main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zahn is Back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Has anyone placed Genghis on a suicide watch? I shudder to think of what he's capable of when he hears this news.

:p

2. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    No, no, my hair brained theory,( with all due respects to Chissdude, sorry to steal your thunder, lil' buddy )is:

The only reason Zahn agreed to write these books is so Genghis can have something new to bash. He's off planning new monologues right as I type this. :D

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Isbeth,

Since I know Genghis is busy with real life, I will take this opportunity state once again that he has never once in these forums 'bashed' Timothy Zahn. Nor has he even critiqued him without providing reams of quotes and raw data to back up his claims.

I also know that when these books are released that he will purchase and read them with an open mind before making a decision on them.

4. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Kier, I was remiss, if I led people to believe that Genghis does his criticism without reading the books, of course he will read them and use them to further his dislike of Zahn.

Or could it be, that he will read them and actually like them? :confused: Naugh, never happen. :)

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Great! I can't wait for them to come out.

6. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Genghis admitted liking some of Zahn's short stories. I might enjoy a Zahn book, who knows ? :eek:

7. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

I have all of Zahn's Star Wars novels, so he's even gotten money from me. I also have his MUCH superior Conquerer's trilogy that I initially bought for a friend for Christmas, but he already had them. They sat on my shelf for a year before I read and loved them. I have also been hearing good things about Angelmass so maybe I'll check it out.

I will even buy the new books and read them. However, I think it is fair to me to say that with me, Zahn is Zero for Five when it comes to Star Wars, so I am not expecting anything much from them.

8. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Why do you people care so much what Genghis thinks?! Zahn is still the #1 Star Wars author. He has sold more EU books than any one else. He won't have his own agenda; he will just write one heck of a good SW book. A few nay-sayers will be overwhelmed by the vast majority of people who will love his new books when they come out.

9. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I think Zahn would be tolerable if confined to the prequel era. I don't want him toying with Luke and co. anymore.

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Even though this is slightly off topic (although barely since its from teh same article), Im surprised nobody brought up the fact that Boba Fett may be back at some point in the NJO. With him appearing in the prequels as well, could it be possible that Zahn may tie something in one of his books ?

11. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I overheard something at the Del Rey booth about a new novel between VotF and VP dealing with just Luke and Mara. I dunno, don't take my word for it. I could of heard wrong.

I must of been the only person in the Naboo room shaking my head 'no' when they announced that Zahn was doing two new books. :p

12. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
  13. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    "I must of been the only person in the Naboo room shaking my head 'no' when they announced that Zahn was doing two new books. "

The Naboo room>?

14. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    jade-sabre as one CCFF member to another we know most folks don't really care what Genghis12 really thinks about Zahn, we just mention it here to humour him. ;)

As noted Kier and his cronies are the notable exception to this rule. Kier, you did see my smiley face there didn't you? :confused:...sheeze everyone takes everything so literally...

MT: The Naboo Room?!?! That sounds like a place you went for cocktails.

15. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Isbeth,

jade-sabre as one CCFF member to another we know no body really cares what Genghis12 really thinks about Zahn, we just mention it here so he thinks he is important.

You're wrong, Isbeth. A great many people here obviously think a great deal of Genghis' opinions and he has a great many friends on this board. I do not always agree with his opinions, but I certainly respect and like him for his views.

16. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Kier, I did not say I didn't respect him and/or like him. I did say we humour him much more than most folks, because, well, he can get just plain vicious at times and that ugly side does not become him.
    Besides, I am beginning to think that he has turned over a new leaf, so-to-speak...

17. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I like where this thread is going. Let's all share our views about Genghis12 here.

18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Heh. The Naboo room was the room where all the EU related stuff was going on. Celebration II had different rooms for different events. Coruscant, Naboo, Tatooine, Bespin, Kamino, etc.

19. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    A thought...now that we know Zahn has two upcoming SW books when it was thought he had only one...could they have signed him for the novelization of Episode III?

20. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Smart, DarkSide... smart...

I'm still hoping for an Prequel-era and EU 'duology'...

- The Imperial Ewok

21. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    IATDS: For no particular reason, I don't wish Zahn to write Ep III. I kinda want that guy who wrote Approaching Storm , geeze it is late and those 8th graders who just left the dome wiped me out. Forgive me for forgetting his name ok? [face_blush] :D

Edit: Alan Dean Foster? to write EpII.

22. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Can someone remind me why people dislike Zahn
    ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.