main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zams a shapeshifter!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Raz Zaphon, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Oh well it seems there is the typical over reaction by some fans.
    Wow Zam's a shapeshifter, its not like it really matters in the end anyway. She dies early into the movie.
    I do think there are more interesting things to worry about.

2. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I don't like this idea, and I thought that it is rather pointless. UNLESS we see her in some interaction with the characters in one of her disguises before she dies, and we didn't realize it was her weaving her deceit until she dies.

Wasn't there a rumor about this "clawdite" being involved in a scene where Anakin force-grabs a blaster on Coruscant? Does this happen during the chase scene?

3. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    its not like T2. her outfit doesnt shapeshift with her body.

Does she take all her clothes off then, to shapeshift?

Quite stupid, if you are a shapeshifter and must change into various outfits like Mr Ben. Its T2 meets Mystique, both done before. Nothing original here, just another version of this kind of baddie.

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'll give credit where credit is due. But I can't say I really buy into this whole shape-shifter thing from Episode-X. Although there are some grey areas where sci-fi and fantasy share real estate, I feel that shape-shifting is truly an element of fantasy.

5. Ga4

Ga4 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    She'll come up behind Obi-Wan as someone else, and Obi-Wan will use the force to kill her ala Wolverine.

6. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    I love the way some say it is ripping off T2 and how it doesn't fit into the SW World. I always thought the OT could use cooler aliens, and now we finally get to see them.

Lighten up, it is going to be awesome.

7. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Oh flippin' heck, I was hoping this thread would make it to 50 posts before someone said "This is fake". Thanks alot, Sapient. Look, it comes from a reliable source. Have I ever lied before? Trust.

8. Darth_Vendetta

Darth_Vendetta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    "Quite stupid, if you are a shapeshifter and must change into various outfits like Mr Ben. " LOL
    Watto can be the shopkeeper.

I, too, remember a Ep-X staffer being coy about a clawdite and Anakin force-grabbing a blaster, but I thought it was on the freighter to Naboo... Anyone remember where it was?

9. Sligty_Worride

Sligty_Worride Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I find it funny when something new happens in a SW film, people say it's not star warsy because it hasn't been shown before in any of the other films.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    But the story flows so much better if after the Jedi finally catch up to her and begin to interrogate her, she takes a dart and dies. Why does she have to change shape and be this indestructible being?

11. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    Star Wars to me was original and built the path for all Sci Fi/Fantasy films and now it is ripping off other films. Thats not Star Wars, thats the work of Jerry Bruckheimer. If copying ideas is something which is good then why do most of the population of this world (With intelligence) hate the manufactured music which takes over every country's music charts. Star Wars is better than having to copy ideas off other films, its only my opinion but I think Zam = Shapeshifter sucks the big one. But I will live with it.

LMAO Darth Vendetta, Watto would be great as the shopkeeper. :p

12. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    Darth Vendetta, here is the thread you seek.

13. Darth_Vendetta

Darth_Vendetta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    You're right, Sapient... It does smack of shoehorning.

(EDIT: Thanks, kindly Uncle)

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Save the indestructible being for someone like a top-ranking Imperial officer or Sith.

15. Darth_Nur

Darth_Nur Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2002
    Ga4,

Except it said she's killed by Jango Fett...

16. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Who said she was indestructible?

17. Ga4

Ga4 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    Darth_Nur,
    I know that she's killed by Jango, I just thought it would be cool.

18. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I hope she doesn't turn into Captain Kirk,like that shape shifting chick from STAR TREK VI.

19. clerk

clerk Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 2, 1998
    Darth Sapient,

I'm not sure if you're right about shapeshifting being exclusively the domain of fantasy, but, even if it were, I think Star Wars has only a foot in the door of sci fi, and exists more fully as fantasy anyhow.

20. Ga4

Ga4 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    Will we see Willow in episode II then?
    Isn't he played by Kenny Baker?

21. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    "Wasn't there a rumor about this "clawdite" being involved in a scene where Anakin force-grabs a blaster on Coruscant? Does this happen during the chase scene?"

yes anakin force grabs zam's blaster. its during the chase.

"Does she take all her clothes off then, to shapeshift?"

no.

"Why does she have to change shape and be this indestructible being?"

she's not indestructible. she is an assasin. its a camouflage techinque when you need to be covert. i think it works quite well in her type of job.

22. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    damn. i think i blasted someone in another tread a few weeks ago tell him hes crazy. oh well, my bad.

i still say if shes a shapeshifter...why didnt she change her appearance in the nightclub so obiwan wouldnt recognize her.

23. 2002

2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2001
    who said she didnt? remember she's not from the x-men movie or T:2.

24. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    2002 If she doesnt take off her clothes to shapeshift, then how does she do it when you said her clothes doesnt change when she shapeshifts. Whats the point of shapeshifting, if you are wearing the same clothes?

Obi Wan: Where did she go

Anakin: Maybe you should try that Wookie who is wearing the exact same clothes as Zam was.

25. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes, please, take off your clothes. If she looks as good without clothes as she does with her little purple spandex, we ought to do well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.