main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zaarin's Question Corner II

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralZaarin, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Since the last one has disapperared into the deep abyss, I'm starting Zaarin's Question Corner II.
    Now: LET THE PONDERING BEGIN!

Is it known what sort of beetles the battle droids ride in Galactic Battlegrounds?

Are Darktroopers droids or force sensitive stormies?

Are the Nagai from the Unknown Regions or another galaxy?

Is Lady Lumiya a cyborg?

2. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    Dark troopers are droids as far as I know Zaarin (I may be wrong though).

The Nagai I don't know.

Lumiya is supposedly a product of cybernetics applied by Sith sorcery, so I'd say yes she is a cyborg.

3. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Mounted TF troopers ride robotic bettles.

The Dark Troopers in Dark Forces are all droids except for the Phase 3 Dark Trooper.

The ones depicted in GBGs is a different type of Dark Trooper.

4. Warrior-of-the-Sith

Warrior-of-the-Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    I read off of some site that the war driods they ride are called Basilisks.

And the Nagai are supposedly not even from the GFFA, but from a different galaxy.

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    AdmiralZaarin...
    "Are the Nagai from the Unknown Regions or another galaxy?"

We know the following:
  6. Bey's 1st Person Account:"The Nagai are my people...more than the Alliance...more than anyone but you...certainly more than the Corellians. All those trips I took, rambling around from planet to planet, learning what I could, making friends where I could...the day finally came wen good luck and bad instruments forced me to where none of us had ever been--beyond the galactic perimeter. And, out there, I learned something...my mother was an advance scout for the Nagai fleet, who wandered into Correlli, and saw a galaxy that someday might be fit for takeover...and so, after she'd learned all she could, she went home and told her people to wait...wait until the Rebellion done the work for them, and they could come here and pick up the pieces of whichever side survived."

So, officially, Bey went beyond the galactic perimeter and learned about his people who saw the GFFA as a galaxy ripe for conquest. Because the Unexplored Regions are within the galactic perimeter, the Nagai, therefore do not come from the Unexplored Regions.

The only confusion exists because some New Republic bureauocrats filed an incorrect report (TOS "Threats From Beyond the Rim") about the Nagai, suggesting they were merely from the UR to make the Yuuzhan Vong seem unique in their extragalacticness. [face_plain] Essential Guide to Alien Species makes note of this and merely opines that the Nagai lied about their extragalactic origins. So, the only true first-hand account of the Nagai origins is Bey, and he says they're extragalactic.

"Is Lady Lumiya a cyborg?"

She has had cybernetic surgery. However, in her battle with Luke, the external features which many mistake for her cybernetics seems only to be her armor/suit becuase it "rips" away revealing skin beneath. So, we have no idea how extensive or how little her surgery goes. Certainly in Star Wars #63, Shira Brie appears okay externally (although she is partially clothed). I would suggest that her internal organs are most likely the only items which have cybernetics. She does not seem to require the extensive life-support system Vader required. But, Shira Brie also had an increased stamina and healing factor thanks to Palaptine's scientists prior to her mortal wounds.

But, the answer is "yes" - she is a cyborg. We just don't know how extensive her cybernetics run.
  8. The Tears of Palpatine

The Tears of Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2000
    Indeed, Major Brie had been genetically altered by Imperial Intelligence following her graduation from the Academy, on Lord Vader?s suggestion (Gamer #5, Galaxy #3). She later underwent cybernetic surgery after having sustained major injuries at the hands of Commander Skywalker, but not nearly as extensive as that of her master and patron, Lord Vader.

Concerning the Extragalactic Nature of the N?Gai

Bey (?Prince? in Turkish, incidentally) states that he journeyed out beyond the ?galactic perimeter.? The implication of this statement is that he left the main body of the galaxy.

The Behind the Magic map clearly shows the Outer Rim Territories as being the physical edge of the galactic disk?the Outer Rim encompasses the entire circumferential edge of the galaxy; remember that the Corporate Sector is on the far tip of a spiral arm of the galaxy. Because the Outer Rim Territories are the edge of the galactic disk, it is clear that the Unknown Regions are beyond the disk.

However, it is important to note that spiral galaxies do not simply abruptly end; as Dr Saxton puts it, there is ?diffuse formless material and occasional stars, stellar remnants and globular star clusters scattered in a spherical halo of space surrounding the disk, even above the main galactic plane. Dark matter in the halo constitutes most of the galactic mass [...]?

These external ?badlands? are beyond the galactic perimeter, but are still within the thrall of the galaxy?s gravity. They would include some billions of stars spread over space several times the diameter of the galactic disk itself, as compared to the hundreds of billions of stars in the galaxy proper. These would be the Unknown Regions.

Thus, even if the N?Gai were in these ?badlands,? the Unknown Regions, they would still be from without the galaxy itself, beyond the galactic perimeter. In essence, even if the N?Gai are from deep within the Unknown Regions, and not from another galaxy (as are the Yuuzhan Vong are theorised to be), they are still ?extragalactic? in nature.

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.