Zekk founding Imperial Knights?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DragonMaster_85, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fel_Freak228 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jag as Fel I just doesn't sit right with me. Jag as the next Boba Fett sounds pretty good.;)
  2. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I should have just ended it with the part about his family I guess.
  3. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, he's got my vote for next Mand'alor.:D
  4. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
  5. Fel_Freak228 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    Could this be... some sort of long-term Fel strategy for galactic domination? First the Chiss, then the Mandos, then the Empire?[face_thinking]
  7. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    If the Fels are ruling, then their position with the Chiss is no longer relevant to them. They wouldn't care.
  8. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    True, but Jag seems to think the Chiss aren't the only ones who have disowned him.
  9. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    I know that. The Chiss were the starting point, y'see.
  10. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    Uh... I'm not seeing how he being "disowned" by anyone is relevant. Plenty of Kings and Emperors who founded dynasties have had little proud lineage or inheritance.

"William the Bastard" wasn't called such because of his demeanor, you know?
  11. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Authority passing from Fel the 1st(assuming this is Soontir as Trip thinks), to Fel the 2nd, to Fel the 3rd would make me think that it was passed down the bloodline rather than taken by force. If Soontir had disowned Jag, Jaina won't be the mother of an Emperor, and thus not the IWoD.

Edit: Is the spoiler period up?
  12. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    Firstly, nothing says that Fel I is Soontir.

Secondly, as I said, William the Bastard succeeded his father as Duke of Normandy., despite not being a legitimate heir. ;) Elizabeth I was retrospectively declared illegitimate, and taken out of the succession by the previous monarchs, yet still succeeded.

Third...there's no reason to assume existing Chiss rules or laws would apply in a new Fel Empire where the Chiss don't even play a part.
  13. Trip Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, here's what happens, so we can end all of this silly speculation ( :p ):

Following the end of this newest civil war, Soontir is acclaimed Emperor Soontir I of the Second Empire. The Chiss Ascendancy is annexed into this Second Empire with little resistance, since they're losers and can't do much about it. (Since Soontir feels sorry for the inbred little hillbillies, he allows them to maintain a degree of sovereignty as a client-state.)

Jagged is welcomed back into the Fel Family because Soontir likes Jaina, who Jagged just married. Zekk is killed in some inane accident. Since Jaina misses her puppy, she takes genetic material from his dead body to create Sirius Draco, who is made "leader" of the newly-formed Imperial Knights.

Shortly after Jaina gives birth to a son, Jagged tragically dies. Everyone is very 'sad' and Jaina dyes a skunk-stripe in her's and her son's hair in honor of her dearly departed husband.

Some years later, Soontir abdicates and goes into retirement, where he spends his twilight years drinking sweet tea and sitting on the front porch of his white-columned mansion. Since Jaina's son is not yet of age, she becomes Empress Jaina I.
  14. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I could see it. I'd rather think Jaina wouldn't betray the Jedi and become an Empress, but it does seem to be the likeliest explanation.

Edit: Admittedly, I guess the part of the Code about not ruling over others may not have been part of NJO doctrine. She would still have to leave the Jedi to become Empress though assuming Luke or whoever is the next grandmaster continues the belief that Jedi must place the order first, but it would be arguable whether or not it was a betrayal.
  15. KnightDawg Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't see Zekk wanting anything to do with the Fel bloodline.

Kinda off topic, but how about this....

Jaina is killed or leaves Jag after she has their child. This would allow Jaina to have no direct connection to the reborn Fel Empire thus not turning bad. Their child however, is the first Fel in the bloodline to be force sensitive and takes advantage of his new power as an adult and takes over the Empire.
  16. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    How does Jaina coupling with Jag make her bad? Jag has never been portrayed as anything except a "good guy".
  17. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't see anything wrong with her pairing with Jag. I think the problem comes up when she helps establish a government that revokes the freedom her parents fought to restore.
  18. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    If Jag is no longer with the Chiss, how does he go about joining the Imperial Remnant?
  19. KnightDawg Jedi Master

star 4
    So you're saying Roan Fel is good then? Hmmmmmm....[face_thinking]

If she does indeed become the IWoD, then yes, she is treading on a darker path. That is, unless she dies while the first Solo/Fel force-sensitive child is still young and therefore isn't there to guide him down a lighter path instead of the path that leads to the Fel Empire.

20. KnightDawg Jedi Master

star 4
    That's what I answered a few posts above. Maybe Jaina is no longer alive or out of the picture and isn't there to aid the new force-sensitive Solo/Fel in the lightside direction and he choses a darker path. This way she is still the IWoD, yet she isn't directly involved with the Empire. Kinda works out.

21. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think if she's going to be the mother of Fel I or Fel II that would be the best way for sure.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    You're missing the whole thing where the Jedi and GA have good relations with the Second Empire for three generations of emperors.

Don't let your preconceived biases about empires get in the way. ;)
  23. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I should clarify my view of the Second Empire I suppose. I do think it's a government that shouldn't exist, but the Jedi and the Alliance are right to attempt and apparently succeed at normalizing relations with them.

If the Alliance and the Jedi are to maintain their integrity they can only strike when they have reason to believe there's a threat and even then they should investigate before taking any further action. The Fel empire from what we know didn't engage in any actions that were a threat to the Jedi, the Alliance, or peace in the galaxy and to the Fel dynasty's credit they were far more benevolent than their predecessors in the Remnant and the Empire. The problems arise when the new Empire foolishly allies itself with Darth Krayt. Emperor Fel was tricked, but he should have known better, especially given that he's an Imperial Knight.

Of course Roan Fel should be commended for ordering his Knights to not take part and for attempting to end the war with a minimum of bloodshed.
  24. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Here's how I see it. The Council allies with the Sith, and the Emperor, none too willing to have a coup, agrees with them, being given very little to move around this issue. Similarly, he wasn't the proponent of the Sith-Imperial War - the Council was again.

In response to the fore, the Emperor keeps his Imperial Knights out of the war, to the latter, the Emperor is even more marginalised. So I doubt he was tricked, I simply see the Emperor stuck in an untenable position politically, and thus he has to consent to it all.

Of course, he still, even though he's consented to a war he's against, consented to a Sith alliance he knows will end in treachery, consented to being marginalised, he still attempts to protect the Jedi at the very end. That could indicate a strong Jedi link to the dynasty.

Even then, the Empire starts the war because the Alliance and Jedi side with the Yuuzhan Vong. Did the Moff Council know about the Sith? No. Did Calixte and Veed? Yes.

That doesn't make the Empire evil, nor the Emperor stupid. It just means a bunch of power-mad Moff's led the Empire to it's destruction, at the bidding of a pair of traitors. And thus they should be removed as a holdover from the first, failed, Empire.
  25. FTeik Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope, I pray, I wish ...

... that those responsible at LFL, DarkHorse and DelRey and what other licencees are out there ...

... see all those threads about Jaina being an IWoD or have anybody from the OT + 40 years of post-ROTJ-EU aside from the Fels (who have to) a hand in the formation of the Fel-empire or the IKs ...

... do something totally different. :mad:

Fynric Fel for emperor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.