main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zanoma Sekot(RP) in the NJO (***SPOILERS!***)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ben_07, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    What signafigance do you think Zanoma Sekot will have in the NJO?

The description for Foce Heretic I: Renmant is that as Leia convinces the Imperial Renmant to ally with the New Republic; Luke, Mara, and Jacen go to Zanoma Sekot to find its secrets.

I always knew Zanoma Sekot would eventually be in the NJO, since Vergere and the Yuuzhan Vong played a major role on it(Read ROGUE PLANET).

I predict that the being "Sekot" will play a large role in ridding the galaxy of the YV, by extending her (don't know right word to say) through the entire galaxy as the Magister once thought she could. For those who haven't read Rogue Planet I'll describe "Sekot" later.

Please post your ideas!

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    It will somehow be a turning point

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    The information it will bring will be of the utmost importance.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    What's Zanoma Sekot? I know what Zonama Sekot is, but I've never heard of this other

5. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    You and your spelling correctness

6. ben_07

Aug 8, 2002
    Sekot is the actual mind of the entire planet Zanoma Sekot. Vergere witnessed Sekot's "birth" a year or two before Rogue Planet, the time of the Phantom Menace about. Sekot could control anything that entered the planet, including destroying anything on it. Sekot made friends with Anakin when he and Obi-wan traveled to Zanoma Sekot to investigate Vergere's disappearance there. They learn she voluntered to save the planet and prevent the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy that would have happened during The Phantom Menace, not 50 years later, so in a way Vergere temporarily saved the galaxy since the Old Republic then was corrupt and had no starfleet or army. The Magister, ex-ruler of Zanoma Sekot who was killed during the first YV invasion, believed that Sekot covered all of the entire galaxy with her powers. I believe in the Force Heretic Trilogy Jacen and the others teach Sekot how she can expand her powers to the entire galaxy like the Magister once thought she could and wipe out the entire Yuuzhan Vong fleet. With Sekot as the New Republic's ally, no threat will ever come across the galaxy again, and Star Wars ends after 50 years of straight wars, and go back to the way it was before the Palpatine, the Sith and even the evil Trade Federation Blockede of Naboo that started it all in a galaxy, far, far away...

7. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    No way that it will end everything

8. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Okay, now I wish I'd gone and read RP. I didn't because of the cover and at the time I wasn't too concerned about prequal era events.

But can someone help me out here- how exactly does anakin communicate with Sekot? Simply through the force, or is there some physical manifestation of the mind sekot- ie, a person or landmark or whatever?

And how does it 'control' people and events that are on the planet? indirectly by causing 'natural' events to occur or directly but commanding them through the force somehow?

Eh- so many questions, so much ignorance.

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I haven't read RP for a long time, but I think its through the Force.

10. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    actually its a bit of both(force and physical)

possible spoilers for RP if you havent read it

Anakin has a bunch of seeds that are used to make the ships in it attached to him. they all become mentally linked through the force. awhile back when vergere was around, some of the seeds belonged to her. she then put a messege in them for a jedi(whoever was looking for her) who just happened to be Anakin. he saw the messege in a dream, or the view port thing.

i cant remember which. but thats basically it. very good read.

End spoilers.

11. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Sekot shows itself to Anakin in the form of a person I believe. It talks about having half of itself burned by the Vong. Then it uses its big engines and leaves.

12. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Again, what is Zanoma Sekot? Zonama Sekoot was the primary location of Rogue Planet. But Zanoma Sekot was not mentioned in the book. Was it Sekot's long lost sister planet?

13. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    you and your spelling.

i guess it kinda bugs me too. and i probably spelled it wrong!!! :eek:

14. Noghri_ViR

Noghri_ViR Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Again, what is Zanoma Sekot? Zonama Sekoot was the primary location of Rogue Planet. But Zanoma Sekot was not mentioned in the book. Was it Sekot's long lost sister planet?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Who appointed you spelling nazi?

15. darthjarjarbinks

Jan 3, 2000
    Okay then. Thanks to Sith and Cypher for the input.

I'll have to go and pick that up this holidays. That and traitor. Shall be a welcome break from law and philosophy. I wish I could do my arts major in star wars literature and my law major in... i dunno... star wars law... or something...

16. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    hey it could happen!!!

17. ben_07

Aug 8, 2002
    The planet in RP is called Zanoma Sekot. Zanoma is the actual planet of rock, Sekot is the living things on it. So the being in control of the life on planet is obviously just called Sekot. Sekot communicated to Anakin by creating images of peoplehe had already seen there, like the dead Magister and his daughter Jabitha. The people leave Zanoma Sekot, but of couse Sekot stays since she's the personification of the Force, but just on that planet. The Magister, whose father was an ex-jedi who was banished because of his beliefs, taught Vegere the Potenium Heresis that his father taught him, and Verger eventually tells Jacen it in Traitor. Anything else, people?

18. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Spelling Nazi: No words for you!!!

19. darthjarjarbinks

Jan 3, 2000
    sweet, ben thanks.

20. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Hmmm, I'm glad to be humbled for my misspelling of Sekot. However, the spelling of Zonama Sekot is like the spelling of Rogue Squadron. Try to point out as kindly as possible that one is misspelling with out saying "you spelled it wrong, are you an idiot?" Their not an idiot. But just looking at Rogue Planet you'll find the first a comes after the n in Zonama, not before.

21. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    Does this strike anyone as a tad too mystic and D&D ish?

22. ben_07

Aug 8, 2002
    Up...

I think what I listed above are major spoilers since Zanoma Sekot has been confirmed to be in the NJO.

23. ben_07

Aug 8, 2002
    Up, please reply.

24. ben_07

Aug 8, 2002
    This is interesting, so POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Ah.

I've been wondering about what 'Zonoma' and 'Sekot' actually were, so thanks for the explanation :) (I skimmed RP)

I think that they might find some biological weapon or weakness of the YV there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zonoma an extremely biologically rich planet where everything was made of live material? :D
    There also might be something left of the YV attack that provides a clue to the folks... hmm?

~monogpfm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.