Zams a shapeshifter!

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Raz Zaphon, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtMaul Jedi Master

star 4
    This article was taken from the upcoming Fangoria and should shed some light on this report:

FM: Is it true that the bounty hunter Zam Wessel is also a shapeshifter called a Clawdite in the upcoming movie?

GL: Yes.

FM: A shapeshifter is an unprecedented alien lifeform in the Star Wars universe. Why did you choose to explore that route?

GL: A friend of mine over at Paramount wondered if I could do anything to save the 'Trek' franchise. He [Brannon] drove up to the ranch one day and we sat and talked about tying the two film franchises together. We ultimately realized that by making Zam a shapeshifter or "changeling" we could introduce a Delta quadrant subplot in Episode 3 and pull in Renee Auberjonois who was delightful as Odo.

FM: Sounds fantastic... Any chance for more Star Trek crossover cameos for Episode 3?

GL: Well I really like the timeship "Tapestry" concept, so we may bring back some major characters like Barkley or Wesley Crusher.

FM: Episode II: Attack of the Clones opens in theaters May 16.
  2. Jaden Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sweet! Bring on Episode III! :cool:
  3. NovaStarslayer Jedi Knight

star 3
    reminds me of the shape-shifting bounty hunters in the critters movies.

i'm thinking when we see Zam shapeshift through past identities during her death, someone we see at the beginning of the movie during padme's first assassination (ie. a guard... maybe even Typho? is he in the movie after the second assassination attempt?) will be one of the identites. this would tie Zam to the first attempt as well the 2nd (if not, how do we know for certain that they're both by the same assassin? one of the recent spy reports at Ep-X mentions with seeming-certainty that the 1st one is Zam's doing, too)... and give the shapeshifting/death throes scene more relevance to the story.
  4. Buttbuttinate Jedi Padawan

Zam is actually Dooku, who will reveal themselves to be Tyrannus !
  5. NovaStarslayer Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh]

LMAO @ ArtMaul's article.

Sounds about right.
  7. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe in the whole shape-shifter thing at all. She is what she is and that's all that she is.
  8. Darth_Vendetta Jedi Master

star 1
    I just checked Ep-X again (still don't believe it) and I noticed that they've italicised the word 'reliable' when describing their new source. Was that there before?

And are they trying to convince us or themselves?
  9. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've not kept up with E-X spies much (other than the common ones like SI), but I don't ever remember hearing much of j-t-t before.
  10. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    She is a bounty hunter who has all the same earthly traits as humans. She tries to kill Kenobi, loses an arm, and dies as a result of Jango's dart. Period!
  11. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe it, its just I dont like the fact that Zam is a shapeshifter and can change her shape into anything and is probably the most easiest to kill individual in the prequels.

Now surely, someone with shapeshifting abilities would be a bit more harder to kill. I hope and pray that it is the khyber dart that makes her change. If not I will live with it.

Just thank god GL didnt use NSYNC Cloned Jedi Shapeshifters.

12. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    What makes you believe it?
  13. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that Episode X have got a source and most of the stuff which is coming from there is on the button.

What I dont get though, is how if TFN posted something like this about Zam and it was true - Lucasfilm would be on their back to remove it like a flash.

I remember the people from Episode X saying that Zam is not what we believe her to be last week. This is obviously what they were on about.

Sapient, you asked for Jedi fighting styles and they havent come through with this and it seemed like they had the info at the same time as this info. This is also what I would like to hear about.

Zam being a shapeshifter is something which I think ILM would like to mess around with and show off their skills. I am not saying that it is right, but its one element which has not been touched in the SW saga.

IMO it would be wrong to use a shapeshifter who is a master of disguise and then after one chase, is easily caught and killed. Now for a Bounty Hunter who posseses this skill, it seems a bit lame.

I believe it Sapient because when I seen how Zam would look myself, I thought there must be more to her than this.

I think that Episode X know more than they are letting on, I still find it weird how no one has come down upon them or Confirmed this report.

So it could be false but my money is on her being a shapeshifter.
  14. Darth_Vendetta Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't think there will be much to Zam's character - she's essentially Would-be Assassin #1. What other function does she serve? Nada, according to the scriptment.

Also, this new source, j-something, I might have missed one, but I think it's his first report. All the exclusives they've been getting recently have been from other spies.

I'm even starting to believe my own kyber dart theory... 'Zam is Prune-Face', anyone?
  15. smallpaul Force Ghost

star 3
    I am not sure I believe it but think of the possibility for classic humor ala OT, Indiana Jones......Zam shifts back to her true form, OB1, "I think I liked her better the old way".
  16. exar-tull Force Ghost

star 5
    they say the proof is in putting, we'll just have to wait for movie or for it to be on the official site to confirm this in her bio or an anoucment.
  17. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'm totally convinced she's a hot female bounty hunter wearing tight purple spandex who dies at the hands of a Kyber Dart.
  18. jinky32 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Darthsapient. Check your PM
  19. Esgalagar Jedi Knight

Can I have some of that PM aswell?

k, thx, bye
  20. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope you are right Sapient.

I can live with the shapeshifter idea but if she shapeshifts into Aurra Sing, I think that will be plain sad.
  21. Marsguo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Odo from DS9 has the same voice as Ric Olié in the German versions , so that could be a clue ;)

But I really believe in the kyber dart theory at the moment rather than her being a shapshifter.

what does ein schwei drei mean ?
  22. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
  23. Esgalagar Jedi Knight

24. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    Big Deal! She's about as effective with Obi-Wan as Pondo Boba was in ANH! Loses her arm and then gets taken out by Jango, whole lotta good those shapeshifting abilities came in hand for! Maybe she could shapeshift herself onto Babylon 5 or Farscape!!!! "move along, move along..."
  25. ArtMaul Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's my honest opinion of this. I do not believe Zam is a shapeshifter, and It hink whoever leaked this is confused as to what her abilities are. In the Mystery trailer we see Obi-Wan slice off her hand with the lightsaber in the nightclub. Although Dr. Evizan and Ponda Baba get sliced up in the Cantina by Obi-Wan, I don't think the kid friendly Star Wars of today would do such a thing. I'll be you my large popcorn that her hand grows back after he slices it off --
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.