main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zayne's World - the EUC home of Zayne Carrick and his Fellowship

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] OMG! WTH?! OMG! :eek:
    Nope, that was not expected. [face_hypnotized]

Every time something is revealed about Jarael, it just raises up more questions. It's teasing, but it's really bringing to the 'grand mystery'.I can't wait for the next issue!!!

2. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Interesting observation: Jarael's "shadowy figure" in the dream is almost certainly Chantique of Crucible fame. Which brings up the exceptionally important question of exactly how Masks is going to fit into this larger, Jarael-oriented metaplot.

Also, how many issues before Z/J becomes a reality? :p (Just don't post that particular pair of letters anywhere near the Zekk thread! :p )

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Not being a gamer, I pretty much expected to be lost or confused with today's issue since I don't know nuthin 'bout no Revan - but for totally Zayne fangirl reasons, I loved this issue!!

Zayne: "This is not a circus act--And I'm not a clown." Best. line. ever!!! :D

And I seriously choked on my Frosty at the pseudo-Z/J shippy scene! [face_love] Still crossing my fingers for the real deal someday. (Hopefully with non-cartoony art. [face_blush])

4. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Cool issue. :D

I approve of the Zarael/Jayne kind-of-scene in this issue! [face_dancing]
    (oh dear, I'm such a fangirl!)
    When I brought the comic home, it fell from my hands and opened right on the page with the kiss. Needless to say there was lots of OMGing, but in the end it wasn't as Z/J-ish and grand as I had expected. Shoot! :p XD

And Zayne still didn't say where he went on his "vacation". [face_thinking] Which Resources was he talking about?!? Next few issue will no doubt be interesting.

As a huge game & Revan fan - I'm slightly disappointed as I expected more of Revan for this issue. Oh well.

5. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    I would have liked to see more on Revan, but this is Zayne's story. Too much Revan would just be teasing :p

As for Zayne and Jarael: the kiss may have been fake, but their relationship, whatever it is, definintely seems to solidify all the time. They emerge from every fight or disagreement stronger. And now, they'll be spending more time together by choice.

6. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005

Yup. That's what matters, I guess. :)

And yes, this is Zayne's story, I had just hoped for a little more of Revan's "screentime", as in a background story. It was a bit too much to root for the Mullet-Man to make an appearance :)p), but oh well. At least we got some pretty good images. The art was a bit cartoony, but Chan's Zayne reminded me of Dustin Weaver's Zayne, and Force knows we don't get as nearly enough of his work as we should these days.

So yeah, if you'll excuse me, I have some icons to make. :D ;)

7. DarthYan

DarthYan Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 2009
    Eh, I'm still pretty sure Zayne will wind up with Shel in the end, although I am also expecting a lot of soap opera style arguments about Zayne cheating with Jarael. But I'm looking forward to the inevitable battle between Chantique and Jarael, and the fight against the crucible

8. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    I actually prefer Ching to the cartoony style we see sometimes in this series, but I do like Chan's Zayne. Especially the sideburns he's got growing in :p

As for Zayne's relationships, with the way trouble follows him around I think he'll need someone who can keep up and take care of herself :p
    Ooh ooh, and how much yall wanna bet Zayne and/or Jarael decide it best if he goes back to Shel, only to find she's moved on because she thought Z/J were together? About the level of luck he can expect, huh?

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    No! No Shel!!! [face_shame_on_you] Only Jarael! The fangirl has spoken.

:p :p :p

10. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    To be honest, I like Zayne/Shel. I just find the idea of Zayne/Jarael creepy. I mean Jarael's older then him and is in her late twenties and zayne's like 19 at this point. I'm sorry, but I just don't like it.

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Plenty of relationships have one person being quite a bit older than the other. My stepfather and mother have a 9 year difference in age and they have a strong one.

And Amon_Amarth, please tell me when you make more icons of Zayne

12. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    The thing I like about Shel is that she isn't some exoitic action girl, but a rather plain (if attractive) girl who Zayne has always been into. Plus, after that emotional reconcilliation in Knights of Suffering part 3, I kind of wanted them to get together. The whole, average dude falls in love with exotic action chick who's older then him just strikes me as both really wierd and really dull.

If you like Zayne/Jarael that's fine, I just don't like it, and would kind of prefer Shel and Zayne as a couple.

13. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I'd just like to see Zayne get together with somebody. Three kisses so far in the series and not one of them has been real. Poor kid...:(

14. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    Tell me about it.

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    And I was always under the impression that Jarael was in her mid twenties. Older than Zayne, but not too much. Kind of like the (in)famous Anakin-Padme age difference case.

I kind of always preferred the "second romance" - the one which hero finds on his epic journey, most usually with a party member / person he has gone through so many difficulties from which they emerged stronger and together, rather than the romance from childhood / life the hero left behind. I feel that the bond in the first case is stronger and more profound. (An example, Richard/Kahlan and Anna, for all those watching the Legend of the Seeker series or reading Terry Goodkind).

@PointGiven: will do. :) Glad you liked them.

As for the kisses, even though I am a fangirl and would like more of J/Z moments, I don't think Zayne is a character that would chase after girls all day long. Which was understandable when he was still trying to clear his name and was running away from the galaxy, but even now, he's a busy man. We don't know what he was up to on his "vacation"; it appears that there is some greater stuff going on. But on the other hand, yes, Zayne does deserve some happiness in his life after all that he has been through.

16. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    A part of me thinks Jarael wasn't totally honest about her past in the Crucible, and if Zayne finds out he won't be happy with her. Still, we shall see.

17. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    I don't know about Legend of the Seeker, but I definitely agree with you. Adventuring makes the best lovers! ;)

No, I don't think she's that older than him. Probably just a couple of years.

And Shell?!? O gawd, no! [face_worried]

18. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    Why not? They are the same age, They like each other, and to be honest she is sort of hot. Plus she saved his life, which kind of cancelled out her attempted murder. Oh, and not to be rude but I wouldn't be surprised if Zayne and Shel were "doing things" on Zayne's vacation.

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Hey, everyone! Be sure to check out the letter column/pics in the back of today's issue. It's TapeTrooper! =D=

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  21. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    I stil didn't get new issue, but wow - congrats man! :D

22. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    *barely managey resist spoilers* [face_worried] ;) My friend got the new issue for me and I'll be seeing him tomorrow. Can't wait!

And Amon, thanks a bunch for making this amazing icon of Zayne/Jarael! [:D] It got through and I claim it! :p

23. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    News from Comic-Con...

Jarael/Rohlan Comic Pack next year! [face_dancing]

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/TNPredsFan/Message%20Boards/70.jpg]

24. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Oh man, I can't wait for that comic pack!!! I really really hope there's going to be a Zayne one as well... [face_praying]

I must say, I loved the latest issue! (and not just because of the letters column ;)) Seeing Zayne lifting all the slaves off the comet was awesome. I can't wait for the next issue, since I'm not sure how Zayne is going to get out of this mess...

25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, the next issue has come out, and as usual, Zayne was brilliant in it. He's really come into his own, with how he was commanding their defense. A few interesting tibdits about Jarael's past and who she might've left behind. Although my personal favorite part was where Zayne hacked that skyreaper to pieces to save Jarael, and she was fine as he was there. Yay! [face_love] Although I am a bit worried how their relationship will go as more of Jarael's past will probably come to light, oh well, Zayne will handle it, as he always does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.