main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zayne's World - the EUC home of Zayne Carrick and his Fellowship

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    OMG, can't believe I haven't seen this! :oops:
    Very cool news. :D
    I would have preferred a Zayne & Jarael pack, to be honest, but this is ok as well. As Kol Skywalker would say, we take what is given. ;)

2. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
  3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    That's not true! That's impossible!! :_|

4. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    It's always sad to see a good thing come to an end. :( I'll miss KotOR a lot, but I'm glad that it's had such a great run and was able to end when JJM wanted it to instead of being canceled early. I'm looking forward to the last five issues, and I'm sure they won't disappoint!

I think we could all use some good news right now, so I'm happy to announce that I've started work on Zayne's Padawan robes. I hope to have them done in time for Halloween.

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    To quote a famous scene from Episode III... NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!! :_|:_|:(:(

Oh well, if its the author decision, then I can respect that. And Zayne will probably show up again at one point or another. Just not sure if anyone aside from JJM can really write Zayne though. Well, here's to enjoying the last five issues! Never thought it would end so soon.

6. Sloppy

Sloppy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2009
    What a bloody awful way to end a awful day

I wish they didn't do it

7. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Hang in there, guys -- I think Zayne's Fellowship will approve of what we have coming up in the next few issues...

8. TapeTrooper515

Feb 5, 2007
    Hey JJM, do you think you would ever write a KotOR novel if given the opportunity? That era needs a few books, and I can't think of many people better qualified to write one than you.

9. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Given that it was something like 350,000 words of KOTOR scripts, it already felt like writing a novel -- or three! :)

10. DarthYan

DarthYan Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 2009
    Are you going to flush out the Exile and Nihilus? They are an interesting combination; Nihilus is everything the Exile would have become if she had fallen to the darkside.

11. TapeTrooper515

Feb 5, 2007
    There's a cool Nihilus story in Star Wars Tales volume 6. If you haven't checked it out already, you should.

12. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    I own it. Can't say I was impressed, but then maybe I should reread it.

13. Jedi_Trance

Jedi_Trance Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2008
    Issue #46 = DAYUM! :eek:[face_worried]

John - You and Brian hit it out of the park on this one! I can't wait for next month, but I'm kinda hoping that time slows down, too, since it's the start of the *sniff* final arc.

~Trace

14. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Aww, I just heard the awful news and was brought back to the boards from Darth RL.
    Whhyyyyy?!???? :_| :(

I have faith that the final arc is going to be epic, but I was really hoping to more adventures of Zayne & co.

I totally know how you feel there. It's almost like after Episode III came out and there was a post-SW depression, when a fandom becomes inactive... *sob*

15. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    jj millers probably gonna be working on another star wars project in the future. with zayne and the others.

16. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    One question to all the jarael zayne shippers. Why do you ship them? I'm not trying to be rude, but I just don't understand the phenomenon. Jarael is a whole different species, making fertile children impossible, and two, she's six years older then him, and there has been nothing to indicate that they are more then just friends. No offense intended, I just want some clarification

17. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, we're down to one last issue of KotOR and then its over. At least Zayne stays consistently awesome until the end (except for that error in judgment during the Destroyer arc, but oh well, Zayne's imperfections are part of what make him awesome). Especially in #49, he's really come very far from the bumbling Padawan he was in Commencement.

As for why I like Zayne and Jarael... well, part of it is that they're the main characters, Zayne's the male lead, she's the main girl, etc. Also, they just have nice interactions, and we've seen them grow closer over the last 49 issues. She was hostile at first, then Zayne's sacrifice (turning himself in so that Gryph, her and Camper could stop running) touched her, then she was enjoying herself more after they left that dumb on Taris, then Zayne conveniently showed up to rescue her from Adasca's clutches. Also at about that time, she started being pressured by Malak and Demagol, both of whom have their own reasons for coveting her, but Zayne asked first, as she said, and even after Zayne has cleared his name, he's still not putting any pressure on her, unlike Malak who is trying to drag her off to his crusade or Demagol who... well, he's the bad guy. They're definitely good friends, and Jarael has shown some interest in him (although Zayne was at the time busy staring at swoops, so he didn't notice), not to mention even Malak has noticed that Jarael might have some interest in Zayne. Zayne... well, its hard to tell, but its not that big of a leap. And they've kissed twice, although both were ruses, so we'll see where that goes by the finale.

The age difference isn't that bad, less than a decade, its not like she's forty and he's eighteen. And physically they look ok. And its not like being able to have kids is that huge of a priority. Heck, as a relative nobody, its not like Zayne eventually has to have kids. If it were a Skywalker, I'd expect a human girlfriend eventually to continue the line, but Zayne's uncertain fate is part of what makes him a great character to follow. And anyway, Jarael's an Arkanian off-shoot with human traits, so who knows how compatible they might be genetically. Don't think its been brought up how close to human she is, but kids aren't exactly a big concern right now, or ever.

Though it was nice to see Shel pop up again, hadn't seen her for a long while, but however the comic ends, as long as its a happy ending for Zayne, Gryph, Jarael and friends, I know I'll love it.

18. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    DarthYan: I don?t know that ?shipping? is something that can be explained. It?s more of a personal preference/instinct than anything logical. There are plenty of interracial and interspecies relationships in Star Wars (I think they?re interesting, personally) and the age difference is less than Han and Leia?s. I think JJM has done a great job of growing and developing both characters and that they make a good team ? be it friendship or otherwise. [face_peace]

I am SO sad that it?s almost over. :_| The story is rockin' and I gotta say that Brian Ching and Michael Atiyeh are bringing it with the art! =D= I?d scan panels for icons and wallpapers, but my scanner might explode of awesome from this last issue. :eek::D

19. DarthYan

Jun 17, 2009
    I just got the impression from 48 that Zayne and Shel might have been "close" if you know what I mean.

20. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    And so it ends. Most of the major discussion is taking place over in Lit, but figured might as well check in on the Zayne thread one last time since this is the last we'll see of Zayne Carrick and his antics for the foreseeable future. We'll still be getting more JJM stories, but I'll still miss Zayne, it was always a highlight of my month to get a new KotOR comic and follow the KotOR cast for the last few years. I won't post any spoilers here about the final issue, but suffice it to say, it was awesome.

21. TapeTrooper515

Feb 5, 2007
    I still haven't read it yet. It's at the bottom of my stack of KotOR issues, which I'm reading through in a big marathon. I doubt this is the last we will see of Zayne, even if it's not for a long time...

22. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    There has been some problem with the supply of this weeks issue to London, neither of the comic book stores got it yet. I can't wait to read it, yet I almost don't want to, cause it then it would really be the end of the series. ;)

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Zayne Carrick to return in JJM's new series! Knights of the Old Republic - War!

Anyone else excited?

Info here

24. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
  25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    YESYESYESYESYES!!!

Saw the news the day it was announced but haven't been able to get online since. SOOOO glad that DHC and JJM are bringing Zayne back! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.