main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    17 years since Vector Prime was released. What's everyone's favorite memory of the Yuuzhan Vong?

2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Mine is that they crossed over from the Star Trek universe! Come on guys let's face facts. The Yuuzhan Vong was the most un-Star Warsie thing ever.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Bio-ships weren't really much of a thing in Star Trek either. I'd say a better candidate for the Vong "crossing over from" would be things like Starcraft's Zerg and 40K's Tyranids - and, being humanoid and not a hive intelligence, the Vong are quite significantly different even from those.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    In your opinion perhaps, but not in my eyes or other people's opinions here.

They fit in SW just perfectly well.

5. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    They were a gross overreaction of the alien invasion trope. Something SW didn't need.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    No, what Star Wars didn't need was the nuEmpire and nuRebellion, because while Star Wars may be cyclical, there is a massive difference between cyclical and rehashing the same thing over and over again. This is why the Yuuzhan Vong War as depicted in the NJO is the ST to me, because it was something new and different but still addressed many of the same themes as the Saga.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Anyways, what was everyone's favorite part of Vector Prime? The mind-meld, Chewie's death, Han's monologue at the end, Nom Anor etc.

I wish that we had seen an Unknown Regions threat first and the Vong after that.
    The Vong would be teased during the threat and be seen as the ones who forced the UR threat into the open Galaxy.
    Maybe a crashed ship here, a crashed ship there, their other technology, weapons and army seen elsewhere, and then for the final battle against the UR threat, they are revealed fully.

Then again, I like it as is. So whatever.

If the trilogies are just going to be a new generation Galactic Empire like group with a Dark Sider in charge wiping out the Jedi, leaving one or two survivors to train a new Hope who joins the remnants of the former Galactic government who made a Rebel Alliance to overthrow the new Empire of the day and repeat this for trilogies on end, I'm bowing out.

Progress the story!
    Show the good guys in power, trying to unify more of the galaxy! Do something that will ultimately unify the Jedi and Dark siders as well.

8. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    This is the Yuuzhan Vong fan club-and your being unconstructive-The Vong fit in well and anyone who disagrees either has an axe to grind or is simply to narrow minded to see reason

9. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Let's say Robots from the future arrived to execute Saline in the Underworld franchise. A franchise that is about superhuman mythical creatures. That's how I feel about the Yuuzhan Vong. They feel out of place.

I didn't notice that this was a fanclub so this is most likely my last post.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If I remember right so was there a vong lord that had a music group following him, maybe praising him with their music. What was the name of that vong lord or am I completely of road?
    What do you mean with "ultimately unify the Jedi and Dark siders as well"?

Also, to be a nit-picker, the dark side is spelled with a small 'd'. :-B

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to say that I remember this, but could be wrong. Needs to happen regardless.

The ultimate end of SW should be the Jedi and Dark Siders (referring to the Sith/Knights of Ren/and whatever else) coming together whether to fight some new foe (Abeloth perhaps? or for some other reason. Not the death of all dark-siders but working together to create a council of Force-users. IMO.

Or Anakin Skywalker and Palpatine being re-incarnated or something and waging one last battle.

But I prefer the former.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The problem I have with that is that most dark siders are, well, evil or at least have some real slippery sloop problems and that is not the kind of people I want the Jedi to work with. And they Jedi should not want to, especially since the other guys are not trustworthy. Now if there is a redemption story for the dark siders then I am all for it.

Also, to continue to be a nit-picker, the dark side is spelled with a small 'd' and a small 's'. :-B :p

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It would take decades, if not centuries for it to happen but if given a great enough threat, they will work together.
    Even if it was Dar Siders who would go further with the Force but weren't like Palpatine and the rest.

If I was spelling dark side and not Dark Siders. Completely different in my book.

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah the conclusion of the Jedi/Sith dance-would be an epic storyline if handled right.

Does anyone wish they explored the far future?-500 ABY, 1000 ABY, 10,000 ABY?

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Heck yes. I want someone of Yoda's species to go dark and rule the galaxy for centuries at some point. Something like Leto II in God Emperor of Dune.
    Or see a reverse of the KOTOR comics. Sith Lords kill their apprentices because they fear that one will go to the light.
    The Hutts return to power. OR the Hapans, Chiss, or another Unknown Regions species take over the galaxy.
    Balkanize the galaxy. Screw Galactic spanning governments.
    Force plague.
    Go Foundation on the galaxy.

Or a Jedi/Sith Council of Force users.

Or something like the Four Horse-men of the Apocalypse.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The apocalypse of Star Wars like the Dagor Dagorath, Armageddon, Raknorok-me like

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    And then we can start over and get heroes not named Skywalker, and new things entirely.

Think Shannara by Terry Brooks.

Fairies, Elves and other magical creatures, then Man evolves and takes over, magic dies out, nuclear holocaust, 1000 years of barbarism, Elves come out of hiding, humans, trolls, gnomes, etc. Magic is again prominent for a time. Technology starts making a comeback and is fused with magic at times.
    Alternate dimension housing a threat from long ago. Or too much Abeloth?

Maybe the end of the galaxy awakens the Celestials,

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Or maybe the celestials come back-and carry everyone with them to a higher plane of existence

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Chronicles of Narnia. I like it.
    Seeing everyone from DOTJ to the movies, to the NJO series, to the Legacy comics and beyond having adventures together for the rest of time, would be amazing.

SW needs its own thing though, imo.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah maybe of a kwa gateway with a celestial standing at it-leading everyone through the door

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Damn. Need to make it into a fan-fic.

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Year 100,000 ABY

"He glowing being moved his hand with a stunning simplicity and grace as everyone marched towards the gate on the other side she could only seeing glowing light-brighter than all the stars combined. The being tilted his head towards the massive crowd-well over 500 quadrillion beings. "Your time here is coming to an end, you have only begun to see to a glimmer of your own transcendence."

A Sith Lord and Jedi knight stood near the front of the crowd Jalon Evershaker and Darth Invidious looked astonished-though it she wasn't sure if it was from being together as they marched along or the gate.

The celestial glanced at them both and through them Jedi, Sith, and all the others who could touch the transcendent-"you only know but a taste, you have only seen a glimmer as though you are lost in a cave." The Jedi and sith and all the rest had expressions ranging from confusion to dismay. At these the celestial smiled

Eventually everyone lined up and begun to make the final steps-the celestial beckoned come come there is so much more than the mortal plane. As beings great and small, of every conceivable species marched through the gate I could see something on the other side-what I did not know though I knew it was better than here.

Over a span of hours or minutes or centuries everyone passed through-"I walked through astounded and after that everything made sense-the millennia of history in this Galaxy had just been a preparation, a stepping stone, like children playing and growing, more than 500,000 years we had toyed but not yet understood. The celestial smiled-with that I knew the celestials had created not just this Galaxy but every Galaxy, the universe was their artifact-as I passed through I could see time, space, thought, emotion, life-all things comingled as sand on a beach.

With that came the passing of the GFFA-and the ascendance of its inhabitants to...something immeasurably better

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You mean like a duel between the last jedi and his fallen father on-board a gigantic weapons platform that could explode any time while the greatest Sith lord goad them on?
    Fun fact, I have just reread the Sword of Shannara

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yes but incorporating all legends material in a grand finale

25. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I am unsure of how I feel towards the Vong, I hated it that they killed Chewie and Anakin. On the other hand, they have a unique culture and history and I liked reading about. I still think Ziva David (from NCIS) was part Vong for some reason.