Zams a shapeshifter!

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Raz Zaphon, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vendetta Jedi Master

star 1
    Wait a sec -- mebbe this is the genesis of the 'Obi-Wan fighting a clone of himself' rumour from aeons back.
    Anakin bursts into the nightclub...
    Twin Obi-Wans: "Wait!"
    Ani: "Oh, no! Which is the real Obi-Wan?"

Obi: "I guess it would be the Obi-Wan who's wearing the exact same clothes as Zam just was."
  2. Uncle Owen Force Ghost

star 4
    You guys are just looking for any reason to get Leahna to shed her clothing. :p
  3. 2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    "2002 If she doesnt take off her clothes to shapeshift, then how does she do it when you said her clothes doesnt change when she shapeshifts."

her clothes like everyone else isnt part of her dna, her genes, her body. she can change her body's appearance but she cant change the outfit she's wearing, i think.

"Whats the point of shapeshifting, if you are wearing the same clothes?"

well you think she just changes her eye color? i'm sure she can make her appearance like another race or species or creature all together. the same outfit might not help but the shapeshifting does. just b/c it isnt used perfectly here dont mean its worthless or anything. basically its when you see it your like "wow that was a cool thing to add in." nothing more then that to the viewer i think huh?
  4. admiral jimmy Jedi Master

star 4
    Zam a shapeshifter?
    Likely. The official site doesn´t feature her homeplanet nor her species in the databank.
  5. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Uncle Owen damn right. :p

Unless we find out a la Austin Powers that she was a Man all along. :(

6. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    i still say if shes a shapeshifter...why didnt she change her appearance in the nightclub so obiwan wouldnt recognize her.

leif, do me a favour and read the thread...
  7. Ga4 Force Ghost

star 3
    Yea baby yeah...no, no, no,...............yeah
  8. JangoVader Jedi Knight

star 2
    this is a bit x-menish, but who cares....wait I do!!

this is not so good IMHO....
  9. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I also think it takes some of the edge off her "death scene".

Human death: :(

Sci-fi/fantasy death: [face_plain]
  10. Billy_Masqets Jedi Knight

star 1
    I find the idea of a shapeshifter with a veil quite amusing...

8-}
  11. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounds cool. I think it should be interesting to see how her apperance changes.
  12. TickleMeBinks Jedi Knight

God, people are over reacting. It's a character who gets killed in the beginning. Personally I think it's rather cool and something new to the Star Wars universe. And who cares if the whole shapechanging idea has been used several times before? I seriously doubt it will be used in the same way as those other films. Star Wars has enough originality, it can more then afford to adopt some ideas.
  13. 2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    "I also think it takes some of the edge off her "death scene"."

how?
  14. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I stated below. It goes from being a simple human death into some sci-fi show.
  15. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    How about this? Zam sneaks up on Obi-Wan, gets her arm sliced off, gets caught, and takes a dart and then dies. I think that's enough character development for her.
  16. 2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    she gets hit with a dart and basically disengrates right? thats not a sci-fi show?
  17. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You say this special effect is ripping other movies? Lets be honest, if it wasn't for Lucas, these effects never would have been used. Another thing is, they are his movies, and if he wants someone who can change identity, so be it. What better thing for a Bounty Hunter to have. Unless she is killed, she would never be ID'd. Jango and Boba wear a mask, and her face is hers.

Who really cares, it is a special effect that will take up all but 4 seconds of the film.

18. jinky32 Jedi Knight

star 2
    How about there is no one else in star wars just zam.

Remember all those palps clone rumours? Palpatine is zam and chancellor valorum is her bitch.

erm, what else. oh yeah, yoda isn't really yoda, he's zam (or she is). Zam just pretends to be yoda to train luke for Palpatine who is also her.

Job done, saga sorted. [face_devil]
  19. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I know its Lucas's films and he has used the effects before, I just have to live with the gimmick. The arena scene alone will blow every film before it out of space unless Russel Crowe turns up as Maximus. :p
  20. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Can she take anyshape she chooses? like inpersonate someone? If that were true, EU would probably bring back everyone, Anakin, Jabba, Yoda, Palpatine, saying they were all Clawdites when they die [face_plain]

:p
  21. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    >>she gets hit with a dart and basically disengrates right? thats not a sci-fi show?<<

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying that the death of alien creatures are any less tragic than those of human creatures.
    The show is not in the means of death, but in what she is at the point of death.

I think the edge comes when you realize that, though she is evil, she was basically used by these people and thrown away like a piece of trash. That doesn't excuse her actions, but I do think it makes her death somewhat tragic. That edge is still there.

But it seems to be taken off and overshadowed by a rather pointless display of what kind of creature she is. I don't have a problem with them using the shapeshifter idea. But this could have been pointed out before her death scene. But maybe it's part of the plot, how she uses this shapeshifting ability to go covert and when she dies the audience realizes who she was. But I still think it could be handled before her death

[end fanboy rant] 8-}
  22. Ga4 Force Ghost

star 3
    It's an EUer's dream come true.
  23. 2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    well TK i dont think this small FX shot overshadows what you saying. i think the shapeshifting is there just to show that there was more to her then they had thought. it shows that appearances can be decieving. it kinda has a double meaning i think.

but whatever it could be taken many different ways but its a cool FX shot. big deal.

24. Darth Sin Force Ghost

star 5
    I am sure that maybe Palpatine/Sidious, if he had the time he would like to have maybe gotten an individual of Zam's species to become his next apprentice.

Now a new can of worms has been opened!! :_| Forgive me, I just had to do it.

Fan boys may now celebrate this occasion!! :D

Now be on the lookout for someone creating a thread entitled something like this:

"What if Dooku/Tyranus is a shapeshifter"?? :_|

Darth Sin! :cool:
  25. Uncle Owen Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks DarthSin, you just had to say it didn't you? I felt guilty about joking that maybe Zam was Aurra. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.