main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Zahn Road Trip -- Final planning thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Okay folks, the countdown has begun to our Zahn Road trip.

So far I have Josh, the twins, and Brian confirmed for the trip. Since five is the max I can fit in my car (and that's with the folks in the back becoming even better friends than they were before ;) ) if anyone else decides they want to come along, we'll need a second car.

The plan . . .

Meet at 7 AM, Saturday morning at the Monroeville Borders Bookstore.

Travel to Virginia, find the hotel, check in and drop off our stuff.

Find the bookstore, hang out, find the DC folks, ride the line ride, meet Mr. Zahn.

Go out afterwards with the DC fanforce, eat and be merry. (and be pippin if the twins decide to do a little cross over . . . :D )

Back to the hotel, get a little sleep.

Sunday morning find breakfast, drive home.

2. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ooohhhhh...Breakfast!

Sounds like fun Chris.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that you can count on a crossover or two ;)

3. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    i see a flaw in your plan.....if we meet at borders that means brian's car will sit there right? if it's there over night they might get mad and have it towed.....monroeville is a hostile place!

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    For the record, not all of the DC FanForce will be at the signing. In fact most are probably just coming for the party afterwards. At this time I am not even sure when I will get to the signing but the official meeting place is just across the street and down maybe a couple hundred feet for the store. I will try to browse through any crowds and look for the Pittsburg T-shirts that Greencat told me about while you are at the signing though. :)

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Worry not, my young Padawan. I've used the Borders parking lot for a meet and car storage facility before. Since its such a big parking lot, if you leave the car in the middle of the lot between Borders and Fridays, no one seems to mind.

6. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Chris, glad to see things worked out.

How's Josh getting to Monroeville that early? Do you have to work that Friday night Josh?

Take LOTS of pictures! I'm well on the way to scanning the club photos, and making the club DVD, so gimme MORE!

If anyone can get an autograph for me, I'd really appreciate it. Even if it's on a blank sheet of paper.

Most of all have fun and be merry (and of course pippin...) So who does that make Chris, Brian and Josh then? Hmm, since Chris is driving, she's the leader for this trip. So does that makes her Aragorn...he he J/K ;)

7. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    They are still predicting snow for Saturday. I hope that does not keep you guys from coming down.

8. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    snow....snow will not stop us!!!!!!

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I've received notice through the Garrison, that Garrison Carida's event is the next day's book signing. Not the 7th. So you might not see as many Stormtroopers and other Imperials present as was hoped for. Don't know why the change or maybe I'm misinformed, anyway, just passing this along.

10. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Alright glad to see the determination :)

Well hopefully the Tyranus Garrison will still be meeting up with us.

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Snow or not, to Virginia we will go :D

I've got the hotel reserved, by the way folks. Red Roof Inn in Rockville. Its about 24 miles north of the book store. My logic was this, the closer I got to DC the more everything cost. We will pass the hotel on the way down and its part way towards home, so it seemed reasonable to save $40 (or more) and really it doesn't add anything major to the drive.

It will cost us around $60 for the night. Sorry, no free breakfast at the hotel just coffee and tea.

12. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    snow will not stop me, but my parents will. I wanna go and my mommy and daddy won't let me now, so i'll sit all by my lonesome in my dorm tonight and maybe tomarrow my buddies will be able to party.

My parents suck

13. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    :eek: No... :( No one should miss SlackerCon I. That is cruel and unusual punishment.

Is everyone else still on?

14. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Darth_Stalker... Oh sure. Looks like the four of us will be able to make it: Me, Chris, Josh, and Stacie. And I'll be wearing my nifty, spiffy SWAP T-shoit for easy identification! (I may even wear my idioitc propeller hat to make it even easier. :) Watch out, ladies... :D )

Will see you tomorrow,
    Yours Truly

15. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    :eek: Propellor hat... please don't :p

It's okay, I'll stand out a little too. I'll be the 6'2" guy wearing handcuffs as a bracelet. Anyway, I am certain that I will be able to find you guys...stalking is what I do best :p

See you there!

16. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

As posted by Darth_Stalker...
    Propellor hat... please don't

Sounds like a dare to me!

Heh heh heh,
    Yours Truly

P.S. 8-}

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Ok...who were the ones that I met last night at Slacker Con?

I remember Chris, Brian and Stacey (spelling can be forgiven if not written down before...right?)

18. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Jedi_Satimber... It was me, Chris, and Stacie that you met at SlackerCon.

Me = Brian = ben_ethus
    Chris = greencat336
    Stacie = Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

I had a real good time meeting you and all the other folks. Definitely good times. :)

Till next time,
    Yours Truly

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    as did I Brian...you all were pretty :cool: too.

hope that you all can really make it to Empire Fan Fest.

I am about to ask if we can try to get Zahn there.

20. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    It was nice to meet you all over the weekend. My wife and I enjoyed talking with people from good old PA. I am not sure what all you said to her, but she will now consider Pittsburgh as one of places to look at when we move back to Pennsylvania. Maybe if I ever get up there to the Comic Con I will see some of you again.

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Ric...you moving?

Don't forget good old Jersey!!! :p

Anyways....if the Cowboys come back to Pittsburgh soon...I might come out there and party.

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    fakename99, since you mentioned ComiCon, consider this an "Official" invite to join us there.

More details to follow but I'm trying to get the WV FF as well as Cleveland's FF to be there too. We can have a strong presence there. Hope you all can make it.

23. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I, for one, am upset that there was no propellor hat. :p

24. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

stateless... I knew I should have brought that thing. Next time, for sure.

In the meanwhile...

A fan of idiotic digital imagery,
    Yours Truly

25. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hehe. Yes, next time for sure. That will teach you not to let Roger influence your decisions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.