main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zam Wessell GN ( comic spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by skawookiee, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I picked this one up today, and I enjoyed it pretty well. I don't see why it's named after Zam, because she had pretty much an equal amount to do with it as Jango. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the Jango Fett GN. I liked the art on Jango better, I liked the Indy-style plot, and I liked the characterizations better. What I liked about the Zam comic is that important signifigant things happened. It truly is a sequal to the Jango comic as it continues the story about the idol that Jango stole. The Jedi also play a signifigant part.

Big time spoilers:

Yarael Poof, on of the Jedi Council members, dies protecting Coruscant.

Also, something that I didn't know before about Episode 2 (might be considered a spoiler for those who haven't read the comic) is that Zam is a shape shifter. I think it'll be interesting to see how this plays a part in Episode 2.

All in all, I liked the comic. Not as much as Jango's comic, but I still liked it. If you have a chance to pick it up, do so. I believe it will provide a lot of background and insight into some of the prominent characters in AOTC.

2. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Yeah, I picked this one up today too. I really enjoyed the art and the story itself was nicely done. I was kind of disappointed by the fact that it wasn't Zam who killed Poof, simply because that's what rumors had been stating for a while. I guess that was a misunderstanding. All in all though, it was a really cool book, and I can't wait to pick up Jango Fett (hasn't appeared in any stores near me).

3. azazalll

azazalll Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    I also picked this up today it was a much better comic than the jango one. It also says Jango grew up on a farm which reminds me of luke and anakin. Also notice that yaddle is still on the council at the time this comic takes place.

4. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Defending Coruscant from what, may I ask ?

5. azazalll

azazalll Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Defending Coruscant from an artifact that can blow up the whole planet with the force.

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    What kind of artifact? Are they going to bary his neck seprate from his body? :D

7. azazalll

azazalll Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    It was an idle kind of like in raiders in the lost ark only it was made by force sensitives and could explode and blow up a planet apparently and Poof got stabbed in the chest. They gave him a funeral pyre like Qui-Gon.

8. skawookiee

Feb 12, 2000
    It was the idol Jango stole in his comic. It supposedly had the Force with it, and if destroyed, had the power to blow up a whole planet. The terrorist group went to about the core of Coruscant to try and blow it up so that it collapsed upon itself. Since Jango and Zam were the ones that delivered it to the terrorist group in the first place, they felt responsible for it, and when they learned of what might happen with it, they moved to stop the terrorists. Yarael Poof also got word and went to stop them.

9. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    why wouldn't Yaddle be on council? not like she got killed like that q-tip guy just did.

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    So who killed the Poof then?

11. skawookiee

Feb 12, 2000
    The terrorist guy (I don't recall his name) stabbed Poof. But I think that he would have lived if he had only been stabbed. He gav up the rest of his energy binding the Force back together in that object so that it would become stable again. He died because he used so much energy on the idol that he couldn't recover from his wound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.