main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Zanthos: Beginnings - Part 1 (Of 4) - Chapter 3 Added September 24th 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Zanthos: Beginnings
    Part 1 (Of 4)

Timeframe: A long time ago in a galaxy far far from The Saga. Thousands of years before TPM.

Genre: Alternate Universe, Adventure, Action, Drama, Slight Horror (?), Eventual Romance, My attempt at Epic type story telling.

Characters: Original Characters. Zanthos Sacirius, Daved Sacirius, plenty of other OC?s.

Summary: The personification of the dark side is born. Details Zanthos? beginning?s from the womb to young adulthood.

Notes:
    I?ve used Zanthos in some other stories, but this is his official beginning.

Prolouge
    The beginning of the beginning

Daved Sacirius was a simple man of the planet Roon. He worked as a fisherman on the vast sea?s of the planet. He would be away from his wife Verri for weeks to months at a time collecting robust amounts of fish to bring back to the markets all around Roon.

Just before he had left for his most recent expedition, Verri had told Daved she was pregnant. He had been elated ever since hearing the news, and quickly shared the great news with all of his peers and co-workers. He hoped secretly it would be a little girl, for some reason, that had always been his dream. But he would love the child, no matter the gender.

Finally his dream of really starting a family was going to come true. He hoped to be back for the middle of his wife?s term, and by then he would have enough money to stay with her throughout the winter season, when she was expected to make delivery. He so badly wanted to be there, when his first child was born.

He wasn?t a rich man, but he had invested wisely over the first few years of his marriage, and now that extra disciple in his financial life was going to pay off for him.

The fish were plentiful by the middle of the trip. Daved knew he would be able to spend those precious few months with his beautiful wife, and perhaps a few weeks with their newly born child, who was destined to be just as gorgeous.

It would have its mother?s eyes, he had often thought with a smile. His mind always seemed to be on her, and the expected. But it did not distract from his work. In fact it made him more motivated.

He was making the captain a lot of money, as well as himself with his extra effort. It did not go unnoticed. Daved was oblivious at the time, but his boss had planned on giving him an extra bonus after the trip, for his dedication to his vessel.

He thought it was well deserved and generous, as Daved could take even more time off afterwards, if he so chose.

But there was still half a trip to complete. The coolant freezer?s still had plenty of room for more fish, and the crew was heading into dangerous cold waters to look for a certain type of fish. They would be between many mountains and glaciers, just getting their would be dangerous, but the rewards would be great if they succeeded. Daved wasn?t worried though. He had done it at least a handful of times before, and never felt any immediate danger.

If he thought it to be dangerous this time, he certainly would not have gone, knowing his wife?s condition. He would make it back one way or another to see his child. He would watch his child grow into an adult, and lead a happy simple life, as he did on Roon. Have children of their own one day, and be happy, as he was at that very moment.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That seems like it should be a happy little fic... one filled with warmth and love, but I worry that things will not go as smoothly as it looks.

Very nice start darksideyesplease.

3. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    You are correct on that assumption, Leona.

I'm afraid things will start out a bit slow in this story, but I promise it will be well worth the wait. I'm going to try to get the first post up tonight, and we will meet Daved's wife, and see how her pregnancy with little Zanthos is going. :)

4. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter One
    Meet Verri

Verri enjoyed a lavish breakfast at her parent?s home on Roon. She had been staying with them during the pregnancy, until Daved was to return. Her child was now five months along. She had promised Daved that they would not find out the gender of the child, until it was born.

She secretly wanted to know if it was a little boy or girl she were carrying, but she stuck to the word she gave her husband, and let it remain a surprise.

?Do you want some more, dear?? Verri?s mother, Jaleen asked.

Verri shook her head adamantly. She had, had quite enough, even eating for two. Her mother?s cooking was fantastic, but only she could stomach so much.

?No thanks Mom. I think it?s kicking because it?s so full.? She smiled.

Jaleen rolled her eyes and took the pan of food away and set it on the counter.

?So? When is Daved supposed to be returning?? Her mother prodded for the one millionth time.

?Mother! I?ve told you, he will be here for the delivery, he promised me. He?s never let me down before.?

?Okay, fine.? Her mother stopped asking questions and tended to her own breakfast consumption.

Verri could feel a slight rumble in her stomach. She first passed it off as indigestion or the baby kicking. Then it became more volatile. She grabbed her arched belly and fell from the chair to the tiled floor of the kitchen.

?Verri!? Her mother gasped.

?The baby? Something is wrong with the baby!? Verri cried. A small bit of blood filled the left side of her cheek, as she let it run out of her mouth, and it dripped to the floor.

?Verri!? Her mother yelled again, trying to help her up. ?I?ll call a healer.?

~~

The fish were plentiful. The farther they got from land, the bigger the fish got. Everyone on this crew would go home with a small fortune from this particular trip.

Daved was ecstatic about the possibilities of spending more time with his young wife than he had ever before. He would be there for the early stages of his child?s life; it was more than he could have ever asked for.

To be with Verri and their young child as something he had always aspired too. Ever since he was a young boy, he couldn?t wait to have a family of his own. He was always the responsible one amongst his peers. Still to this day, Verri saw him as the most responsible man she had ever met.

He was a good provider, although she wished she had more time to spend with him. It would one day be worth it, he would always tell her. When they could retire early, and spend every waking moment with each other. Until they grew absolutely sick of each other, he would joke.

That was a comforting thought to them both. To ever be around someone you loved so much, that it hurt to spend another waking moment with them; was a dream that not too many people could indulge in.

~~

Jaleen took her daughter to the nearest healer?s office. He had rushed her in, and taken all the proper steps to assure the babies safety, as well as the mother?s.

?Hmm.? The Healer said to himself, as he rubbed his chin.

?What is it? What?s wrong with my baby?? Verri cried.

?These sonogram photos reveal that your baby has three tumors on its brain.? The Healer broke the news.

Verri looked to her mother, who gripped her hand tightly to comfort her young daughter.

?Mother!? Verri?s voice grasped.

The Healer turned from the photo and saw the dire concern on the two women?s faces.

?There is good news though. The tumors do not seem to be malignant.? He smiled.

?What does that mean?? Jaleen broke into the conversation.

?I?m not quite sure. I think he will be healthy. Once he is older perhaps there could be surgery done, but I?m not so sure it will be necessary.?

?Doctor, what are you saying? Why was there blood pouring from my daughter?s mouth this morning?? Jaleen?s voice turned to ice.

The Healer shrugged. He didn?t have a definite answer.

?His midichlorian count is very high; the Jedi might want to know that information.?

?He?? Verri gaspe

5. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    I know there isn't much to reply to so far, but if anyone is reading, I have chapter 2 written. It still isn't quite as long as I'd like, but it gets more interesting.

I'll post sometime. [face_whistling]

6. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter Two

Verri?s health had deteriorated over the next six weeks. Now twenty-six weeks into her pregnancy, she was bed ridden and constantly had Roonian flu. In the morning she would crawl to the bathroom and regurgitate half of the previous night?s meal.

It was as if the child was getting its food, but she could not hold anything down herself. Several different healers came to the home trying to diagnose her. Even a specialty doctor from another system had been transported in, but he had no luck either.

Verri became worried that she would not survive long enough to give birth, but she wasn?t the only one. Healers were constantly breaking that news to Jaleen, who would not hear any of it. Verri wasn?t sure if she was hallucinating or not, but she could have sworn she heard her mother say.

?The child is evil! It?s killing my daughter!?

But Verri passed it off as a dream. Her mother would never say such a thing; about the beautiful thing growing inside of her.

Where are you Daved? I need you with me. I don?t have the strength to go on any longer without your support.

Verri prayed to the God?s daily to bring Daved home to her. She thought just seeing her love?s face would bring her out of this sickly state. He was her cure, she thought.

~~

A child shall be born

A child shall be born that is stronger than all others

A child shall be born that is created of the darkness

Within this darkness comes a will

A will to kill

A will to destroy

A will to dominate all life

The life must take life to survive

Then and only then

Will it become its destiny

The ultimate tool of the Galaxy

The ultimate tool of the Sith religion

A child shall be born

The personification of the dark side shall be born

A GOD shall be born

~~

?There?s another one.? Daved said proudly, as him and a crewmate threw another fish in the cooler.

?We are on quite a roll.? The man smiled back.

?And we are going to be rolling in a pile of credits my friend!? Daved slapped him on the back, as they went back to work to catch another fish.

The day grew dark as did Daved?s mood. Somehow he could feel his wife?s pain. The trip was almost over, as the freezers were almost full to capacity. He was becoming increasingly impatient, but would not voice his concerns to anyone. For fear of thinking he was crazy.

But he knew in his heart of hearts, something was terribly wrong now. As if something in the air had traveled all this way to whisper in his ear. His Verri was sick, and he had to go to her. The only way to get to her would be to fill those coolers up with fish, until it couldn?t hold one more.

He worked like a man possessed by a greater good. It wasn?t about the credits any longer. It was about Verri. It was about their child.

I?m coming Verri! Hold on!

7. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Nice start! It will be interesting to hear the backstory to the character that keeps popping up in your stories.

8. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter 3

Zanthos Sacirius was born on a cold and somber evening. The air felt as if it had dew in it from the previous day?s rain showers. The humidity made it hard to breathe.

Verri died as she gave birth to the awkward looking child.

Daved wept openly as the grandparents went to look at the new addition to the family. Verri?s parents were quite upset but tried to stay strong for Daved.

He had made it back sometime ago to be with his wife the last days of her pregnancy. She had become very ill. The healer?s said it was because of the child.

Thanks to holographs and other machinery, Verri?s healers knew that Zanthos had three non-malignant brain tumors. They did not seem to threaten his life yet the lumps on the cortex of his brain made little sense if not to hurt the child.

Zanthos? skin was a dulled grey. He had no hair; nor the pores to ever bare hair on any part of his body. The healers had no explanation. They could only describe him as some kind of mutant, and he quickly became the talk of the medical facility.

Healer?s from around the galaxy were being contacted. The family as well as the medical staff were in search for any answers to this child?s mysterious ailments.

Besides the obvious defects he seemed to be healthy and happy.

Daved had come to visit after several hours. He had not shaken the thoughts of seeing his beloved wife dead. It was as if some dark force had taken her from him. She had grown weaker as the baby had grown stronger as if he was taking her life to supplement his own.

Daved looked into the ward at his son. He cried once more as he swore the child had a smirk on his face. Daved would not tell anyone but he believed that this baby knew exactly what he had done.

He had killed Verri, his childhood sweet heart.

But that was ludicrous; Daved would try to tell himself. But somewhere deep in his soul he knew there was more.

Daved and the new grandparents took Zanthos home after a few days as they united as a family to help Daved through his loss. Verri?s parents also needed to be close to family so it was mutually beneficial.

Over the next several weeks, Daved eventually forgot about the smirk his son had seemingly given him the night of his birth. Zanthos had a face only a mother could love, yet he had grown on Daved. He knew it was silly to blame his infant son for the death of Verri.

That is until Jaleen, Verri?s mother was found dead with the crèche lying on her chest, giggling and laughing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.