main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Because having species be biologically resistant to the force is a brilliant way to show that the force is indeed at root based in nature and while the ysalamiri are connected to it they can resist force detection or influence as a evolutionary defense mechanism, which Thrawn used to avoid personal confrontation. Brilliant on Zahn's part.

2. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Zahn really did do a great many amazing things for the EU. Thrawn is an awesome character, but Disney really screwed him up. I don't watch Rebels, but I saw season 3 trailer and I knew that they would screw him up. I just knew.

I heard Zahn's writing a Disney canon book about Thrawn. I have a feeling that it won't be nearly as good as the trilogy,though.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
  4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
  5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    May I join in? [face_batting]

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Indeed all honorary children of Yun-Yuuzhan are welcome here.

7. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Let's get this thread goin' again!

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So to try to generate some interest in the thread-if you were say Tsavong Lah or Choka how would you have prosecuted the war against the GFFA? What strategies would you use?

Anedon likes this.
  9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I would have focused some of my efforts in destoying the Jedi, probably using the Voxyn. With the Sky/Solos being the prime targets. So if I would capture Jacen I would kill him instead of trying to fullfill a propehcy.

I think the main problem of the Vong was often their arrogance and pride so I would try to avoid that. I would probably advance slower and try to preserve most of my fighting force instead if rushing to the core. And I would try to use diplomacy to get some factions on my side or at least neutral for the time being. The Jedi have several enemies in the galaxy and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

As I mentioned I wouldn't run my forces dead in search of certain enemies but instead conquer the galaxy sector by sector and secure the conquered territory to avoid counterattacks. The voxyn can deal with the Jedi while my armies advance more slowly. At the same time I would use agents to weaken the NR and throw them in disarray. And I wouldn't ignore the minor factions of the galaxy, in fact Hapes would be a priority target as it provides a safe heaven for the Jedi.

So yeah I would advance slowly and establish my control over the conquered systems, enslaving or erradicating their locals hoping to provoke the Jedi into attacking. In the meantime I would swarm the galaxy with Voxyn, agents and infiltratirs to weaken the enemy. My soldiers would be ordered to kill Jedi on the spot instead of trying to take them captive.
    And of course I wouldn't agree to any duels against Jedi.

10. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I would have waited a bit more and would have sent more agent provocateurs like Nom Anor. Probably would have tried to help Corellia and other systems like Adumar on their independence path - the best result would be the Second Civil War. Probably would have tried to get rid of Pallaelon in the Remnant and put a hardliner who is against the treaty with the New Republic. Would have supported the current government on Coruscant. Also would start some minor fires around the Outer Rim. To sum up - would cause too many troubles for the New Republic to deal with effectively.

When we invade would prioritise military and industrial targets over symbolic ones (like Coruscant).

Would take more animals for vongforming - imagine a Rancor spitting acid or plasma :D

Will try to marginalise the Jedi, but still hunt them down wherever possible.

11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I agree more agitators and agents like Nom Anor would have great.

Many of your other ideas are wonderful as well.

TheAdmiral likes this.
  12. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    There might already be a thread for this, but I'm going to ask it anyway:

What if the GA won the war, but Nom Anor survived and wished to take revenge on the GA?

13. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Why should he?
    Anor is an opportunist who cares nothing about his people and their cause.
    I think had he survived he would have gone into hidng.

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Or somehow ended up as chief of state? The man was an atheist and as Anedon said oppurtunist-so much so it was quite fitting he admit he shared more with Onimi than anybody else.

15. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I don't think he would have ended up as Chief of State- the Jedi would have seen through him.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That was a fan running gag-they never found his body and there was until at least FOTJ a joke/gag/hope that he would come back and somehow become Chief of State.

And the Jedi didn't see through Daala of all people.

17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I think Luke saw through Daala.
    He just hated Jacen more and so he agreed to that alliance.

18. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Unless *gasp* Luke is Nom Anor in disguise!

19. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I meant that they would not sense Nommie in the Force, which would lead them to investigate him, and so on.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So do any of you kind of get an a paradise lost vibe with the Vong because of their violence and brutality they lose their connection the force(God) and their homeworld(Eden) and at the end of the war they get a new homeworld(with the implicit hope their connection to the force may be regained).

You could argue the whole NJO is really the Vong redemption story. Anyone agree?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Feels very Star-Warsy to me imo.

If only they could have shown the Yuuzhan Vong gaining the Force again.

22. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    If Bevel Lemelisk, Umak Leth, Darth Maladi, and Vul Isen were alive, how do you think the war would have gone differently, if at all?

23. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    If Bevel Lemelisk, Umak Leth, Darth Maladi, and Vul Isen were alive, how do you think the war would have gone differently, if at all?

24. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    No! Another triple post. Sorry, it's a glitch.

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

During the Vong War-Lemelisk would probably try to design some superweapon that wouldn't enter service until after the war, Maladi would sell her services to whoever was most vulnerable and corruptible and Vul Isen would probably work on the alpha red program. I don't know about Umak Leth.