main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yuzzhan Vong and the force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ROGUE_5, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_5

ROGUE_5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    The Yuzzhan Vong can't be felt in the force right. But what about Jacen's vision in Balance Point. In that vision The Jedi were the light, the Yuzzhan Vong were the dark and Jacen was right in the middle. So if the YV are in a vision from the force, don't that say that they can be felt in the force.
    Jacen in the middle of the galaxy tilting toward the Yuzzhan Vong somewhat relates to the "one who will bring balance to the force" prophecy. Saying Jacen is the one to balance it, hence the name of that book as Balance Point.

2. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Read Traitor

3. Jedi_Wookie_Reborn

Jedi_Wookie_Reborn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Visions don't always come true or become irrelevant. Some examples are:
    -Ikrit's prophesy about Anakin and Tahiri
    -The old lady in CoPL that tells luke about his children and wife.

4. ROGUE_5

Aug 8, 2002
    I will read Traitor once I can get hold of DJ,RS,RD, and borrow Traitor

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Visions don't always come true or become irrelevant. Some examples are:
    -Ikrit's prophesy about Anakin and Tahiri
    -The old lady in CoPL that tells luke about his children and wife.

Oh, good gravy... don't get me started on this again. First of all -- the second prophecy still has plenty of time to come true. She was in a perma-Farseeing trance, who knows when she saw.

Second, the first one hasn't been completely disproven yet.

Third, go check out any of the number of threads on my views of the prophecies and how, if Del Rey ignores how they've been treated in the past, that it's no longer Star Wars. I'll include a relevant one in an edit...

EDIT: here

6. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I think that my first post aswered the question pretty well. Jacen learns quite a bit about the Yuuzhan Vong and the Force in Traitor.

7. Master-Jedi

Master-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    My only complaint is....

TRAITOR spoiler I guess

Jacens unique talents seemed to be important in his discovery, talents that no one, except maybe Valin, has.

End TRAITOR spoiler

8. PHOTOPUNK

PHOTOPUNK Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    there should be some kind of ban on people asking about the vong and there relationship with the force if you havent read Traitor these posts take up space because the only answers that they will end up getting are "read Traitor" or a spoiler and not everyone enjoy te spoliers as much as some of us do. im not trying to be mean or anything but whatever

9. JEDI_KARRDE

JEDI_KARRDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2002
    Rogue makes some sense but i can see you points too. But the Yuzhan vong where felt by Anakin when he had the lambent. right?
    was it by the lambent having some kind of bond to the other lambents, or was it atuned to the yuzhan vong in such a way that the lambent pulsed and then anakin processed the information to pick out the enemy? We will have to see what becomes of jacens new views on things in the later books. Won't we? To see if rogue is proven true or not

10. ROGUE_5

Aug 8, 2002
    It's not like it is going to put spoilers in this one anyway because i have read spoilers of the other NJO, they had no effect on wheter i liked them or not (liked all)

11. Jedi_Wookie_Reborn

Jedi_Wookie_Reborn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Hey dpm4, I agree and never said that this was my opinion, only what the books show. Geez, calm down (i wanna join FAFA and have luke say: And this is my son, Chewie).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.