main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    wow. [face_devil] spectacular cover art. i would say that would even rival some of the legacy stuff.

2. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Yep, Chris Scalf draws some damn fine covers. :D

Now there's a solicit to go with that cover:

STAR WARS: INVASION?REVELATIONS #3 (of 5)
    Tom Taylor (W), Colin Wilson (A), Wes Dzioba (C), and Chris Scalf (Cover)

On sale Sept 14
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries

The Yuuzhan Vong invaders are everywhere!

Queen Nina of Artorias and her stepdaughter Kaye discover that the haven meant for the refugees in their care is actually a work camp run by the Empire?for the benefit of the invaders! But worse than that, Kaye learns a horrifying secret about her adoptive mother?and herself!

? Like mother, like daughter?!

? Set within the time frame of the New Jedi Order novels from Del Rey!

3. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    yeah i'm eager for some more yuuzhan vong. seems like it's been forever since the latest issue...

4. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Got a question that maybe someone in here can answer.

Can a Yuuzhan Vong breed with a human, or any near-human or humanoid species??

Has there been any characters that have shown up in the EU who are half-Yuuzhan Vong/half-human.

5. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    So far, there hasn't been a YV/human hybrid in any story. As much as I like to see one, which I do(Kol Skywalker/Nei Rin), I have doubts about the two races being compatible. Mainly due to the fact that humans have kidneys, while Yuuzhan Vong don't.

6. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    The Yuuzhan Vong don't have kidneys but they do generally share the same physiology as humans do they not??

Speaking of which, are the Yuuzhan Vong classified as humanoid or near-human species?? Some Yuuzhan Vong women kind of look like they're on the near-human side and can be found attractive to human men.

7. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    [image=http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q42/D-Murda007/NenYim.jpg]

I'd hit that.

Evil.

8. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    AFAIK, the YV are humanoid.

You sure? Vua Rapuung did, and look what happened to him. :p

Preview to Revelations #1.
    The Chazrach are back! :D And now we have Rakamats, I think.

Visuals aids are fun.

9. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Pardon ze double post but..

STAR WARS: INVASION?REVELATIONS #4 (of 5)

Tom Taylor (W), Colin Wilson (A), Wes Dzioba (C), and Chris Scalf (Cover)

On sale Oct 12
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.50
    Miniseries

[image=http://i.newsarama.com/images/SWInvasionRevelations4.jpg]

Queen Nina and Princess Kaye?s attack on the Yuuzhan Vong collaborators on Shramar has brought Warmaster Tsavong Lah and his armada to the scene.

But the New Republic has some special forces in reserve: namely, every free ship in the sector! It?s a space battle of epic proportions as pirate ships, freighters, and Imperial vessels join the New Republic?s fleet against the invaders from another galaxy!

:D[face_dancing]

10. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006

<---- This! [face_love][face_love][face_dancing][face_love][face_love] Ahem.

Now back to me being my usual grim self, has anyone read the newest issue of Invasion yet? Any interesting starts to these revelations? I have decided to give up on forbidden planet and sacrifice their staff to Yun-Harla, since they confuse me constantly with someone who has the same domain name as me, hurumph! [face_not_talking]

So that Nom Anor figure was supposed to hit the shelves around this time. Has anyone seen it?

11. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    =D=

blue, yeah I think that the EU wave has been delayed. So probably in a month or two it'll be released here in the States. The word is though, that it'll be a small wave at that...which means your best bet is to buy him online...and Nom Anor is rumored to be the chase figure... Brian's Toys is where I buy if I'm unable to get them in the store.

Still waiting on Invasion... completely forgot to pick it up the other day...and I'm flying out to Comic-Con tomorrow...so it'll be at least two weeks till I can get over there...

12. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    I also had issues getting hold of the last invasion, I decided it would be better to ebay for it with free postage direct from the UK suppliers outlet, they've only gone and ripped me off :mad: time to slay some infidels I think.

The word I got on Nom Anor, was that the figure (or possibly part of the wave) has been pushed back until 2012...*le sigh* they keep doing this. I also had bad karma with Brians Toys, might give them another go though. So...who's for a Nei Rin figure? ;)

13. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Given the scarcity of YV figures, I serious doubt a Nei Rin in the future. :( I'm now surprised they even bothered with the one paired with Kyle Katarn. Speaking of Nei Rin, I've been thinking about doing over that mini I did of her. Though my custom Nei is based from the LECG, it's been annoying me how it doesn't even look like the comic book version. Might try to turn her into comic Nei Rin, despite the possibility that I'll cut her apart so much, she may be irrecoverable.

Speaking of minis, they seem to be coming back. :D http://starwars.com/games/othergames/fantasyflight_starwars/index.html

14. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    Yeah, I too heard Nom was getting pushed back even further...

Yeah bd, i saw that as well about the minis. We'll see how it goes...hopefully they will continue with the same format for the miniatures line.

15. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Well I am all caught up on Invasion - the first issue was delayed and superceded by the second in the UK for some reason 8-} so I wanted to wait and read them both together. I have mixed feelings.
    Firstly, I am still immensely pleased that they have chosen to go back to this era and write new stories within it, the plots have definitely held my interest, Kaye is still something of an conundrum to me though: What's with the whole 'She Hulk' thing? Are both siblings actually Yuuzhan Vong wearing ooglith masquers too?? o_O Some kind of Yuuzhan Vong implants perhaps, there was that guy in one of the ebooks who had a villip implanted inside his head...hmm? The first I think is highly unlikely, but I thought that of Nina too. I really do dislike her character, her high and mighty know-it-all attitude just gets right up my nose cavity :mad:

However, it appears that Tsavong Lah will be featuring more in issues to come, :D:D:D For this fact alone I would have kept reading, though I am interested in seeing what happens to Finn too.

16. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Yuuzhan Vong animation alert! One of my watchers over at DeviantArt has just created this. He also does some 3D work, I have to say this is pretty dang awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpz1TB4Y2Og

17. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Given what I heard about Kaye Sue Galfridian in the latest issue and what she did to some stormtroopers, I?ve decided to drop Invasion. I really enjoyed seeing the Chazrach plus the various YV biotech, and would?ve looked forward to seeing Tsavong show up, but, for me, it?s not worth having to tolerate the most vile little brat in the history of Star Wars. Maybe if she?s written out of the series, preferably in a bodybag (or refrigerator :p), then I?ll resume reading it.

That animated bit with Rosh Penin vs. a Yuuzhan Vong looks cool. :D. The art bears some resemblance to the Clone Wars micro-series. Any word on the full show appearing?

EDIT: BTW, who else here read FotJ: Ascension yet? It's a possibility that Riina Kwaad could be the first Imperial Knight. :D

18. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    sorry to see you dropping Invasion. I actually have enjoyed the last two issues and think it's on the upward swing. I've also gotten used to the art...it's taken like 10 books to do that..but i'm starting to enjoy it.

awesome little animation blue looks pretty cool!

19. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
  20. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    wow both look cool...but I loved what you did with the praetorite/luke. wasn't that on the cover of star by star...the japanese rendition? i can't remember.

21. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks very much. :) The YV Luke was based on the Japanese cover of Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand. Them human-looking YV got plenty of uses.

22. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    ahh yeah... i knew it was one of those fantastic cover art novels from japan.

23. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    quiet in here...

24. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Yep, it be quiet now. Though while not as frequented as before, we're still out there. [face_devil]

So did Tsavong show up in the recent issue of Invasion? He's supposed to appear some time.

25. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    just picked it up yesterday. Chris Scalf has been doing an amazing job for the cover art for the Yuuzhan Vong (legacy) and I especially love this one. Yeah bad a** tsavong lah does make a few pages in this issue...I won't spoil it for blue, but you should pick this series back up. i've gotten more accepting of the galfridians, and the mom is pretty awesome. I'm hoping for an arc about how her backstory.

finally chugging along with fotj. half way through conviction. not too bad. is it just me or do the jeedai appear more and more arogant in this series?? (not luke of course). and saba...i can't stand that character...