definate timeline for 'Revelations'

7. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    I'm sure it will come out...if it hasn't already.

8. HighLadyFel

HighLadyFel Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 28, 2011
    WHY DO YOU LIKE HT YUUZHAN VONG?????!!!!!!!!

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    A timeline would be useful, I would expect it to show up in a newer edition of the comics companion and/or a more up to date encyclopedia. It would be nice to know, I have been trying to work out the exact timeline myself. There was a small note with Invasion #0 about it being 5 months before/after Vector Prime I believe. But from that point out, an insurmountable ammount of time has passed. When's the publish date for the newest arc? We must be pretty close now :confused:

And I still can't find that Nom Anor figure, curse you forbidden planet! (Which I like to name Zonama Sekot for the obvious reasons ;) )
    Might have better luck at US sites though, any of you people further out west been able to find it?

Step into my damutek and I will show you, infidel [face_devil]

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Why do people like the Sith? Because they are intriguing, powerful, and allow us to channel our darker sides into something. They allow us to see into the darker sides of ourselves, and frankly, you can't tell me you didn't read some of what the Yuuzhan Vong could do and go "oh that's cool".

The New Jedi Order wouldn't have ended up being one of the top 3 longest series of EU novels without people liking the Yuuzhan Vong on some level.

11. HighLadyFel

HighLadyFel Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 28, 2011
    ok so sith, and coolness. i get it now. sorry about that.

12. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

well, at least this infidel had the wherewithall to ask nicely and not with the slang. Come closer...perhaps you have a place here after all.

*Gives a slight nod to the High Master Shaper* [face_devil]

bb, haven't seen any Nom figures out this way either...but I'm thinking he doesnt come out till June for some reason. I think I'll have to have at least 3 though.

Ahhh! Yun Yuuzhan! otto Thanks for checking on your creation. [face_devil]

13. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    I likes the YV as they were a breath of fresh air from when most novels were just Rebel/New Republic vs. Empire. They probably be so again since it?s all Jedi vs. Sith these days. I also have a thing for villains, especially those that can rough up the good guys anytime and in a Hellish way. [face_devil]

That sounds kinda kinky.

Latest solict for Invasion:

[image=http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/solicits/darkhorse/201108/SWINVRVL-2-FC-FNL-copy.jpg]

STAR WARS: INVASION?REVELATIONS #2 (of 5)
    Tom Taylor (W), Colin Wilson (A), Wes Dzioba (C), and Chris Scalf (Cover)
    On sale Aug 10
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries
    Kaye and Nina Galfridian have been on the frontlines of the Yuuzhan Vong war, gathering refugees from their home planet, and others, along the way. Now, as they prepare to reunite the refugees with their families at a safe haven, an attack on their ship comes from a most unexpected quarter!

I really, really, really hope that cover holds true to what happens inside the issue. No, I don't like Kaye, why do you ask?

14. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

I'm guessing too much sparkbee honey for me when I did the mark ups...geez.

and yeah bd...i'm right there with you on that. Hope it holds true.

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I frequently lurk, I just saw Lady Fel's post and had to reply, seeing as I am the one that created the thread, may as well be the one to reply to such a question.

I'm glad to continually see something that I created almost 9 years ago is still active and frequently on the first page :) Kudos to all of you!

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006

So it does! And for once I didn't actually mean it to [face_laugh]

Ok I'm with the rest of you on the Kay thing, please oh please oh please let that cover mean what I hope it means [face_praying] I didn't mind her at first, but after the last arc she has done the opposite to growing on me. But here's to more Nagme/Tsalok! :D

I have been keeping an eye out for that new wave including Nom, by the sounds of things he's going to be difficult to get ahold of, so I'm taking serious consideration into raiding the Supreme One's, jhc's, stockpile [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

And boy are we glad you did, I remember when I was searching high and low for fellow Yuuzhan Vong fans to discuss all things Yuuzhie with, all I could find were hate groups :mad: then I stumbled upon this thread one afternoon [face_dancing]

Sudooku likes this.
  17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Just received Rescues today and read it all in one sitting. I have to say, Tsalok is one badass mofo.

And hey Blue. Long time no speak. [:D]

What happened to your Facebook account?

18. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Well look who came back from the dead! [:D] Long time no see crechebrother!

The Yuuzhan Hulk certainly is, I wasn't sure if I was going to like him initially, but come on, he's a warrior who can tear people in half with his bare, what's not to like? And he has a soft spot for shapers too...wonder if he'll be rethinking that choice after the events of Conquest? [face_thinking]

I deleted my facebook account, I was being harrassed and threatened in real life by a particularly nasty piece of work on there, my phone etc, so I just had enough. Asking facebook for help was like beating my head against a brick wall, messy, painful, but ultimately pointless. So in the end I made the decision to leave. I don't need people like that in my life. [face_not_talking]

19. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ahh with new posts brings reunions. Good times. [face_devil]

Well apparently the rapture is happening on may 21st. Not exactly sure when it begins...if that's may 21st in new zealand? or Europe? or here in the US/Canada(bd) So everyone dust off those doors to the bombshelters you made for Y2K. hahahahahah... ohh mann... [face_laugh]

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I deleted my facebook account, I was being harrassed and threatened in real life by a particularly nasty piece of work on there, my phone etc, so I just had enough.

Anybody you'd like me to come down and beat within an inch of their lives?

21. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    I don?t know much about the supposed rapture, only heard about it last night on Failbook. I?m more concerned about the possible Postal strike/lockout that could come after Victoria Day. With that happening, it?ll take even longer for me to get the final issues of Star Wars: Legacy ? War. Anyone else here reading the mini-series? Nei Rin?s entourage hasn?t appeared, but it?s probably for the best given the increasing bodycount, and that Nat Skywalker and T?ra Saa are now among the dead. I also heard that in L-W #5, Morlish Veed and Wolf Sazen got killed as well.

Sudooku likes this.
  22. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Rapture? Sorry, I am somewhat in the dark with everything that's been going on while I was away :( Y2K? lol, that can't be good!

The release date for the new Invasion arc should be coming up soonish :D though I am considering giving my subscription at forbidden planet a miss since every time I go there they mysteriously lose my copy :mad:

He's actually closer to you than me now, but nay, I have made it known that if he tries to contact me again I will be handing over to the law and getting a restraining order. Attempted blackmail and threats from someone who claimed to be my best friend? Not having that. Good riddance I say!

And BD...how is the Legacy War mini series? Are there any TPB's out yet, I would rather get them all in one fell swoop :D

23. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    No TPB yet, the mini-series will be finished next week. I only got the first 4 issues, but it's great stuff. After all, it's got John'n'Jan going for it. :) So far for me, the two most outstanding scenes are Cade healing and forgiving Morrigan and Krayt's new Sith troopers attacking and destroying the hidden Jedi temple, thus leading to Nat Skywalker/Bantha Rawk getting killed. Also neat when Kol's Force Ghost appeared to Morrigan, bet Nei Rin wish for that to happen for herself.

I'm guessing that the Legacy - War will be in TPB format by Fall at the earliest. That'll then be three reasons for that season to hurry getting here, the other two being Batman: Arkham City and the Darth Nihilus mini-bust. :D

24. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Saw this a week ago in the Lit forum. Looks like another cover for Invasion - Revelations.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/awkward_talk_with_mom.jpg]

Unfortunate that the little snot still lives, but maybe the shock of see her stepmom like this will have a positive effect. [face_devil]

I don't think I showed this mini before already. While she's not a Yuuzhan Vong, one could say she's their favorite collaborator.

Viqi Shesh

Sudooku likes this.
  25. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    :eek: I love that cover, that's another one to add to the list of fully rendered female Yuuzhan Vong :D Jo is doing a fantastic job with these covers, though I, too am disappointed to see Kaye survives [face_frustrated] Maybe her step mum is saving her up for sacrifice? [face_praying] No? *le sigh*

Awesome job on the mini BD as I said on DA :D would be cool to see her show up at some point in Invasion too