Rebels Zeb

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Besides the cliche "gruff British man" voice I'm liking him. That electrostaff is cool.
  2. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm not sold on a character sold on the gimmick of loving to beat up on storm troopers but Zeb looks cool. Big brother of the team huh? I was thinking he'd probably end up playing more the father figure on the group.
  3. Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Knight

star 1
    Zeb looks like he will be one of my favorites.
  4. Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master

star 1
    Zeb seems like the most interesting of the characters introduced so far. Steve Blum as the VA is a nice touch. Something about Zeb just seems more unique and lively than Kanan and Ezra (not that I have anything against them).
    Darth_Pevra and Embomania like this.
  5. Embomania Jedi Master

star 1
    His animation, or what little that was actually good, we saw of him looks pretty awesome. I'm hoping this show will start right where TCW stopped in terms of animation quality.
    EternalHero likes this.
  6. vstarvan Jedi Master

star 1
    I agree that the two species are very similar, but in the very beginning of Zeb's video Dave says that he's "A whole new species", and the Kaleesh already made an appearance in the clone wars via statues in "Lair of Grievous". http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131217041720/starwars/images/8/8a/Capture.png
  7. red5_standingby Jedi Padawan

I think Steve sounds great in this role. I noticed that in the intro to the video, Zeb's voice has some sort of filter on his voice that sounds great, very alien and within the GFFA. I hope they keep that in the show!
    EternalHero likes this.
  8. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I hear the voice and think "Wolverine." Still, Zeb has me most excited of the characters revealed thus far. I was actually expecting someone more like Chewie in not speaking basic and being treated more like a character's crony rather than having a life of his own. I was pleased the moment it was revealed he would speak fluently in the same language as everyone else, and that they didn't peg him in a dimwitted troll kind of personality.
    Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  9. Dra--- Chosen One

star 5
    Wolverine doesn't sound Australian. He's Canadian.

Zeb is also intellectual.

The voice actor also said there's a lot he can't reveal yet about Zeb. Very intriguing.
  10. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    At the very beginning of his intro video, he says, "My name is Zeb you ____rat!" What is he saying? It sounds like nawf-rat or naf-rat or gnaf-rat. Any idea what he's saying? What species is he refering to? Is it a new one?
  11. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
  12. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know. I figured it was something from the EU that I've never heard of...
  13. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    It could be womp-rat. Like "I used to target womp-rats in my T-16." But maybe not.

Edit: I rewatched it. Definitely not womp-rat. Probably an animal from Zeb's homeworld.
    Last edited by Revanfan1, Feb 21, 2014
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I think I like this guy the best. Can't wait to seeing him attack stormtroopers.
    Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 4
    Steve Blum does a good London accent. I'm from London, and SB has pretty much nailed it. When an American does an English accent, they usually go with the BBC broadcast generic style, when they go for a regional dialect like Cockney it gets a little tougher - take Don Cheadle in Oceans Eleven, his Cockney accent was awful. Hats off to SB.
    Last edited by Darth Punk, Feb 26, 2014
    Sir Chem likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    We haven't heard much about Zeb since his intro video.

I was glad to hear more about Hera but hoping for more info about Zeb soon.
  17. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    We did learn something new about Zeb which made me happy, though.

After Filoni said Orrelios was a "new" species, I was a bit let down; Zeb's similarities with the Lasat species were too apparent to ignore.

Well, happy day -- the latest SW: Insider confirmed Zeb as a Lasat.
    Cevan, Contessa and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  18. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    ....is Insider correct?

Or is Zeb a Dathomirian-Lasat?
    Last edited by CT-867-5309, Feb 26, 2014
  19. Reveen Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I hope his gruff way of talking is because he only has a vernacular grasp of Basic, and when he speaks in the his own language the subtitles will read like he's a Victorian era gentleman.
    Last edited by Reveen, Feb 26, 2014
  20. Sir Chem Jedi Master

star 1
    This would be the coolest thing ever. They did say he was sophisticated!
  21. agentkrycek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Zeb looks like he's going to be awesome. He's definitely the character I'm looking forward to the most. Very cool design too.
    Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    That's a wonderful idea, and now I'll be disappointed if it doesn't come to pass.

;) Well played.
    Last edited by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 27, 2014
  23. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I'm not counting on subtitles, I'm guessing we'll have a repeat of TCW, where all the characters seemed to speak Basic.

But my God do I want to see the Hutts show up in Rebels, but I in NO way want them all to speak Basic.
  24. Sir Chem Jedi Master

star 1
    They could use a translator droid if they're worried about slow readers. That would make everyone happy, I think. Besides, I doubt everyone knows Huttese.
    Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    I have heard that Weisman has a tradition of (subtitled?) non-English languages on his shows.
    Last edited by Revanfan1, Feb 27, 2014
    Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.