main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zahn-EU, Prequels & George Lucas

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

I reread the comic to the Zahn-Thrawntrilogy, and found several interesting things in it, connecting to the Prequel trilogy. here is a list:

-Padmé pic on wall in Imperial Palace (I´d like to believe Luke&Leia already know of her, Naboo and the past, but the Yevetha-Trilogy makes this impossible.. damn, other explanation?)
    -A freighter that Thrawn destroys looks exactly like the Old Republic capital warships from the KOTOR 1 PC game! hammerhead front and complete design.
    -Coruscant buildings looking similar if not exactly like some of those designed by ILM for Coruscant (did they take the comics and shape them after it? they are the same page the Padmé pic is on!)

more to be added soon
    (sorry that I am unable to post pics, but maybe you can find it and post them for me)

So.. did GL refer to Zahn with this stuff in the Prequels, or did Zahn and GL work very close together to create the comic (in addition to the novels)?

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    I believe the comic came out in late '98, so yeah, they must have already squared away most of the designs.

I guess it comes down to whether or not Leia knew who her birth-mother was...whether or not she knew it was Padme, or if Bail Organa told her it was someone else.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Could you scan the page with Padmé? I'm interested in seeing that (I've never been able to find these comics).

4. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    sorry, no working scanner, maybe someone else is so kind.

and the comics came out earlier than 98, they actually were out before the Special Edition, which was 97.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Which one was the Padme pic in? I've only got Heir.

6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    it was after the birth of Jacen & Jaina, Last Command, I think.

7. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    They STARTED coming out around the time of the Special Editions. I'm pretty sure the Last Command didn't make it to comic shops until much later.

According to Dark Horse's site, it started in Nov. of '97 and finished up in July of '98. Now that I think about it, I do remember it being marred with quite a few delays.

I'm pretty sure this was in issue 5, which came out around May of '98. I think I remember hearing that Edvin Biukiovic had heard the casting of the new Star Wars film and decided to sprinkle his adaptation with stuff from the new film.

8. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    This is the painting in question, I take it?

[image=http://alx.vanderleun.com/~ruben/AmidalaInTLC.jpg]

9. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    If that's not Padme, it bears a Helluva resemblance to her!
    I guess Leia knows of Senator Amidala even if she doesn't know her relation to her.

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Yup, that's the one. It's been confirmed that Eddy Biukovic and the DH editorialists had enough of a comfy deadline margin to use a number of the then-recently-announced prequel characteristics in the Last Command adaptation.

11. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    CeiranHarmony, from what you mention in your original post, this isn't the work of Zahn, but the artists that interpret Tim Zahn's work. So this really isn't a form of 'premonition', but 'retcon artistry'! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.