Zayne's World - the EUC home of Zayne Carrick and his Fellowship

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Amon_Amarth, May 19, 2008.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    "Accessory? Small-time hood?! I'm not an accessory! I am a Sith Lord!" Something like that? ;) He also already has started the Rule of Two, with how he named that Vao, whatever his name was, ready to be passed onto Revan! Perhaps he literally is the shatterpoint Q'anilia was afraid of. [face_laugh]

On the issue itself, yeah, another one down, three to go, and Zayne's still pretty innocent, considering the circumstances. Too bad the Covenant Masters are already too insane/paranoid to ever believe Zayne if he tells them he didn't kill anyone (yet).

The art is still not my favored style, but that moment when Feln is holding that stick in his hold was... very iconic, as it was almost exactly like the vision scene from Commencement. Even if, unfortunately, that issue was the worst drawn issue of the series (which probably makes this version of the scene look better in comparison). Though I don't think Zayne or Gryph could've figured out what Feln saw just from Elbee's holorecording. And yeah, its kind of funny when exactly certain Covenant Masters consider things are serious. At least Xamar thinks it was serious when they killed their Padawans. And for Feln, killing their Padawns is one thing, blowing up his people's most sacred place is another thing, even if he's turned that sacred place into a Covenant storehouse/lab/testing ground. Then he still blows it up, and blames the whole thing on Zayne.

And looks like the Covenant plot is coming to a head faster than I expected. I expected it to take at least forty issues to whittle it down to just one Master, but we're at thirty right now, and looks like another will be dead soon enough, given Xamar's new... posting. And Zayne was awesome, as was Gryph's line, asking about fighting dirty and running away, and Zayne holding his for... a few seconds. I just kinda wish Zayne would last longer, but considering he's still sorta at Padawan status, its nice to see him not falling instantly.

Oh yeah, on the civil war thing, I'm not joining in (no idea what to do really), but what would Zayne do, hm... wait, a better question would be "what would the Gryph do?" and I wonder if we could sell either side something. Anyway, yeah, I'm not active enough to do much.
  2. Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master

star 4
    I've only got KOTOR 29 yesterday, it's amazing!!! :D I loved every page of it!
    Art wasn't as good, but the story is awesome! I can't wait for KOTOR 30 now!

That's what I'm afraid of as well. [face_worried]

CRO!
  3. JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant

VIP
    star 3
    This is an insightful (no pun intended) thought, and one that it's not always easy to remember: when it comes to the contents of the prophecy, Zayne and company only got the audio. The readers saw the vision, but through a storytelling device.

And no worries on the other front ? whatever may or may not happen in the story, y'all keep buying those comics, we'll keep making them. [face_peace]
  4. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You keep making them, we will keep buying them!

I got a Slyssk action figure today. My local hobby shop had a loose vintage Bossk for $5, so I got it. According to JJM, the vintage Bossk is the figure that inspired the character of Slyssk.
  5. JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant

VIP
    star 3
    Yeah, just look at his expression. Threatening, he's not.
  6. TapeTrooper515 Jedi Knight

star 2
    He looks less threatening than the Galactic Heroes version of Bossk. Did Brian Ching use the figure for reference? Because it captures the essence of Slyssk perfectly. I'm glad they made that figure, because Slyssk is awesome! I've got him on my shelf next to Revan and Malak, at least until the rumored Zayne Carrick figure becomes reality.
  7. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    *Flayed Carcass arrives out of the deep space over the sparsely populated and seldom used world of Zayne*

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/37/KorChokk.jpg]

*Alone amidst his villip choir Supreme Overlord al'Yammka coordinates the attack*

*Three villips slither open, blue and kecen visages appear before him*

"It is indeed time. Launch firebreathers and the Vagh Rodiek"

"blue, unleash your slayers and voxyn."

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/7d/YVCapture_Beast.JPG]
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/8d/Vagh_Rodiek_G8.jpg]

"blue, unleash your slayers and their voxyn."

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/18/Voxyn.jpg]

tchurokk Yun'tchilat!
  8. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    On whose authority have you arrived here, Vong scum? If it be on your own, I warn you that ongoing negotiations with Sinrebirth make it likely you're in for some punishment on multiple ends.

- Keralys
  9. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    As Sinrebirth's Hand, I make the request to the Yuuzhan Vong that you cease your attacks and return home. The Sith Imperium intends to honour the current truce.

You will be given directives of where and when to attack if it becomes necessary to return to a state of hostilities. Due to the current truce, you are asked to stand down and refrain from engaging in hostilities.

~Lady Rilwen, Sith Hand
  10. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    *One of his commander villips opens*

"Dread Lord, we are receiving a transmission from the Sith Hand..."

As Sinrebirth's Hand, I make the request to the Yuuzhan Vong that you cease your attacks and return home. The Sith Imperium intends to honour the current truce.

You will be given directives of where and when to attack if it becomes necessary to return to a state of hostilities. Due to the current truce, you are asked to stand down and refrain from engaging in hostilities.

*The Supreme Overlord displays little emotion at hearing this*

"Send the response that we will only discuss negotiations with the true leader of the Sith, Sinrebirth. "

*The villip reverted back to its true form. The Overlord waited*

(ooc: will be out for most of the day... will check back tonight) ;)
  11. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/0d/Outer_Rim_Third_Fleet.jpg] [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e3/Imperial_Shuttle.JPG]

If the Yuuzhan Vong will only speak with our most noble leader, then so be it. But first, we shall secure his safety, in case of foul treachery. These forces shall be deployed here for his protection.
  12. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    *strides down from the Nu-class shuttle, in full Imperial regalia, purple robes replacing his Sith ones*

*the Elite Guard follows*

I am here to speak to the Yuuzhan Vong Supreme Overlord. These forces are purely for my protection, and represent no threat. I am assured the Galactic Forums Alliance and True Empire shall not intervene unless called for.

*sits on a throne provided by his Guard*
  13. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    "Dread Lord, Sinrebirth's have arrived, and would like to arrange a meeting", spoke the Commander

*Turning to the villips of blue and kecen*

"Stay alert, and maintain occupation of the world. I will bring your villips with me so you may observe"

*His personal slayers fall in behind as his portal slurps open leading the way to the meeting*

14. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    A strong token force of GFA fleet ships arrives in the thread to guard against the predations of the Yuuzhan Vong adn to ensure that the terms of the truce are followed by the IMperials.

Transmission to the Sith Imperium fleet:
    Thank you for your timely response. Given the quickly unraveling nature of events around here, it seems wise to cooperate against the renegades for the duration of the truce. Our fleet, let it be very clear, is not here for any violence against the Sith Imperium, but merely to demonstrate our commitment to this thread's safety and security. Sinrebirth, I will meet you in the Sith thread to begin discussions when the current situation has been resolved.

- Keralys
  15. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Finally got #30! [face_dancing]
    Brilliant issue! :D Glad that yet another Covenant members is removed from the equasion, like in the vision. Serves him right, Feln was really being unfair, not only to Zayne but to his own people. Pft, and he calls himself a Jedi, yet his behavior is awful!
    So, Q'anilia is taking sedatives now, interesting. I wonder if she is bothered by nightmares like Raana was before her death.

The clouds over the Draay estate look ominous, a very cool panel.

About Xamar, obviously he's next, but I always thought that he might die in the later stages of war, when Revan's followers turned on the Republic, so that friendly fire was actually planned. [face_thinking]

In this case, there were also Sith in orbit, like you mentioned before. The artifacts in the Moomo brothers laundry hamper.
    I think that one of them will probably turn out to be a TSL villain in the end. Sion however, had both legs and arms, while Haazen has mechanical ones. Yes, I know that prosthetics could be hidden in boot, but still, an arm cannot. [face_thinking]
    I truly hope Zayne shall not fall to the Dark Side, it would be such a huge tragedy.

Very true. :p
    People die when they try to kill Zayne, but Gryph always takes care of things so they could die more easily. ;)

Yay! :)

o_O
    Zayne and his companions have coped with and defeated the Mando-Raks - abominations that come closest to Yuuzhan Vong and other dangerous opponents, duch as Mandalorians (who were, by the way, great Vong killers during the war), crazy scientist, Exogorths and the pseudo-Sith (Covenant members). Your attack doesn't mean a thing.

Thank you, but you can take your Forces back home, we do not require their presence here.

Zayne's World gets the best support with the best crew: [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Amarth775/williwaw.jpg] :D

We also have DROIDS:
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Amarth775/HK-24support.jpg]
  16. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4
    *Heeds jhc's words, despite her own inclinations, holding the area as opposed to outright attempting to take it in one fell swoop. Her response, a mere curt nod towards the appropriate villip.*

"Your will be done, dread one."

*She turns to a nearby, horrifically scarred subaltern, issuing the order in turn,*

"Hold your position, wait for my command."

*Adding somewhat more quietly, for her own benefit rather than that of her subordinates,*

"We shall see what this meeting yields."

*She stands steady, amphistaff uncoiled, venom bubbling from the tips of it's fangs in anticipation as it's master keeps watch over the Vagh Rodiek*

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/8d/Vagh_Rodiek_G8.jpg]

*However, at the scant rumour (from a somewhat reliable agent) that someone, somewhere has offered to deploy droids, she finds great cause and conviction to let a particularly vicious snarl twist her elaborately scarrified visage*

*In outrage she turns towards the villip's portraying both jhc and Kecen's faces, and hisses through gritted teeth*

"Abominations! How can we sit idle when such foul mockeries of life it's self, walk this thread?!" :mad:

17. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    *swats a villip*

See? You scarheads always do this. You go barging into places that don't belong to you and then you complain about the locals. o_O If you'd quit trying to invade everyone else's territory, you wouldn't have to look at the "infidels." :p

18. jhc36 Force Ghost

star 4
    (ooc: hahahah... you do have a point. but it's what we do. ;) [face_devil]
  19. Blue_but_beautiful Force Ghost

star 4

(ooc: [face_laugh] *falls out of her chair* touche!)

*Growls with fury as her villip is unceremoniously swatted away like an errant nang-hul*

"And if you infidels were not in our galaxy to begin with, we would not have had to look at you at all."
  20. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    *GFA Fifth fleet jumps in to protect our members from any betrayal*

[image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/vampyre_dave/Ships/04n.jpg]
    [image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/vampyre_dave/Ships/Vengeance.jpg]

*opens comm channel*
    Grand Admiral JarVos to all GFA Forces, we have your back
  21. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *Twin Suns Task Force Incendiary jumps into system to observe discussions*

*looks over at Flayed Carcass* :(
  22. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    *detects the new ship in the system*

Captain mark that ship as a friendly and rebroadcast IFF codes to all ships in the fleet
  23. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    *looks to the GFA forces*

*activates the comlink*

GFA forces, as much as I admire your actions here, please withdraw. The Supreme Overlord specifically intended to negotiate with me.

*lowers voice so Overlord cannot hear*

Lord Sabith is harassing the main Yuuzhan Vong thread. If the GFA protects it, and chases Sabith away, we should win enough diplomatic points to negotiate the withdrawal of the Yuuzhan Vong from here to protect their home thread.

*flicks off comlink*

Supreme Overlord, I apologise. As you see, I have requested the withdrawl of the Twin Suns and GFA flotilla's for the duration of our talks. Members of Zayne's World, I apologise that the Civil War has crossed into your noble thread, as well.

Can we continue, once the GFA withdraw?

*looks hopeful*
  24. Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah! Bring the Vong on, HK will eat them for breakfast! :D :cool:

Statement: Ugly meatbags will pay.

CRO!

GER to finals!
  25. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    *listens to the communication*

Like he's going to order me around

*Opens Comm*

Sith Forces this is Grand Admiral JarVos, we are here under the request of our own people, You have no authority over our own. Conduct your business... be warned any aggressive acts will be met like wise
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth