main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Yuuzhan'tar: The Yuuzhan Vong Homeworld

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Otto_den_Ktulu, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Ha, that's great!

Actaully Tam, my post was supposed to come in right after Inari's post. I was thinking of a piercing in a certain area......

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tam: [face_laugh]

You and Inari are naturals at comedy... :D

3. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    we should join the senate or the empire.

4. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Senate, IMHO. The EUE is honor-less...

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Dark Jedi Tam : In the beginning of Page 2, you said something about Seef having a crush on Tsavong Lah because she "liked it when he used her first name" or something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that Viqi who liked it when Tsavong Lah used her first name - a.k.a., it made her feel "intimate"?

I don't know if this has already been corrected (assuming that you *did* make a mistake instead of I), but I just wanted to put it out here before I forgot.

Aunecah_Skywalker

Sudooku likes this.
  6. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Aunecah_Skywalker You could be right, though I could have sworn it was Seef. I don't own SbS nor have I read it, I just glanced through it briefly waiting for my sister to finish her store browsing. I'm still being cheap and waiting for the paperback to come out. :p

The reason I think Seef is because she and Lah had that fling, so it seem more appropriate. Anyone have the book to back this up?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tam: It was Viqi. She thought it was more intimate.

But later it goes to Lah's POV, and he narrates that using one's first name is an act of minimalizing them... an insult, basically.

No one likes Viqi.

8. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Dark Jedi Tam : Why I thought it was Viqi Shesh is because Tsavong Lah says something about using only Viqi Shesh's first name being an insult to her - something that the imbecile didn't realize. In the very next POV - which is Viqi's, of course - she says something about liking how Tsavong Lah used only her first name.

::Shrugs.:: Could be that I read it wrong. I wasn't doing your kind of fast-browsing, but I was skimming the book, nevertheless. I've tried many times to actually read the whole book, like every single word, but, as of now, only managed to get to halfway.

Aunecah_Skywalker

9. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Ahh ok! Thanks for clarifying! Though that's kind of a nasty thought...

Viqi thinking "intimate" and associating it to Lah... blah *wipes any nasty image from her head*

*thinks of about Hul Rapuung instead*

Yes! Far more pleasant! :D

I just with October would hurry itself up already! :mad: I want to buy both SbS AND the LOTR 4 disc DVD package! Gah! One month more!

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I would think that we don't really need to have a representative to any of the EU governments. Free will if you please. I know that I'm a Senator in the EU Senate, but not every thing needs to be in a system wide government does it? Unless of course you guys wanna be in one of them? And as the creator of this thread, I'm voting to go for the EU Senate :p

11. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I like the Yuuzahn Vong because they thing Jaina and Jacen are Gods. Anyone who can think that can't be all bad.

Sudooku likes this.
  12. Inari_Icewalker

Inari_Icewalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2001
    Mmm...only the Shamed Ones think that, or so I thought.

Otto: 'tis not merely icky, but most definitely painful (or so I've been told by some males who have done this, and accounts I have read, since I'm female and can only imagine :D ).

So, flips through the Yun-Yuuzhan House of Piercing Tattoos appointment book...when you comin' in for your glorification markings, hmmm? [face_mischief]

13. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I believe Jacen and Jaina are thought of as avatars of the Twin Gods, Yun Yammka and Yun Harla respectively.

14. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    I think that everybody believes Jaina and Jacen to be avatars of the Twin gods. That's why the Yuuzhan Vong want to capture the two so much.

Aunecah_Skywalker

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    The point has come to this:
    The Shamed One's believe that Jaina and Jacen are the Twin Gods, and the rest of the Yuuzhan Vong believe they are the avators.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Which, in this case, is the same thing.

17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, pretty much :p

18. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Has it ever been explained (or questioned) why their Gods would choose two infidel forms as avatars?? Also, the shapers have wanted to get their hands on Jedi for a long time to study them and understand how they use the Force. Now they know Jacen and Jaina are Jedi (whew try saying that ten times fast)! So how is it that the rest of the YV think Jacen and Jaina are more elevated (other than they are twins) to this high status?

19. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I think it'd because
    A) Jacen wounded their warmaster by taking his leg
    B) Jaina tricked every single one of the Yuuzhan Vong during DK, RD, and RS

20. Inari_Icewalker

May 23, 2001
    If Jaina tricked them, wouldn't she more appropriately be an avatar of Yun-Harla??

21. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    She was!! I don't know which author brought in this whole twin thing.

22. Inari_Icewalker

May 23, 2001
    Is totally ?[face_plain] now. That's what I thought, too...she should be considered the reincarnation/avatar of Yun-Harla because of her skills at trickery and subterfuge.

Hurry Otto, you're gonna be late for your appointment to get that piercing we talked about :p

23. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    *cringes*

Ooops, car won't start :p

24. Inari_Icewalker

May 23, 2001
    Car?! :eek: CAR?!

Ooooh, you're in BIG trouble now! Just wait till I tell Lah you're using an infidel machine and not a Yuuzie travel beast (insert name of shaped vehicle creature here)!! [face_devil]

25. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Don't worry, I'll pick you up Otto. [face_devil]

*pats her hubby Hul on his shoulder* Ok big boy, let's go pick up and convert another infidel.

Hul grins then ready's his Transportation Beasty that looks like a Harley Davidson.

:cool: