main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zams a shapeshifter!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Raz Zaphon, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    I only shapeshift and turn into Sapient on weekends between the hours of 2:38pm and 5:22pm PST.

SO.... when is someone going to start a "Palpatine is shapeshifter!" thread?

2. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Why create a thread about something so obvious? ;)

3. Ralph_Brown

Ralph_Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2001
    I think Lucas should call me in to the added shoots and film a scene on Naboo where Zam "changes" into me and plants a bomb on Padme's cruiser.

4. YetiMan

YetiMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    Shape shifters have been around since man began to make legends. And Mystique has to be THE dumbest shape shifter ever.
    1) She shape shifts her body into clothes. What happens when she sweats? "Umm excuse me senator but your jacket is sweating." And if she didn?t sweat how did her body cool itself? Is she a mouth breather like a dog? Is she able to control her sweating, EVEN during moments of physical exertion?
    What happens when a butler offers to take her coat? Does he rip a few layers of skin off her?
    2) She was always instantly able to mimic voice and mannerisms of her victims regardless of how little time she observed them.
    3) In the comics She was able to pass security checkpoints by mimicking fingerprints, and duping retinal eye scans. How could she know the patterns to such things when she had not researched or observed her target?

Shape shifters would also have to be masters of disguise, expert mimics, accomplished seamstresses, master forgers and competent observers of human behavior to truly take advantage of their talent. Unless they are using it to just throw a pursuer off their trail in a chase. Then they could go for simple visual trickery.
    Shape shifters would also naturally be able to camouflage themselves to blend in to the surroundings. It?s the same talent, altering their skin patterns like a chameleon.

5. SySnooty

SySnooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2002
    Zam = Salacious Crumb

6. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Mr. Brown!!! Where have you been? What projects are you working on now? Can you fax me your autograph?

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    It's Ralph Brown. He posted that he should be considered for added shots and a Naboo scene. It's Ralph Brown and he is posting.

8. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Number one:

"Zam Wesell is of a species called Clawdites. The special thing about a Clawdite is: it can change its appearance. Or to put it bluntly: Zam Wesell is a shapeshifter!

When she is assassinated by Jango Fett, she goes through her guises back to her original state. Not very pretty I can assure you! I?d say it looks sort of orkish, if you follow me"

this is the quote.

It never states anywhere that her clothing doesnt change shape too. So that can pretty much be put to rest.

That was something someone in here came up with.

Number two:

Being a shapeshifter does not automatically equal growing back limbs or indestructability.

9. YetiMan

YetiMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    Yeah but the whole clothing changing shape thing is just stupid. It always has been stupid. And had never really made sense, like when dracula turns into a bat. His clothes just vanish and appear when He needs them? Wouldn't he be bare butted?

Why haven't we seen any figures of Zam in her 'Orc' form yet? Have there been any rumors about that at all? I think this may be crossed wires, and another character is going to be the shapeshifter.

10. Darth_Vendetta

Darth_Vendetta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    http://www.zam-wesell.com/

Somebody should drop the bombshell on these guys. BIG DEVELOPMENT.

I've been home from work a few hours now and I've had time to digest this, and I think I have it. Call it reaching, but...

Seeing as how the only mention so far of Zam's shape-changing is when she dies at the hands of Jango -- what if she's not a shape-shifter, but this 'transformation' into an "orc-like" creature (very imaginative description) is the effect of the kyber dart?
    Bear with me - I'm not saying the kyber dart turns people into orcs (!) but what if the dart sucks the life out of a victim, and they shrivel up and die like the dude at the end of The Last Crusade? Only... their face... shrivels and contorts... and you look like... an orc. Or Skrull. Whatever...
    Maybe Kaminoan technology can create life by sucking the life out of... Maybe Ep-X was wrong?

Anyone?

No?

Okay.

You can see where am going with this.

I've been over this and over this, and I can't think of a single reason why Lucas would make Zam a shape-shifter for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. So it's not mentioned in (I know, I know) the EU section of the above Zam fansite (I don't do my own EU research - heh) and seeing as how the prequel books are alledgedly supposed to slot in quite nicely with the movies, you'd think it would at least get a mention in the Jango/Zam Mighty Marvel Team-Up-type thing?
    Zam + shape-shifter = pretty f---ing important character detail!

Despite Ep-X's exemplary track record, my offical stance will have to be: I don't believe a word of it.

11. Darth_Hansen

Darth_Hansen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    I like that!!

12. dark_phoenix

dark_phoenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    it sounds cool i also want a shapeschifter beter yet claudia shiffer :confused:

13. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Good one, DV. It's alot easier to think Zam turns into a prune or something as a result of the Kyber Dart hitting her as opposed to her showing a talent for shapeshifting while she dies. Even in a Star Wars movie.

14. MrEmh

MrEmh Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 1999
    I think I'll believe this tidbit only when I see it.

15. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    the EU already has a shapeshifter species,they are called the shi'ido, so if this is true[taken with a grain of salt] that means we got 2 shapeshifting species.

16. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    This is quite unbelievable news. Interesting to say the least.

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Here is Zam and her brother. They are both shape-shifters.

[image=http://www.electricferret.com/battle/pics/twins.gif]

18. Darth_Vendetta

Nov 13, 2001
    Which one's which?

Can't never tell...

19. Vonn

Vonn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I can't believe you guys!

You all must have REALLY SHORT MEMORIES if you think the idea of shape shifting comes from T2 or X-men.

Did it every occur to you guys that by making Zam a shapeshifter, she is not just a bounty hunter. It makes her the ULTIMATE assassin!

It is not a copy from T2 or X-men. It is a traditional idea that assassins need to be masters of disguise.

Look at The Jackal, for instance. Yes, I'm talking about BOTH the Bruce Willis movie and the original. What about "In the Line of Fire" with Clint Eastwood.

Heck, there was a changeling assasin in Krull.

And it is silly to think that SW is always original and doesn't copy. Flash Gordon had space ships and battles long before ANH came out. I don't see any of you complaining about that.

It has been a common theme is a LOT of stories in that the best assassins are the ones who can change their appearance (via disguise). What makes Zam so special is the fact that she physically can done a new disguise.

I think making Zam a changeling differentiates her from Jango. Instead of being brute force and tough like Jango, she uses stealth and cunning. She is not just a bounty hunter like Jango. She is an assassin. And the best assassins are the ones who can change their appearance.

I can't believe so many of you didn't pick up on that.

20. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Mission Impossible [face_plain] while not shapeshifting still the spies take on a different identity

21. Darth_Vendetta

Nov 13, 2001
    Dude, Bruce Willis was NOT a shape-shifter.

I know what you're saying, but we have no evidence that Zam uses her shape-changing talents in AOTC to asassinate Padme or otherwise, at least according to the scriptments.

It's plain old dumb to spuriously reveal "Oh, yeah, she was a shape-shifter" when she dies. WTF is the point other than to arouse EU fanboys? Read: Aurra Sing, who by the way, doesn't exist.

Another theory for this Mickey Mouse thread: Maybe Zam cycles through her various guises, like her life is flashing before her eyes.
    "There's me on my thirteenth birthday, Dad and I mimicked a daddy taun-taun and a baby taun-taun that day..."

Still don't believe it.

22. Master_Ben

Master_Ben Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    If Zam's a shapeshifter it is a complete cop out of X-Men. Remeber the part where Wolverine catchs on to Mystique? The Nightclub scene is an EXACT replica of that.

23. Zanath

Zanath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2002
    What's your point? It's not like shape-shifting was invented in X-men. It existed way before it. I don't see why we have to make such a big deal out of it.

24. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Actually, before TPM I wondered if there's be a shapeshifter in SW. It's just such a commonly used plot device it seemed that they'd get around to it sooner or later.

To me it's not the concept itself but the fact that since T2 and to a lesser extend the Abyss, shape shifting has been done with the same effect, morphing (even Willoe sort of aceived the same effect without CGI). Since then, that effect has been done to death. Star Trek VI, Deep Space Nine, X-Men, most vampire and werewolf movies, even movies like the Devil's Advocate. I bet you could download this software from the net. The Matrix tried to do it differently and it didn't really work, FX guy even said so.

But who knows. Maybe ILM will make it look new and different and it'll be cool. Maybe just her skeletal structure changes under her skin or something.

25. Darth_Vendetta

Nov 13, 2001
    I actually thought Mystique looked good in X-Men, we'd not seen that before. Kind of unnaturally... natural, like a chameleon.

Still don't believe it. I need confirmation in the shape of a spy report clearly stating 'Zam does her shape-shifting thing in an attempt on Padme's life'. Otherwise, there's no room for it in a already crowded flick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.