main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zam Wessel

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by litllejedi, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I was just looking at it, and I know that headliner is not really an 'apparel' fabric, but it looks like it would be the right thickness, you would just have to get it covered with the proper fabric.

However I suddenly feel like spending mucho dinero and making this costume. :D

2. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    Yesterday I had the opportunity to examine the 12" doll of Zam. I do not think this is a good reference to use. Right away I noticed the holster was completely different and it went downhill from there. I guess I'll have to make the trip to Australia to see the real one.

Does anyone know how to contact the original designer/costumer?

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I do have a VERY high resolution picture of zam. If anyone wants it I can e-mail it to you... Just pm me or something.

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Err, lots of them and their links are posted over at TDH-Zam Wesell Forum. :D There's also a way to get a whole CD of it? ;)

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2333
    (look at the 2nd list of photos links)

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok. Well since I haven't really looked into this costume I'm not sure what's been the popular pictures :D

6. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    Okay this could get even more difficult. after watching the DVD and checking Zams shots under freeze frame it turns out that the holster I mentioned previously on the doll is correct, its the publicity photo thats different. Hmmmm....

Lucasfilm is clouding everything

oh, and after close review the fabric looks much more like the Lycra decriptions from earlier posts.

7. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked and bumping for recent query.

8. captneedle

captneedle Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2005
    Questions!!!

I noticed that there are skate hooks on the back of the belt/cumberbun (sp?)
    and a second...?... set on the right.
    Is this correct and is there a third set on the left?
    Also there is a doo dad under the left arm that I cannot make out.
    Going from the the centre front.."headphones", oval "purse", then the "doo dad".
    Does any one know if there is a clear picture of it.
    Also I have checked the links on the threads and many do not work.
    I plan to make a Zam costume.
    I have found the material that I like but I have to search out the hard parts
    If any one has ANY info, could you please pm me with it.
    Thanks
    M

9. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    hey captneedle, there is very good thread about Zam Wessell on the dented helmet, were you can find a huge amount of info and pictures, here's the link:

http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Good luck!:)

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I've taken on this project resently - cheers for all those who have shared ideas info in this thread.

so far i've completed the cape seal:

[image=http://www.chansplace.orcon.net.nz/zam-capeseal.jpg]

I have started planning the Blaster rifle but I'm wondering if anyone has measurements (eg approx length, dia. of main barrel) or knows where i can find them?

cheers.

11. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    The picture isn't showing up.

12. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm currently in the gathering my intelligence to make this costume. I'll probably start working on the easy and small things first and working up from there. I won't be able to wear it until my youngest is a little older-I'm making a wild hopeful guess of San Diego Comic-Con next year(2007).
    I was wondering if anyone who's made this would be willing to make a broad guess as to how much money you've put into the costume. This is another reason I'm spacing it out ;)
    I've looked back through this thread but it looks like a lot of the links are old and not working. I did see that there was one working to a forum at TDH that I'm about to check out though.
    Thanks!

13. SithLord7768

SithLord7768 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2005
    this thread is ancient...im trying to get this together now and need some serious help from anyone who had been into making this costume back when AOTC came out...im looking for some hints to the helmet...I can get most other things through the VD and such with resin castings, ect...but wantted to see if anyone had any tricks and tips for the construction of the hlmet and greeblies for it...

14. SithLord7768

SithLord7768 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2005
    does no one have any info on this????? this is prooving to be a project which i will have to mock up from the ground up with no assistance or info i guess

15. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29
    This is where I've found the most info. At this moment the server says it's down for upgrades so it does not come up so check back there later on.
    Good luck!

16. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    You might want to PM sablebadger, who payed close attention to this costume at the FIDM exhibit.

17. ZamIAm

ZamIAm Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2002
    i created a new zam site, It will be a long process updating the research and tutorials part, but here's my site, and lmk what you think!

www.zamiam.com

18. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    ZamIAm - great to see your new site!!!!

19. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Looking forward to checking out your site.
    One of these days I'm going to be able to get started on this...

20. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    Thanks, 100% of any help on the fetts and zam, is on the dented helmet forums. I stashed ALL of my Zam knowledge there. I know it's a lot to read, but it's one heck of a costume. I had to do it from the ground up. So, I won't be posting anything in here, because I hate repeating myself, and there is just too much to post that's why there is a forum dedicated to just her costume. ;) If you really are interested, post questions there, but of course, read read read first. I am still upgrading some things.

21. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I've been over to TDH. I'm going to have to print all of that stuff over there if I'm ever going to read it LOL

22. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    I am doing a last and final neoprene run. If you want to participate, and purchase neoprene for this costume, please join the forum and read the thread http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9994&page=2 and sign on. I am only doing this through the TDH.We need 3 more to make this run happen. Thanks!

23. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    ZamIAm - thanks for posting a heads up here. I've had in the back of my mind doing Zam's costume for some time now. I'm not sure if or when I'd get around to it, but I'd probably like to get in on a fabric order if you are having something especially made since it is hard to come by.

It will take 24 hours before I am permitted to post at The Dented Helmet. In the mean time I have a ton of questions (the thread is so long, I'm not finding the info I really need as recap.). Is there any way you can post a concise recap there highlighting exactly what is being ordered, what the color is (photos if available) Yardage, price, photos of costumes that may have already been made with the same weight of neoprene - etc.

a) Can I get a swatch before deciding? I'd like to see the color and thickness in person
    b) Do you have photos of someone wearing this type of neoprene from a different run just so I can see what it looks like? All the various discussions on types of fabric and photos of different members in their Zam cotumes just has me confused as to what is what. Or is this a brand new run of a color and thickness of Neoprene that has not been done before?
    c) How many yards do we get? What is the width of the bolt & What is the price? Is this going to be more than enough to make one costume?

Thanks

24. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Posted over at TDH. I want in on the material run if there is still room on the list.
    I know I can't start on that right away but it would be nice to have the fabric in hand for when I can.
    Gotta get a new machine before. Mine's ancient and doesn't do what I need it to do.

25. ZamIAm

Oct 22, 2002
    I am sorry that I linked the second page, not the first page. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9994 You will find the list on that page.

Can't quite answer a: I don't want to just send swatches out to people who aren't committed about being on the run and willing and able to pay for the material. There's enough info on the threads linked about what it looks like and the thickness.
    http://www.zamiam.com/ZamIAm/Neo%201.html just for history alone in the research of the material.
    To answer b:First two costumes were from my first run.Moncal's won the costume contest trophy at CIII.
    My suit was also from the first run. Tons o' pics there. www.zamiam.com

Answer to c:, All the same material, same color, same thickness of the first run, etc. $225.00 plus s&H&ins by debit paypal or check or money order for 5 yards , width 60" Hopefully I can get the lycra at 62" and enough to make only one costume with some practice material. (I was a size 12 in mine.)

Please post all further questions on the TDH. Thanks, as I will be only reading stuff from there from here on out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.