main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Zekk - Interludes: 1-7 ~ The Complete Serial ~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neo-Paladin, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    *bowing humbly from the waist*

I am learning from the best, Master Quixote.O:)

Zonoma

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Page two! PAGE TWO!!! PAGE TWO!!!! [face_hypnotized] :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: [face_hypnotized]

MUST READ MO- *ish booted off*

<unearthly_shriek>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!</end> :_| :(

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    o_O thanks Z. Isn't there a idiom somewhere about how a teacher is only as good as the student?
    :D
    And "Whoo hoo!" for breaking 400!

Hi Jaid! Page 2? As in you've read as far as page 2? Wow. It seems like such a long time ago to me now. I looked back and all I saw were the editing errors. :p Well I hope you have fun :D You'll get to skip over all my cliff hangers. Lucky you. o_O I hope you enjoy the journey!

4. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

End: Part One

[face_love] Mara is awesome. SHE WOULD MAKE SUCH A GREAT MASTER FOR ZEKK GOSHDARNIT!!! ..... *cough* er, did I that aloud? O:)

I really really like how you had Zekk try to talk to Jay, but how Jay totally brushed her off. (She seriously must not be a red-blooded woman... :( [face_love] *melts* Oh well :D) The action was superb, I love the slicer girl (Joknar? I don't remember exactly [face_blush]) and how she and Zekk are relating. Friends you say? :D Happy I am. ^_^

Another aspect that I liked was how you handled Zekk and the Dark Side. It was so realistic and so dang powerful!! :eek: I LOVE!!! [face_love] [face_love]

Plus, his lightsaber and formal costume? :D LOVE! *pff* Jaina didn't know what she was talking about. Either that or the reason she was so short and left so fast was because she was trying not to drool over Zekkie... [face_love]

Now, for page three.... :p

5. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Thanks Jaid,
    Yeah, it would be interesting if Mara had been Zekk's master. Still, the awesomeness that is Zekk made him turn out OK :p I try to make sure he's taken care of. You'll see :D

Jaina and Zekk have the galaxy's worst timing and neither have been willing to make a move. Jaina has gotten fed up with it. I didn't want it to be anyone's fault, but I wanted it to be more Jaina's fault than Zekk's :p There will be more... eventually.

Jokren's pretty hard-core. The idea amused me; I thought she added diversity to the story.

I guess the way I try to run Zekk's relation to the Dark Side is it dominates his destiny, but does not control him. It's always an option and his life wouldn't be such a struggle if he took the option, and Zekk knows it. I know it would drive me nuts after a while.

I write Zekk a bit idiosyncratic, mostly because I think people who are off normal are more fun. I'm glad you like it. Jaina... well not everyone understands idiosyncrasies, do they? o_O

6. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Kriff, I'm behind again. DRL has been keeping me back lately, but just letting you know that I will catch up as soon as I have the chance. Keep up the great work!

7. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Thanks for letting me know you're still following DA :) I'll look forward to some of your reactions.

New post in the morning everybody!

8. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    whoo-hoo.... I knew tomorrow would be good for some reason!

9. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I do my best Z. :p

[hr]
    Zekk had been asked to attend the funeral procession. He was provided with a soft white woolen cloak to wear over a black silk shirt and linen dress pants. When he saw himself in the mirror he could not help but think that Bulle would have liked to have seen him in it.

There was a specific cycle of ceremony in a funeral on Ab-Delios. Her body was cremated and the ashes were collected, with care to leave nothing behind. They were split into exact thirds, and one third was thrown from a high tower on the winds, one third scattered over the ground and covered, and another third sprinkled into the seas. The ceremony was about returning Bulle?s remains to the planet?s earth, sea, and sky. It had an elegance Zekk approved of.

The grievers then went to the funeral baths. This was said to be a tradition traveling back to humanity?s arrival on Ab-Delios more than 45,000 years ago, before even the age of Warlord Xim.

The purpose of the baths was to make a person sweat out the salt of their tears over their entire body so the grief would be done quickly, rather than leak out the eyes over months and days. It was meant to purge the skin and body of the toxins of grief.

The ancients who performed this ritual also said that the dead also appeared in the mists of the funeral baths to give a final good bye to the living they left behind. This way the dead would not be haunted by good byes left undone, and could travel on to the afterlife.

Zekk changed into the robe he had been given and entered the bath room. The steam was so thick he could hardly see anything, but a bath attendant led him to his bath. It was a square stone pit set into the floor with only a decimeter tall ledge rising above the floor level. It was deep enough to submerge Zekk up to his neck when he was sitting down.

As Zekk dropped his robe on the stool next to his bath he heard Moff Larmore say through the fog, ?Be careful, it can be hot if you?re not used to it. The original baths were heated by volcanic vents, we keep them just as hot.?

Zekk nodded, and sucked in a breath as he dipped one foot in. He forced himself to keep breathing as he slid into the bath. He sat on the warm stone seat in the bath, and let the heat from the water soak into him. The heat made his skin prickle and itch his skin adjusted. Zekk saw his pale skin redden from the heat. He placed his arms on the two rests just above the water, and sat back as he adjusted to the water, deeply breathing in the steam.

Slowly the heat forced his mussels to relax and unknot. Zekk allowed himself to relax as the heat soaked in. As a Jedi, Zekk spent much of his time controlling himself, his emotions, his impulses. Now he only wanted to drink up the heat, and he let himself do so.

Zekk felt a little light headed from the heat and heard his heartbeat in his ears as it slowed. Zekk was relaxing for the first time in a long while.

For a moment Zekk felt his head spin, and when he opened his eyes he was no longer in the mourning bath on Ab-Delios.

Zekk saw he was in the sparing room in the Old Jedi Temple, the one where he met with San-Ah. He looked around expecting to see the Jedi Master and to his surprise saw Bulle standing there. She wore the silvery grey dress she had worn the night the night they had gone out, and their date had been cut short by the attack on Jaina. Seeing her took his breath away.

?Hey there,? she said with a soft smile on her face. ?Come around here often??

?Bulle,? Zekk breathed his eyes lighting up. He went to her, lifted her up and spun her around. He set her down again smiling, but he stopped as reality crashed upon him again. ?Bulle, I? I? I just??

?I know Zekk,? Bulle said with a soft smile, her hand cupping Zekk?s face. ?I?ll miss you too. I?m everywhere, even wherever you are, but I?m not with you.?

?It?s not fair,? Zekk said a little petulantly.

?But it is,? Bulle said. ?It is the most fair thing in the Galaxy. Life is for the living. Nothing can avoid

10. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Master,

I honestly found the fight scene terribly confusing but I have a feeling it was meant to be, yes?o_ODespite it's confusing nature it did fit into the story just right.

The funeral traditions you created were beautiful, you have knock for that sort of detail that (and,yes, I'm saying this again) makes the SW universe come alive.=D=

And the scenes with Bulle. Wow.=D=

?It?s not fair,? Zekk said a little petulantly.

?But it is,? Bulle said. ?It is the most fair thing in the Galaxy. Life is for the living. Nothing can avoid that, no mater how powerful or weak. For this sublime truth we should all be supremely thankful.?

?You should still be living,? Zekk said.

?No,? Bulle said softly. ?Our decisions lead to consequences. That cannot be taken from anyone either.

We all die. Some lucky few die for something. I died to fight a rising darkness and protect someone I love. The Force has been kind.?

esp love... Life is for the living.

And.... SANAH-AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![face_dancing]

San-Ah said, ?The pupil always teaches the master; this is true, even when the master is one with the Force. I have never been more proud of any of my students. The Force will be with you, always.?

YEAH! I love her. That's the last time I get to her her voice, though, isn't it?:_| This is just an incredible series and I will be truly sad to see it end.[face_worried]

Your Proud Padawan:oops: (trying to work on "humble padawan" but it's just not happening very fast),
    Zonoma

11. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Hello Padiwan,
    Well I was aiming for a touch confusing, but I may have overshot my mark. o_O It all stems from the question, ?When you fight yourself who wins?? The answer is no one. I think blow for blow the fight tracked, but as there were two Zekk's that was hard to keep tabs on who was doing what. The important thing is Zekk stopped beating himself up.

I'm glad the culture and description resonated with your imagination.

Being one with the Force has given Bulle a bit of enlightenment. I knew I had to transmit some of this in her good bye. I gave it my best shot.

San-Ah had to give a good bye as well. She couldn't show up before this as Zekk had to go through the trials of absolution on his own. Will this be San-Ah's last? In the Interludes series, I'm afraid so. Outside... things are cooking, and your encouragement in particular, padiwan, has me considering throwing San-Ah into the mix.

And I hope interludes' end will bring a smile to your face. We?ll see, won't we? :D

12. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Wow! I just caught up... I can't remember if I was lurking or not...but you didn't need to now that! This story is so unique because I have practically NEVER read a fic on this site where Jaina and Zekk aren't together in some way... ;)

13. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Hi Courtney Solo,
    Thanks for reading. You ducked in a couple of weeks ago, but it's good to hear from you again. One of the things I always aim for when I write is to be unique. I also intentionally wrote Zekk as a character apart from Jaina.
    I'm glad you like it, and thank you for letting me know you're around!

14. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Loved the post! :D The funeral rituals were absolutely beautiful. :)

15. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Thanks JoE. The funeral rites were fun to invent as well. I was aiming for different, but meaningful.

16. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Zekk sat down with the Masters Skywalker, Tione, and Streen. Master Skywalker nodded and pressed a button on the holoprojector on the short table between them all.

Hijdi?s bust looked up at the viewer. His eyes looked haunted, but this did not startle Zekk, he simply looked on impassively. ?I have tried to do this the way my master might have, but it is apparent I do not have Lord Vader?s ability for planning or manipulation. Instead I will state my demands directly.

I want to meet with Padiwan Zekk, alone. He will meet with me, and we will end this. If he does not come, or if I get the slightest sign of anyone else I will, I promise you, unleash all of the Inquisitors, and personally induct them each in to the twisted reality of this Galaxy. I will lead them myself into a new crusade against the Jedi and your reanimated Republic. We will use every secret we possess to make a rain of blood across your systems till no Jedi breathes. We have done it before, it can be done again.

The Padiwan will, alone, go to the Hazen system at Imperial time stamp 35:38|11 in his starship, the Lightening Rod. It would not do to be late.? Slowly Hijdi?s eyes closed, and his head bowed as the holograph faded.

Zekk took a long breath before asking, ?What do I do??

Luke looked at Zekk a long moment before saying, ?That is the very question we have been asking ourselves before you arrived. We thought you deserved to see this, your thoughts matter in this as well.?

?I?? Zekk stopped. He was still so uncertain. The Darkside robbed him of a decisiveness he once had. He could no longer trust his instincts where once they had been his guide. ?If I can end this, I should,? Zekk finally said.

?And give into threats?? Master Streen asked.

?What other choices are there?? Zekk asked.

?I don?t know,? Streen replied, ?but sending an apprentice to face a known killer and powerful Dark Side user would be like killing you ourselves.?

Zekk looked at the empty projector where he had just seen Hijdi?s face. A voice was just outside of Zekk?s hearing, enough to alert him to its presence, but not enough for him to hear. Was it a memory of a voice? A voice he had never heard?

Zekk reached out and turned on the recording again, but held the image at the beginning, just before Hijdi began to speak. Zekk looked into the image of Hijdi?s haunted face held in time. Tione began to speak, but Luke, motioned for the Master to hold a moment.

?He knows where I am,? Zekk said finally. ?If he just wanted to kill me, he could hunt me down and do it anytime I left the Academy. Either he is playing with me, or he does not intend to kill me.?

?What then?? Mara Jade Skywalker asked.

?As he said, ?to end this,? Zekk replied. Zekk looked to each master in turn, silently waiting for each to contradict him. He finally reached Master Skywalker. Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master, returned the gaze a moment before nodding once.

?We cannot ask you to do this Zekk,? Master Skywalker said at last. ?You are still haunted by much and you are not ready to face this nor should you rush to add to your burden.?

?But you will not stop me from going,? Zekk replied after a beat.

?May the Force be with you, Zekk,? Master Skywalker replied softly.

?May the Force be with us all,? Zekk replied. ?I?ll see to my arrangements.?

Zekk watched the hyperspace counter reach zero. Now he was on a set path he felt more comfortable with it. It might be a dead end jump; but at worst all he had left to do was wait. Zekk came out of hyperspace, and began scanning. Nothing was apparent, and no planets in the Hazen system could sustain life. Zekk sighed and sat back. What ever happened next was out of his control. That didn?t bother him as much as he thought it should.

Zekk?s sensors lit up as a pod came out of hyperspace. Zekk began a focused scan of the pod which triggered a narrow beam transmitter antenna to send a signal to the Lightening Rod.

Hijdi?s voice sounded in the com system. ?Padiwan Zekk you will commence t

17. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    :eek: You can't stop there! :p

?Ah, Padiwan, very good. You?re almost there. One more vector, one final jump, then we can end this.?
    Hijdi paused, seemingly for effect.
    Zekk could only scowl at the needless dramatics.

[face_laugh] Hijdi's trying so hard to be the perfect evil villain. :p

18. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Oh but I can. [face_devil] Don't worry the next one will draw things to the conclusion. Then the epilogue, and the Zekk - Interludes serial will be done.

And yeah, Hijdi is trying very hard to be the villain Vader was. Zekk, however, knows the tricks of theatrics, and exactly what's behind the scenery (stagehands).

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_frustrated]Master DNPQ, that post frustrated me! You are torturing us now! I have to wait another whole week???[face_frustrated][face_shame_on_you]

Poor Hidji... I am beginning to feel sorry for the guy. He has had a rough time of it and we all know that Zekk wins... it's just a matter of how... though I DO have my suspicions;)

(speaking of sanah appearing again)Outside... things are cooking, and your encouragement in particular, padiwan, has me considering throwing San-Ah into the mix.

Glad to be of help, N_P,
    Zonoma

20. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Another week? I was going to post on Wednesday. Are you going to be gone?

I'm glad that you are empathizing with Hidji as well. In reality, all the players in this drama are the victims of circumstance not of their making.

Please, PM me how you think this will end Padiwan, I really want to know how close you are. :D

Yeah, that project...
    I've had to dance with that one a bit. For a few minutes I even started over again to write it as a Before the Saga story. It'll still be a Zekk story though, and San-Ah will still be in it. It just needs a lot of work.

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    will do. will you tell me if I'm right or just dangle the carrot?

22. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I am trying to read this, but as I currently have the energy of a used paper cup, its taking me a while (we think the theory is that if they work us hard enough this year, next year won't kill us). I will get there in the end though, I promise! It is too good to miss!

23. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    You think I'd be that mean Padiwan?

If you answered, "Yes," I wouldn't blame you. :p

Welcome back Kazzy. I've been looking forward to your return. Enjoy! Let me know what you think. :D Oh, and no peaking at the ending! ;)

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Master,

I don't think you could be that cruel.

I KNOW YOU WOULD.o_O

Zonoma

25. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Hey now, I answered your guess!

Now, you guessed wrong, so you're in suspense like everybody else, but you'll see what the morrow brings like everybody else. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.