main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zayne's World - the EUC home of Zayne Carrick and his Fellowship

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Wow!!! :D =D=
    It's awesome. The green tunic looks great. I imagine it must have been quite difficult making that. Great job! =D=

[face_laugh], true. It would be Health & Safety violation. :p

That'd be challenging, but deffinitely worth the effort. KOTOR era Mando armour looks amazing.

I've dressed up as an anonymous Jedi once and recently I made a Jaina costume - I was lucky to come across a fitting green suit. ;) But that's pretty simple. I want to try something more, for next year, if there is another Celebration Europe, or for the next Jedi Con. I might try going as Jarael. It's be fun painting my hair white for a little while. ;) With Euro 08 (UEFA) going on, it should be very easy to find some face painting and at cheaper price, so I think I'll buy some straight away.

2. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    An applause for Zayne Carrick, for being one of the greatest Jedi and characters in Star Wars: =D=

I'm glad he got a thread of his own, he and other KOTOR comic character surely deserve it.

Great pictures in the first post, Amon! :)

I need to catch up with the comics. I still didn't get the newest issue or the last Vector. My local comic store is not very good. They rarely get issues other than Batman or Spidey; it's mostly graphic novels and TPB. Sometimes they get Star Wars stuff, but for the last two months I wasn't so lucky. :(

Very true!

That's my favorite scene in KOTOR as well. And it shows what an awesome character Zayne is.
    Another of my favorite Zayne moments is when he and Gryph part their ways with Camper and Jarael and we meet Slyssk for the first time. That comic is great and it always makes me laugh.
    "You want me to do my thing?"
    "No, your other thing. Listen..."
    [face_laugh]

She is hot! :D :p

Zayne costume is very impressive. =D=

3. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    Oh wow! The Zayne costume is beautiful! The tunic turned out great! [face_love] Mando-Rak is amazing as well. I wonder how difficult can it be to walk in that. [face_thinking] :p

You should do that! :) I'll be going to the next Jedi Con 99% (I manage to stay on this year's one only 1 day but I want to see more of it because it was great) and since I missed Celebration Europe I want to go to the next one as well. When has it been announced for?
    Anyway, I'd love to see a Jarael walking around. :)

Deciple_of_Malak, congrats on the game today, you were really good. [face_peace]

4. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    We crossed 100 posts! We crossed 100 posts! Huzzah! This fan club is HERE. TO. STAY.

Whooo!

Okay, got that out of my system, now. :p

Deciple_of_Malak, welcome to our club; 'tis good to have you in this humble fellowship!

- Keralys

5. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    -- WITH A GUN! :p

And, thanks. :)

KotOR_girl, dankeschön, it was a great game. :) It'd be great if Croatia and Germany would be those from the Group B to go on, and eventually meet agin later. :D Good luck against Austria.

Edit: spelling, sorry

6. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    You'll have to ask Brian Ching ? he came up with them. (And the extent of my costuming help is usually advising people not to wear their Ithorian suits on the shuttle bus. One wrong move and you're stuck in the ventilation system.)

7. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Actually, the boards say only 80 posts thus far. [face_thinking] But never mind, we shall cross the line in no time! :p

It hasn't. Yet. However, CE last summer was a major success and the possibility of repeating the event is high. Also, even though it's no official, after the Battle of the Bands at CE, some FanForce members and I met Jay Laga'aia (captain Typho) and he said that the organisers had to book the venue for two events, 2007 and 2009. So, yeah, there is hope. :D
    It wouldn't really be fair that CE is held in London again, but I would have no complaints. :p

[face_laugh]
    That never gets old. :p

And welcome to Zayne's World, Deciple! :) I guess we'll be transferring our comics discussions here from AoR.

And....... u boj! ;) Are we going to quarter finals for sure now, or?

8. KotOR_girl

Jun 16, 2007
    Yes, I think we deserve a chance for a revanch. ;)

I think London is the best destination. It's difficult setting up a con in Europe because of all the different languages spoken. Most of us know English, so it would be easier getting around London than Paris, or I don't know, Rome, Madrid, Oslo, Budapest, Zagreb...

:eek: You're Croatian too? Invaders, we're surrounded! :p

Anyway, back to comics. :p From which issue is that thing: "with a gun?" ? :confused:

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I just bought vol 1-3 of the knights of the old republic and i have to say this is by far my favorite. I just loved it. Jareal is cool and im wondering what her background is and also Camper. Also im wondering if the Jedi Council have been watching the Convenant's actions. I think they have but there is nothing specific about it.

This is the best series so far that i read.

10. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] Two Croatians in one thread can mean only one thing - INVASION! :p

And to answer Amon's question - yes. :D

Nah. You can never have enough places to talk about KOTOR. ;) And in the end, most of the discusions comes down to Revan. :p :cool:

The first one with Moomo brothers, I think.

11. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    True, but it would be nice getting to know different places and bringing Star Wars into every corner of the old continent. ;) Besides, wherever the event takes place, I guess the most of the stuff will be in English anyway, mostly because all the guests are native English speakers.

I can only understand bits of German, but I didn't expect any difficulties at Jedi-Con. Unfortunately, due to some Uni obligations, I couldn't go this year. But I don't think I'd gave a problem with getting around. The Jedi are Jedi in any language (even though German pronunciation is a bit different), Luke Skywalker is always Luke Skywalker. ;)

It doesn't really appear in a comic, but it's a phrase from the title of the thread for #11 Reunion in the Lit forum. It has been used many times in many situations since then. :p

My favourite being this amazing thing people in the Lit forum have come up with for #21:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/wormwars.jpg] :D

But we didn't cause a communications disruption. ;)

No. The Covenant is supposed to be a secret organisation. Although, some Jedi Council members don't trust Lucien in #29 and they even may suspect something.

12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nobody outside knows of the Covenant, except for Zayne and his merry people, but some Jedi Council members, specifically Vandar and maybe Vrook, have been suspicious for months. To be specific, its really strange how one Jedi Padawan, especially one who seems as inept as Zayne looks, was able to kill four others, while they were all supposedly under the watch of five Jedi Masters, four of whom are Consulars, which means they should be especially good at prophecy. Of, originally the plan was to blame Shad, as he's more competent looking and would be easier to blame it on, but of course, none of them counted on Zayne's "random destructive power" being quite so... random nor destructive to anyone who tries to kill Zayne. Also, that one small conversation Zayne had with Vandar before being knocked out by "Darth Sunshine" (gotta love that name) at least gave Vandar an inkling of something wrong on Taris before the Padawan Massacre.

Hopefully, all those suspicions and such will come to a head by KotOR #33, if not #31 or #32.

13. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I did a little research. It looks like the joke dates back to the cover of Republic #49, which has Quinlan Vos... with a gun!

14. TapeTrooper515

Feb 5, 2007
    Wait a minute, why are there only two Zayne avatars for the boards? (and neither of them are particularly good):confused:
    Jarael has a well deserved six, we need more Zayne!

15. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Only 2? No...... *checks* OMG!
    We want Zayne! We want Zayne!

Wasnt that after the Massacre itself? Vandar couldn't have kow before.....becouse Zayne wasn't on the run before the horrible event.

Yes, looks like Zayne will confront the Covenant once and for all. :D :cool:

CRO!

16. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    We want Zayne! If we're loud enough, maybe our shouting can reach the Communications and the ears of the Icon Makers there. ;)

Cool. I wasn't aware of that, even though I've read the comic.

I don't think they intended to blame anyone. If everything was done according to the plan, all Padawans of Taris would be dead. No exceptions, since all of students wore the same suit seers saw in their vision. And they would certainly not exclude Shad from their bloody work, since he was a prosperous Padawan with good predispositions to become a powerful Jedi and 'possibly', in Covenant's way of thinking, a powerful Sith later on.

After Knights of suffering, I was under the impression that he would have to deal with Covenant members one by one. Raana Tey, then Feln, then someone else and so on. But it seems he will settle accounts with them a lot sooner that I expected. Turnabout and Vindication are going to be extremely interesting. Can't wait! :D

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I just meant that before Zayne called his old master, as far as Vandar knew, Zayne had just somehow snapped and killed all his classmates and then somehow escaped the Taris Masters, and that was that. When Zayne tries calling him for help, he mostly dismisses Zayne's claims of the Taris Masters killing their Padawans as delusions, as Zayne's mind trying to cope, or Zayne had gone insane or something like that, though during the conversation, someone else tells Vandar that there are several Consulars stationed on Taris, which is somewhat unusual. Zayne gets knocked out shortly after that point, but at least he told Vandar his side of the story, though this is before Zayne found out about the Covenant.

I know the Covenant would've killed Zayne along with everyone else if they could, but what I meant was that the Covenant was originally going to use Shad as the scapegoat, to blame all the murders on him. The Covenant Masters say at the end of the Commencement arc that they had already come up with a cover story, that they rejected Shad for Knighthood because his headstrong ways, and that an enraged Shad would have then killed the other Padawans before the Taris Masters could stop him... permanently. A quick, efficient massacre with an already dead scapegoat and no one left alive to look too closely at the circumstances. Unfortunately for the Taris Masters, Shad figured out something was up a little early, when he noticed all the Masters were wearing lightsabers, the Masters made up a quick excuse that the lightsabers were part of the Knighting ceremony, but Lucien had his lightsaber too, implying Zayne would be Knighted, but Shad couldn't believe that the Taris Masters would ever Knight Zayne, given all the snide comments everybody's made about him (Zayne himself does too actually), so the Masters just killed the Padawans a little early before they could put up too much of a fight (like tryying to grab their own lightsabers), and that's when Zayne walked in. Of course, this being Zayne, they expected to just easily hack and slice him too, but Zayne ran faster and farther than anyone else ever could've suspected, not to mention Gryph is very good at hiding too. So since Zayne was the last one alive, they had to make him the scapegoat instead, no matter how incompetent Zayne's reputation makes him sound.

Which is probably just another example of why trying to mess with prophecies is a very bad thing.

18. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Prophecies never turn out to be good, in any story.

CRO!

19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    You're right! I forgot about that. :oops: It was risky having a scapegoat, but either way, all Padawans would be dead if the deal with the "murderer".
    I need to re-read Commencement.

And Gryph is a good teacher too, the best on Zayne ever had. ;)
    All in all, Gryph's help or no, Zayne is more competent that anyone gives him credit.

I love the banner in the Lit forum. :D

20. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Republic #49 is indeed the source of the "With a GUN" jokes that have percolated around Lit for quite a while]
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f1/Swr49cover.jpg]
    Good conversation. I do think it too bad that Shad ended up dead; he seems like a pretty cool guy who really was on top of things. The fact that he figured all of that out and so quickly speaks very highly for him. So does that fact that he was Zayne's friend.

- Keralys

21. TapeTrooper515

Feb 5, 2007
    Once you get to know Zayne, It's hard not to see him as a friend. (Unless, you know, you're evil or you think he's a Sith Lord). Even Celeste Morne, aka "Murdereena", warmed up to him.

I wish they had waited a few issues before the padawan massacre and given us a chance to get to know the other padawans. It would have been interesting if the first issues had focused on Shad, so you think it's going to be about him, with Zayne just being comic relief.

22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Go to the icon thread in Comms, and make a request. You could even use a favorite picture of him that you like, or many. Like perhaps Zayne in Mando Armor.

23. TapeTrooper515

Feb 5, 2007
    Oh, that's how you do it? Thanks, I will be sure to go there.

24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    *Goes and looks*

Oooh Cool! You made them yourself!

25. KotOR_girl

Jun 16, 2007
    Gryph's nicknames for other people are great! :D Murdereena, Darth Sunshine... :p

Speaking of icons, Amon_Amarth, do you have more nice Zayne pictures? Except the one in Mando armor, I've never seen them on the net.
    [face_batting]
    Yay for more Zayne avatars!

Deciple_of_Malak, =D= on the game yesterday! We won as well. :D Meaning that with luck we might meet again in finals. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.