main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zahnites Unite!!!!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Macewindu77815, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Well technically AdmiralDae all i have read is his SW books but I have read them 3 times over which is not that much but I am a huge fan!! :D

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    I keep meaning to read his non-SW stuff.

3. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    I just basically stick to Star Wars in the Sci-fi realm.

4. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Lets up this sucker because the founder is back!!

5. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    #96 90% of the worlds, characters, and ships in the rts game rebellion came from thrawn's first 3 sw books.

6. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Hell a lot came from the Thrawn trilogy:

Coruscant
    Thrawn(!)
    The Chiss
    Pellaeon
    Borsk Fey'lya
    Mara Jade
    Jacen and Jaina Solo
    Karrde
    Noghri

Now the NJO would have been a lot different without Zahn's contributions wouldn't it?

7. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Now that you bring that up yes it would have. :p

Would we even have a NJO if not for Zahn?

8. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Would we??????? :D :p ;)

9. moff_Sammael

moff_Sammael Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Nope, we wouldn't 8-} :D

10. moff_Sammael

Nov 16, 2001
    Okay, here's a discussion topic for you Zahnites: How would the Jedi Academy Trilogy looked like if Zahn, not Anderson, had written it? :)

Example: Daala wouldn't be as brilliant as Thrawn, but she would be bloody clever, and Kratas would have a role more fitting to his position, instead of saying something stupid at the wrong time.

11. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Personally I think the JAT was a half way decent trilogy. But if Zahn had written it the potential could have been so much more. Daala would be more smart and pelleon wouldn't have been as stupid. :)

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Daala wasn't stupid, she was actually quite smart. Her strategies however were of at least 10 years prior, so she was woefully outdated in her attack plans.

And if Zahn wrote JAT, it'd be ten times more awesome!

13. darthmalt16

Sep 25, 2000
    Pellaeon would have recalled more of the lessons he learned from Thrawn.

Something I've always wondered why the heck did the ditch the suncrusher b4 they got the secret of it's armor. If you were a NR admiral and you had the chance to acquire armor that would allow a small ship to crash through a stardestroyer and survive would YOU let it out of your hands?

14. Blue_Ice-Green_Fire

Blue_Ice-Green_Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2002
    Well, I'm an idiot! I see this thread in the EUC probably a thousand times, but I always kinda miss it for who knows why . . . I love Zahn! :D So I'll just jump right in:

If Zahn wrote JAT? Hmmm. Tricky one, there. Most of you talk about the Imperials, and I agree. But there's also the good guys. I think Han and Leia were both well charactized, but Luke didn't seem to be written all that well, in my opinion: more made to fit Kyp's image of 'weak' when he was under the hold of the Dark Side. Maybe . . .

And I hated the idea of Luke sending the children off to Anoth :mad: Yes, they are prone to the Dark Side, but that was just cruel. Poor Leia. :(

And to use Yavin IV? That planet just got used to much, between the Massassi (I think that's how you spell it . . . the species that is now extinct on Yavin) Exar Kun, the Death Star, and now the praxeum. A bit to much for my taste. Sort of like how authors (both published and fanfic) seem to over use Tatooine and Corellia ;)

If Zahn had written JAT, here's what I'm thinking: Daala would have taken out a bigger chunk of the New Republic than she did. Maybe kill Kyp in the process [face_devil] [face_mischief] *chants: must stop evil thoughts, must stop evil thoughts* Ah, what the heck [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

And there would have been a better solution to the Solo twins. I just don't know what :p

Mace: SW is pretty much my only Science Fiction reading as well. Despite my dad's attempts at getting me to read "real science fiction", I remain loyal to Star Wars. :D

EDIT: Chiss! I just realized I'm in your sig now! Get me out of there! It's filthy :p

15. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Real science fiction!!! SW IS real Science fiction!!! :p :D

Tell your dad that!!! :D

Nice of you to stop by icey, keep coming!! :D

16. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Up....

anyone have news of Zahn's new book like exactly wht month it coming out or something of the sort....

17. moff_Sammael

Nov 16, 2001
    You mean Survivor's Quest? I believe it's scheduled for February 2004, but it's hard to say if it goes out at the beginning, or at the end of that month.

18. darthmalt16

Sep 25, 2000
    When does the book take place? I think it would be appropriate for him to write the first post njo book. I think he would do a good job of setting up plot lines that would work for years to come. Look at how well he shaped the EU with the thrawn trilogy.

19. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    You mean Survivor's Quest? I believe it's scheduled for February 2004, but it's hard to say if it goes out at the beginning, or at the end of that month.

Wow...he could have 2 of his books released in the same month. Awesome.

20. Blue_Ice-Green_Fire

Blue_Ice-Green_Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2002
    Survivor's Quest: ZAHN ON BOOK TOUR! Check it out here

*does a dance of joy* If I can get the exact date/time/place of Zahn's tour for SQ then I can maybe be in Portland when he's here! *still dancing* Coming to a city near you? Find out! :D :D :D

(And thanks for the warm welcome, Mace :) )

21. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Feburary...YES!! Thats only about 3 months away!!!!

No Prob Icey.... :cool:

J. Sat what do you mean two books?? ?[face_plain]

22. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
  23. moff_Sammael

Nov 16, 2001
    Darthmalt16: Survivor's Quest takes place some two or three years after Hand of Thrawn (I don't know the exact timeline, but I believe it corresponds with Junior Jedi Knights series).

24. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    It is right after union and right before the NJO.

25. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    # 95: Mistrayals....... :D [face_love] :p ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.