main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, but that is ecology. That can be shown as just the forces of nature duking it out ;)

2. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I know the few of us loyal Yuuzhan Vong lovers would be ecstatic to just hear a mention of the Yuuzhan Vong in the upcoming films.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Mention? No no, I would be ecstatic if even a reformed one was a background character :D

4. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

That's heresy. You mean shamed one right? ;) [face_devil]

5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh my [face_nail_biting] Quite right, even a shamed one in the background. [face_beatup]

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If they were to show Coruscant as patchy- partially Vongformed and partially built up- that would be a good starting point.

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Disney may consider them 'just too scary' which would not surprise me.... :(

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The Yuuzhan Vong sure are interesting, I just hope that the ST doesn't completely ignore them like Del Rey did in the post-NJO.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, many questions and head scratching that caused from me.

10. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high. I know it would be a long shot to have them in the movies, but I know it's completely plausible that a reference or two...or even a scene could make it into the next trilogy. So...eager anticipation and i eat up any new spoilers.

11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    One is in Mercy Kill....

12. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    pfft...some shamed half breed version that should be improperly disposed of.

(but honestly...I do enjoy finally seeing a Yuuzhan Vong in a novel...blasphemous or not...) [face_devil]

13. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    No, he's full-blood - just like Worf from TNG Trek.

14. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    When I refer to the post-NJO, I am actually referring to DNT, LotF, and FotJ, not the side stories like Mercy Kill. Mercy Kill and Legacy are the exception to rule when it comes to the Yuuzhan Vong outside of the NJO.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    A sad state of affairs to be sure, as even Ewoks have gotten more book time from references, movies, and whatnot then the Yuuzhan Vong.

16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Instead of the recovery from the Yuuzhan Vong War, the best thing they could come up with was Darth Vader II and generally acting like the Yuuzhan Vong War ever happened.

17. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    Hi guys, glad I've finally found people who support the Yuuzhan Vong.

jhc36 likes this.
  18. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    *back hands the newcomer*

*tatters lips spilt wider and bleed a little as he smiles at the newcomer*

Welcome! [face_devil]

19. darthjulian777

Nov 28, 2008
    Thanks :) I just unsuccessfully attempted to make an entire forum for us Yuuzhan Vong fans because I was unaware of this thread. So, what's the topic of discussion today?

20. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    *Slips off her cloak of Nuun* DELURK and Do-ro'ik Vong Pratte everyone, I recently finished some new Yuuzhan Vong art and just thought I would check in with my old time favorite haunt. Seems things have picked up here. :D A nod to the Yuuzhan Vong in the new movies is what I had been hoping for, not sure which direction they are willing to take on the up and coming films though. We all lived in hope for there to be a comic book series on them, and look what happened! I'm trying to throw my cynicism into the maw luur here ;)

Hope everyone is well and if that's the case, embracing the pain as usual. [face_devil]

Robimus likes this.
  21. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

[face_devil] Welcome back blue. Just laying down the law of the gods to the recent influx of newcomers.

I did notice you were working on a new Yuuzhan Vong art on your site. Looks amazing as always. And cynicism aside, i'll take the realist response to the Yuuzhan Vong in the future movies. Expect the worst, hope for the best. This way...it'll at least stave off my disappointment.

22. darthjulian777

Nov 28, 2008
    Ooh blue, what's your website, I'd love to see your artwork.

23. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    So I see, Supreme one ;) So I see. Hey, do I still retain the rank of High Master Shaper, or have I been replaced? XD I have been spending a lot of time on SWTOR lately, with other Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld reg Black-Dog. I mentioned I had dropped by to see if there was any movement here.

Realism is a good way to look at anything, even just a hint at their existence would make me happy at this point. Invasion went down quite well, so why not? That's my two razorbugs worth though ;)

And hello there Darthjulian777! Nice to see a new face around here :D You can find most of my Yuuzhan Vong work at my DeviantArt page here ---> www.blue-but-beautiful.deviantart.com
    It's got the majority of the old stuff, the new stuff, and even a little bit of the first few things I did *cringe* I refer to those as 'heretical shapings' for the obvious reasons XD

24. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    look at the animation that i made years ago, featuring a Yuuzhan Vong

25. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    What happened to Nas Choka after the Battle of Coruscant?
    At the end of the war, he had a larger role to play.
    I always thought authors would let him make an appearance in future novels, but they did not.

Mitth_Fisto and Force Smuggler like this.