main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zahn or Anderson.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trell, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Ya know busting a Jango just sounds like it could break a bone someone is going to need later on.

2. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Notice how it's always the Zahnites that start the Zahn threads?

No not really, this wasn't pro either one. Untill you all came along. The Anderson lovers, if I can believe your words. I wanted to wait a while so people would vote, but now they aren't, there just starting at your proAnderson posts and responding to them, not the topic.

Reaper, you really didn't have to start anything. But you did, for no reason other than you know that I like an author you don't, thanks thats real nice of you.

God damn, the one time I want to start a poll the option is down...

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    doesnt EUM have them?

4. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    I sposs you mean misc, I don't really know I haven't dropped by there in a while.

And sorry if I came of as a tad harsh. I've had a crude day so far.

Still no Traitor. But I did get GoDV...yippe...

5. Goreld

Goreld Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Mr44 said:
    I think Anderson put the Academy on Yavin as a connection to the old, old Jedi and the temple there. I don't rember the exact story (Thanks Wedge), but the man knows his continuity!!

Yes, since Kevin J. Anderson wrote that continuity in the first place. (look at the comic credits) After writing the books. In other words, he made up the story about the Sith, and then later made a comic about it. There was no connection until he made one up.

As a comparison between Zahn and KJA, I prefer Zahn. Zahn's writing style feels more human, with people making human mistakes, and great human achievements; in general, I could empathize with the characters.

KJA's writing style seems more "fantasy", in the sense that characters are either hideously flawed or one-sided. You have the dumb sterotypical bad guys (everyone on Kessel), and the arrogant good guys (Yavin Jedi), or just the angry angry angry for no good reason Kyp. KJA's characters seemed to me to all be fanatics, rather than the open-minded individuals of Zahn's stories.

I could get into an argument of his personification of the Dark Side, and the can of worms that it opened (and Stover closed), but I'd rather not.

6. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    ARGH...
    :mad:
    Move along...

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Zahderson :p

Zahn owns Anderson =)

8. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    I just got a shipping date for Traitor!

January 2!

The crappy thing is I'm not joking, it actually says that.

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Trell. Read the thread before you flame more than half the posters in it.

Jedi_Liz was the first to break the rules. She is pro Zahn.

We responded in kind, throwing down her baseless taunts. None what she has said holds any merit that I can see other than to make us respond and start this up again. I hate this. Diee.

10. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Well it seemd like Reaper was insulting me, and then you all responded to this person. You really didn't have to do that. And you yourself said something to the effect of "damn the rules" in refrence to my want for you all to waIt a day or two.

11. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    I said "damn rules" out of sarcasm for Jedi_Liz breaking them. "Way to go Liz, what were you thinking? 'Damn rules, I ain't gonna do follow 'em'?" I didn't mean for anyone else to do so. And talking about Anderson's early years has nothing to do with the discussion, thats the only thing you could have against that.

12. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    AH, I jsut re looked, true. I looked whe nI first woke up so I wasn't all that coherent I suposs. Sorry then. but Reaper still seemed to be mocking me...nevermind, I'm usually kind of paranoid about that stuff.

13. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I disagree with all of you.

In his first post, Trell greatly underestimates this forum's ability to pull threads off-topic, with his wildly inflated highball value...
    "This is going to get off topic in about 5 posts..."

The reality, this thread was off-topic as of the second post. :)

14. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Sigh...

15. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Whatever. Just keep voting people. Go to the other thread to flame KJA. Thanks. :p

16. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Theres a thread for that! Really! Were! :p

17. captpellaeon

captpellaeon Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Zahn, definitely. Why? Because he created Grand Admiral Thrawn, who is more formidable of an enemy to the Rebels (New Republic) than the Emperor was. What would it have been like if HE were running the war against the Rebels before they defeated Palpatine? And Zahn also created Talon Karrde, who is a great character, and I always love reading about him!

18. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    I SAID NO EXPLANATIONS IN ORDER TO KEEP THIS FRO MTURNING INTO A FLANME FEST FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

I give up.

19. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    NO DAMMIT. We want no "why?"

Go. To. The. Other. Thread.

Breaking the rules is bad. Don't do it, and you won't be hunted down by KJA.

20. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Trell, I dunno. I want to see the results. Leave this one open for discussion I guess, and make a new one. As soon as someone breaks your request again call an admin or something.

21. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Erm, since when does the thread-maker get to mod the discussion? By what authority can they lay down "rules"? As I've understood it, we create threads knowing full well that the tides of discussion may take it to unexpected territory. So people want to explain why they choose one over the other... it's providing more of a conversation than simple listing. If some bozo can't work with in the realms of consensual discussion and constructive criticism, then get an Admin.

~PAd

22. Major_Derek_Klivian

Major_Derek_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2001
    If you make a thread, you sure do have the right to circumscribe the limits and boundaries of the discussion. If you don't have the civility to read the preamble and adhere to it, don't post.

In that spirit, Zahn. Because I said so.

23. Deep_Dark_Abyss

Deep_Dark_Abyss Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2002
    Zahns books are way better and more fun to read. And IMO his characters are more in depth too.

24. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    PAd, he asked that this thread just be a poll. Discussion can take place in the 547 other KJA or Zahn threads.

25. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Zahn, Zahn a million times Zahn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.