main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Zekk - Interludes: 1-7 ~ The Complete Serial ~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neo-Paladin, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    You have some of the best lines in your writing. [face_laugh] :)

He saw the same things everyone else saw, and the mission looked like it would be easier than a marksmanship contest with a stormtrooper. <-- [face_laugh]

The right tool for the right job was of course the rule, yet as some one else once said, when all you have is a wrench every thing looks like something to be torqued

That's an interesting re-phrase of the old "if all you have is a hammer all your problems begin to look like nails"; I like your re-phrasing since that sounds more (for the better lack of a descriptor" "Star Warsy". :)

?Pilots going to extremes to show off and potentially get them selves killed,? Jokren said with a sigh, ?It?s amazing any men live past 20.?

?Don?t kid your self,? Zekk said back as he touched down. The whine of the repulserlifts slowed to a stop, and Zekk continued, ?Some of the most reckless pilots I know are women.?

LOL! How true! [face_laugh] Hmm, can we say "Jaina"? ;) :p

And hey, next post is post 100. An author can't help but love that...

Readers can't help but love authors who regularly update. ;)

Erm, and while I'm stealing post 100--

check out my sig. ;) :D

2. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Zekk has spent enough time in the underside of the universe to know that an implied threat is a lot more effective than an explicit one. For one thing it leaves the consequences up to the imagination, which typically fills in the blanks a lot more effectively than Zekk could him self. After all, every time you come up with a possible consequence you are left wondering, 'What if he does something even worse?'

Yes. This is a fact.

I have a fever of 102*F

Get well soon NenYim!

?Some of the most reckless pilots I know are women.?

For some reason the image of Jaina does come to mind, doesn't it? And Mara Jade. :D Great post!

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I?m glad I don?t disappoint Carenix. I always appreciate a good star wars-ism, and I find it really keeps me in the setting. Of course it?s a chance for me to feel clever when I come up with one I like o_O

And did Zekk say anything about Jaina? [face_whistling]
    :D

And five pages of thread is pretty awesome too. I have a slight advantage on the regular posting because I have the whole thing already written. I just have to give it a final go through, copy, paste every three days. Almost sounds too easy. ;)

And your sig? If you were here you?d see some skinny guy with a huge smile on his face. :D

Hey DA,
    Yeah, Mara comes to mind along with Jaina. In general the battle of the sexes is always a fun topic.

Actually, I knew a couple of women pilots when I was going to school in Florida. I even knew one named Mara; no lie.

4. daeana

daeana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2002
    yay, finally caught up. :)

this is just making me fall totally in love with Zekk. i really liked him, but he was always a background character. it's nice to see him in the forefront for a change.

5. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Hey Daeana,
    Welcome to the story! I'm really glad to hear that you're getting into Zekk. Back when I was in High School he was a character that really clicked with me, so now I'm giving him a place in my spot light. :)
    Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy. New post up Monday morning!

6. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    The team entered the station came to the booth and paid the admittance fee. Zekk was a little startled to see the person who took their credits also had his finger on a dead man?s switch. Zekk didn?t know what happened when the finger left the switch, but he recognized he didn?t want to be in the entry room when it happened. He just hoped the teller?s finger didn?t get tired while they were there.

Zekk was right about not being bothered. Zekk had pretty much shown that he and those aboard the shuttle were used to getting what they wanted, and probably had the skill to get it. Self-preservation overwhelmed greed, and those who kept tabs on things generally kept out of their way. It didn?t hurt that Kyian was carrying a powerful custom rifle rig across his back, and Xigmid was in his hulking form. It was true that the large form was the weakest of Xigmid?s forms, but it looked impressive. They rented rooms in a suite and set their resources up. Once that was completed, they familiarized themselves with the lay of the land, and fulfilled their front as mercenaries on a stop over between jobs.

They were bothered on occasion, it couldn?t be avoided in a place like Borlis Prime, but it was rarely anything consequential. At one point Kyian was offered a job to come over to a merc unit.

A more memorable event was when Zekk and Jokren were get lunch at one of the establishments that passed for a food vender on Borlis Prime. Selection wasn?t the best, but they were used to subsisting on what was offered wherever they were. They were seated to a meal of some sort of peeled and sautéed bug with noodles and a light oil sauce. Zekk had just decided it was pretty good, when a man came up and sat down next to Jokren.

?So,? he said with a leer, ?Is it true what they say about cyborgs??

In a flash Jokren pulled her vibroblade from its thigh sheath, and held the blade thin centimeters from the man?s throat, her arm was cocked and ready to strike. For a moment the only sound at the table was the harmonic whine of Jokren?s blade.

?I don?t think the lady is interested in conversation,? Zekk observed dryly.

The man?s now wide eyes blinked in response. He slowly pushed his chair from the table, and walked away. No one else in the bar seemed to notice the exchange, and the pace in the establishment never slowed. A tight smile graced Jokren?s features as she slid the virbroblade back into its sheath. Her eyes danced with amusement as she gave Zekk a glance that expressed her thanks.

Zekk leaned over conspiratorially and asked, ?What do they say about cyborgs anyway?? Jokren tilted her shoulders slightly and gave Zekk a look that obviously mimed coquetry, batting her lashless eyelids. They busted out laughing simultaneously.

The Black Sculls? second in command arrived at Borlis Prime on schedule. ST Xi kept the group under surveillance, but there was little they could do until Grand Moff Nolin?s representative showed up. It was largely for forms sake. Once the Imperial representative showed up the playing field and the players habits would alter enough to make their intel widely useless. However, good intel never hurt, so they took the job as serious as any part of the mission.

By three days end they knew the rather disgusting habits of the crew of the Black Sculls, as well as their rather bad taste in lum. However, there was nothing amongst this information that looked like it would pan out valued intel. ST Xi still worked up projections and analysis irregardless of value. Even if the fact that the fourth in the chain of Black Sculls command liked sweet fizz nectar was worthless, it kept the ST Xi active, and their instincts sharp.

Four days after the arrival of the Black Sculls? contingent an Imperial shuttle landed in a berth. By their actions it was obvious they were Imperial trained, though the data base ST Xi had gave no listings for them. It was a simple matter to trail the lead of the Black Sculls to the subsequent meeting.

The operation to bug the meeting

7. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Yay, lotsa action. :D Very detailed action, too. Fun. :)

Zekk turned up the volume on the com set. Nak listened for a moment before he understood Zekk?s hesitation. ?We aren?t going anywhere sir.?

What's he going to do now? [face_thinking] Great post!

8. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Wow, so I guess the boards are still on hallucinogens.
    the colors man, the colors...

Anyway,
    Thanks NenYim, I try to write fun.

What's he going to do now?
    :D It's hard to say anything about that with out being an awful tease... ;)

9. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Dec 6, 2001
    Wow. The last lines of the post give you that "Oh no" feeling (I would use a stronger word but must follow the rules of TFN ;)).

I have a slight advantage on the regular posting because I have the whole thing already written. I just have to give it a final go through, copy, paste every three days. Almost sounds too easy.

:eek: Wow! That's actually really awesome, for a couple of reasons. :D One is that I'm happy to know as a reader that the story will get finished :D (it is a sad, sad event when a person who's writing a fanfic I love gets writer's block/becomes too busy and never finishes the fic :( :_|). Another reason I find that really cool is that you've got good post lengths and pacing so that I want to keep reading; sometimes when people have their entire fanfic written, they'll post the whole thing at one time. :eek: That's a lot of reading to do in one sitting, so the updates every three days is really smart and easier to read than having a huge fic posted in one post. :)

I'm also glad I could make you smile. ;) :)
    The sig line is so nice coming from a Jedi, especially Zekk. [face_laugh]

10. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    You'll have to tell me what the 'oh no' feeling turns into in the next post. [face_devil]
    I'm pleased to hear that I could inject some anxiety. ;)

Yeah, I too been hooked on a few stories that have died before their conclusion (I imagine any fanfic reader has). That always disappoints me too. When I'm creative it's really random, I'll do what ever idea or project is rattling around in my head to blow off steam. It really wouldn't be fair to my readers to post as I write because I write with absolutely no consistent schedule.

The post pacing is something I've noticed is important for readership too. The first story I posted (over in Before the Saga) was posted in 3 consecutive daily posts. I think it got about 5 comments o_O Part of that was probably because it is all OC's. Every three days is a schedule I've seen works well for others, so I figured it if works I would roll with it.

And yeah, I really couldn't imagine anyone but Zekk using that line. He's from the fringe and has lived the life, so he's about the only Jedi who would really know how to talk the talk. I still smile when I notice it in your sig though. ;)

I especially like it because later on Zekk reflects that he prefers the control of a lightsaber over the blaster. An interesting dualism there... kind of like Zekk in my mind.

11. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Nak sighed while watching a display a short hour latter. They determined they weren?t in immediate danger, but the blockade held. The team regrouped in their suite. The mood in the entire station was subdued furry fueled by the impotence of their situation. Everyone who had ever had a dodge against the Empire wondered if they were the reason against the blockade. Only six people knew they were.

?OK, let?s assess the situation,? Nak began. ?Jokren??

Jokren sighed and began, ?Most of the slice was pretty standard. We got some good intel, enough to justify the mission when we get off this rock. Unfortunately they had a buried security routine, one that didn?t go active until it was too late. I never even recognized it till it was all over.? Jokren hesitated and then said, ?Sorry Xigmid,?

?Hey, we?ve all been there,? Xigmid said as he waived it off. ?At least I can?t be identified.?

?Right,? Nak said, ?Kyian, what is our tactical position??

?Well, Sir,? everyone is pretty tense. The Imps aren?t telling why they are blockading, just that they are. Three ships have tried to run the blockade. One was destroyed, two seized with force. They made their point I think. The Empire is looking for us, but they can?t find us, and they don?t dare come in and look for us. We?re buried with a station full of spacers, and the whole place is hostile. I think the safest option is to wait them out, as long as we have to.?

Nak considered Kyian?s report before saying, ?Agreed. Alright then, we do this stakeout style. Kyian, Jokren, and Zekk you?re one team, Gris, Xigmid, and myself will be two team. One Team, has first watch, Two Team has next.?

?What are we watching for?? Gris asked.

?Making sure we don?t get blindsided, and seeing if we can?t expedite our departure from this lovely local,? Nak responded.

Kyian and Zekk took to patrolling outside their birth, while Jokren monitored com traffic. Zekk could feel the tension that permeated the station. A few hours later they were relived by Gris and Xigmid, while Nak monitored the Com traffic by his command console. One Team took the opportunity to sleep.

While One Team slept a squadron of Stormtroopers was flown down from the Star Destroyer. Before One Team awoke the entire squad disappeared and no trace of them could be found. The Star Destroyer informed the station that the consequences would be dire if that were to happen again.

The Star Destroyer did not send a second squad.

Days passed and tensions rose. Brawls broke out daily; no one tried to break them up. The brawls were at least something to do.

Zekk expected his personal feeling of tension to have peaked by now. The blockade had fallen on them, the Imperials had made their move, and the ST Xi had responded. The feeling Zekk expected was one of stalemate, just waiting for the Imperials to realize they were at an impasse they couldn?t win. Three days had passed and Zekk?s initial feelings of unease had not lessened in the least.

?Zekk,? Nak said finally, ?Meris as a species don?t smile, and Gris has looked more cheerful than you since this mission began.?

Zekk looked up from his musing. He didn?t know Nak had noticed. ?You know, when I saw met Master Skywalker, before I really knew about the Force, my impression was that he was just so vague that? he seemed completely detached from everything. When I started at the Jedi Academy I knew I didn?t want to be reduced to phrases no one understands. Now, I have a shadow of Master Skywalker?s connection to the Force, I have to answer questions with phrases like, ?We haven?t seen the eye of the storm yet.?

?I see,? Nak said with solemnity. ?Any idea who the storm is going to fall on??

?If I had that much knowledge I?d do something useful with it,? Zekk said dryly. ?Unfortunately I?m stuck just brooding about it.?

Nak chuckled dryly and responded, ?Well, my old C.O. told me there?s no use in sucking on a pebble, don?t worry about what you can?t change.?

?Yeah, well, easier said than done I guess

12. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    And while I'm at it, my 400th post on these boards will be to wish a happy St.Pat's to all my readers. [face_good_luck]

13. NenYim

Nov 6, 2004
    This post leaves me full of questions. :D

?No sir. A force user,? Zekk said as he reached out to the current of the Force. Strike Team Xi waited, holding their breath. ?The Dark Side is with him. He isn?t even hiding it.?

Who is it? Obviously an Imp, and all that, but who? Sounds sort of like Darth Vader, "figure in black", [face_thinking].

And the question that comes after every post...what comes next? :p

Wonderful post. Can't wait for the next. :)

~
    Happy St. Patrick's Day! [face_good_luck]

14. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    Great post! Well written.

Zekk knew every student of the Shadow Academy, each pledged to obey his commands when he assumed the title of Darkest Knight. Each student envied his power, his control, but at the same time feared his anger. Every student would follow him blindly hoping to learn from him, be more like him, seeking to capture a glimmer of the glory they all believed he would obtain.

Loved that description.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! [face_good_luck]

EDIT: Sorry for missing the last post (busy). That was a great post. Nice ending to that one. :D

15. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Well it's good for me that you have questions NenYim. One of the reasons why this villain is so close to my heart is because he is an unknown who is revealed to Zekk and the audience slowly. :D

Not Darth Vader though, I'll give that one up gratis :p
    Another piece will be revealed in the next post.

I'm glad you enjoyed it DA. I liked that paragraph too. Another bit of Zekk's past I like to harp on. ;)
    Lately my posts have been cliff hangers. They won't all be like that, promise Though the next one will be the second worst in the whole Interludes saga. ;)
    And hey, I understand how busy we all get.

16. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Dec 6, 2001
    Neo-Paladin: He's from the fringe and has lived the life, so he's about the only Jedi who would really know how to talk the talk...I especially like it because later on Zekk reflects that he prefers the control of a lightsaber over the blaster. An interesting dualism there... kind of like Zekk in my mind.

*is taking notes on Zekk characterization*

I'm inspired. [face_love] I find the depth of characterization for Zekk is really awesome and even rather revealing of the character. :)

Anyway, onto the gushing over the postie--

?Zekk,? Nak said finally, ?Meris as a species don?t smile, and Gris has looked more cheerful than you since this mission began.?

Nice. :) I like that line.

When I started at the Jedi Academy I knew I didn?t want to be reduced to phrases no one understands. Now, I have a shadow of Master Skywalker?s connection to the Force, I have to answer questions with phrases like, ?We haven?t seen the eye of the storm yet.?

[face_laugh] There's something about being connected to the Force that makes one speak vaguely and obscurely. I wonder if that's a required Jedi class (How to Speak without Saying Anything At All 101). :confused: ;)

Mystery figure...hmmm...ah, scary. :eek: Not good.

?Shadow Academy?? Kyian asked.

?Err,? Zekk hitched, ?Yeah, I suppose it didn?t get much press.

[face_laugh] Not all Imperial attempts to take over the galaxy get the same press time, eh? ;) :D

ACK! Cliffhanger! ACK! :eek: 8-} Ah well, it just means I must read the next post. :) Good stuff. :)

One of the reasons why this villain is so close to my heart is because he is an unknown who is revealed to Zekk and the audience slowly.

But...but...I wanna know! :( :_| But I am intrigued. :)

17. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I?m glad you like my characterization, Carenix, I?ve given Zekk as much depth as I can in my mind. I keep thinking it?s all there, but a lot of if was given a superficial once over in pro-fic as YJK was a young adult series and they didn?t want to get too gritty. Zekk?s a character who grew up in the undercity of Corusant, I think of that as one of the hardest parts of the galaxy, like Mos Essely without the suns and more poverty. That?s such an interesting place for a Jedi to be from. Many of the other Jedi were all instilled with a strong moral compass in how they were raised. Zekk came from a much more mercenary background, and yet after seeing both the light and the dark, he chose the light.

And yet, I don?t see him spoiling for fights like Kip seems to sometimes. Zekk knows he?s not the most powerful Jedi, and I think he?d be fine with that. It?s not how much power you have, but how much good you do with the power you have.

Of course now I?m just projecting my own philosophy on to someone else?s character, but in my fic no one can stop me :p ;)

I?m glad the lines that make me smirk make my readers smile too. The humor in the Star Wars is a very important component. The mythic story lines, the good vs. evil dichotomy, and visual story telling are the mainstays of the saga, but the humor is what makes it palatable.
    You have to admit, the super-weapon-of-the-week syndrome the books had for awhile would probably make an attack on the Praxium look like a bit piece.

?and in other news a group of angst ridden teenagers from the Imperial Remnant attacked the Academy of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. The attack was defeated in 2.3 hours.
    Experts wonder: Is the Imperial Remnant out of good ideas?

Now to Gaxi?os Nuaipizi for sports?

I?m glad my readers are intrigued by the mysterious villain. I want to say more? but I want to save the reveal more. ;)
    And like I told DA, the next post?s ending will make this cliff hanger look like a speed bump :D

18. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Word traveled fast through the Borlis Prime way station. As the black cloaked figure approached others fled. A handful thought to test themselves against this mysterious stranger who terrorized the rest of the station?s inhabitants, but such thoughts evaporated like liquid nitrogen on a heat plant when they actually approached the figure.

Eventually, the figure made his way to the ST Xi shuttle. The shuttle was locked tight and secured against intrusion. The figure pulled a limpet mine from under his cloak. The small package was fastened to the hatch of the shuttle, and from a covered position the figure remote detonated it.

He walked to the ship, heedless of the debris and smoke from the mine. He leaped into the shuttle and examined the contents. He examined the interior with interest. The command console and other computers aboard were in the process of self destructing, melting under intense heat of security fail-safes installed for this sort of eventuality. The figure sniffed at the smell of ozone and melting components and continued to explore the shuttle until he decided he had gathered as much information as he could from the contents of the ship.

The dark presence was illusive, sometimes like a dark fog, impossible to pin down, other times it was a perfectly focused point of malevolence. Zekk knew he could find the being, that was his knack. What worried him was that he wasn?t sure he?d know what he find once he had tracked it down. He was vaguely certain it was a human, but little else was clear.

Still, Zekk had to remind himself, it doesn?t really matter, this was where his course led, and he had to fly it, what ever that meant. Drawing on the Force to bolster the strength of his mind, Zekk ignored all those concerns and distractions.

As Zekk?s mind cleared he felt the presence was at the team shuttle, he allowed himself to hope no one else was there. As the strategy was dynamic it was uncertain, but Zekk?s task was clear either way.

Zekk proceeded, with a slightly raised pace. He knew Kyian trailed him, at a safe distance. Their plan was simple: Zekk would confront this Dark Force user, and engage him. While they were busy Kyian would shoot their quarry. There were variables, but this plan seemed straight forward enough, and this one had the least variables.

The presence of the target suddenly became elusive again. Zekk knew what he sought could be found, it was just a matter of tracking it down. His danger sense did not ring, but it hummed. Zekk stilled his hand as it instinctively reached under his leather coat. Instead he made a motion of brushing it off. However, his left hand remained ready to pull the front of the coat open to speed the right?s access to the Jedi weapon.

Zekk did not know how he was suddenly so aware and certain, but as dread washed over him he turned and fled towards Kyian. He approached the T-intersection he had just come from, and knew Kyian would be around the corner.

As he bolted around a corner he saw many things at once. He saw Kyian unconscious at the feet of a figure clothed in a black cloak. The figure?s head was covered by a hood, and his features were covered in shadow. The cloak was parted open and under the cloak was a light, duraplast, matte black armor, similar in construction to scouttrooper armor, with mobility obviously in mind. The cloak was parted open because the figure was pointing Kyian?s dart gun at Zekk?s body, leaving a mere two meters between the two of them. The last thing Zekk noticed as he rounded the corner was there was a dart speeding towards him, fired even before Zekk had rounded the corner.

Zekk would much latter have the skills and control necessary to grab the dart mid-flight if necessary. The most Zekk was able to manage here was a hasty slap with the Force, knocking the dart off course, where it ricocheted off into the hall way behind Zekk.

The dark figure gravely nodded his head. He took the dart gun in both hands and bent the barrel, making it useless. Zekk was not so much

19. DathomiranAuthor

Jan 18, 2005
    AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

DON'T DIE ZEKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very effective cliffhanger there.

20. NenYim

Nov 6, 2004
    The dark figure stopped at this, and seemed to pause to consider. Finally, his gloved hands reached to his throat and he pulled off his cloak. He stood half a head taller than Zekk, and was much broader in the shoulders than Zekk. The face had some light scaring, perhaps from shrapnel or similar past injury, but it seemed to fit his square jaw. His hair was a short black military cut. His eyes were grey, cold, and hard.

Ooh yay! More about the black figure! :)

To Zekk, the station suddenly shifted to the right as he was painfully slammed into the wall on his left. Before he could even think about what had happened he was slammed with similarly painful force into the wall on his other side. His breath wheezed out of him completely. As he tried to suck in more air, the world dropped below him and his head cracked against the ceiling. The last thing Zekk felt before blacking out was a change in direction again. This time, he couldn?t guess which direction.

He, mercifully, blanked out before impact.

But not so yay for Zekk. Will he be okay?

Evil cliffie, but great post.

21. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Why hello DA, how are you today? What?s that?
    Ohh.
    Hmm.
    Good luck with that ;)

I?m glad you?re getting into the villain NenYim. He?ll probably drive you crazy before too long. :D I promise before the Interludes series is done you?ll know all about him. ;)

Everyone seems be worried that I?m going to kill Zekk. I will assure everyone that I probably don?t plan to kill Zekk, in the next post, maybe, at this time. ;)

22. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Dec 6, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

*twitch, twitch, twitch*

Okay, the "oh no" factor just went through the roof. :eek:

*camps out with popcorn and marshmellows for the next post*

23. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    look for the new post tomorrow :)
    hmm marshmellows. Give a fanfic writer a marshmellow and he'll want a chocolate bar, gram crackers, and a campfire? give him all that and he?ll want a glass of milk to wash the smores down.

24. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    ?Sir, I think he?s actually coming around this time,? was the first thing Zekk heard distinctly besides the background hum of machinery, which Zekk found very distracting. It was irritating really. The hums and buzzes filled his thoughts till he couldn?t hear himself think. It wasn?t any louder than normal, it was just more?

?Lieutenant?? another disembodied voice asked.

Zekk cracked open a swollen eyelid and light lanced in, making him groan. Aches and pains began registering all over his body. He reached to take account of his situation, but found himself shackled and suspended, unable to move.

?Lieutenant Zekk?? a voice asked, ?can you hear me??

?Whua?? Zekk said by way of response.

Despite the pain he began to confront memories. He hadn?t felt this much pain in years. This was nothing like then though. There was a time in the Shadow Academy when the instruction chamber was used to break him of his limits.

Brakis was a teacher with the philosophy, ?That which hurts instructs.? The instruction chamber was the farthest extension of that philosophy. Brakis believed the instruction chamber was his greatest achievement at the Shadow Academy; he gave it a large portion of the credit for why the Shadow Academy was as successful as it was as quickly as it was.

The theory was simple: induce the student to pain until they can break through their upper limits. As a student was within the chamber induced pain was ramped up until the student was able to overcome their limitations. The student knew well in advance the pain did not stop until they had overcome whatever limitations were the purpose of their visit. The students also knew in advance that not all students survived. The fraction of fatalities was small, but every student knew what was expected of them.

At the time Zekk felt the loss of life justified. It was necessary for the weak to be weeded out. If they could not survive they were not capable of breaking their limitations. If they were limited they had no place in the Shadow Academy, no place in the future, and the instruction chamber did them a favor.

?Jedi Zekk!? a voice shouted. Zekk recognized it as belonging to Captain Nak

?Ssrah?? Zekk responded.

?I asked if you can use get this door open, get us out of here.?

Zekk?s eyes pealed open slowly and he looked around the room. He was in some sort of suspension field that tinged the walls blue. He could make out Captian Nak, and Kyian inside a cell with energized bars. Jokren was sitting in a chair. A cord plugged into her cybernetic implants. Her limbs were shackled to the chair, but her body was slack. Zekk muzzly wondered what was wrong with Jokren. He tried to move, but his hands and legs were immovable. Zekk saw it was suspension shackles holding him in place within the suspension field. He tugged at them ineffectually.

?Zekk!? Nak shouted again, ?Can you use the force on that control pad??

?Yhha,? Zekk mumbled. It was simple, just telekinesis. Zekk remembered the first time he saw telekinesis. Jania showed him. It was something small, levitating a stylus maybe, but amazing to him still. Zekk had mentioned skepticism about her uncle?s ?religion? and Jaina was determined to show Zekk that he was wrong.

Zekk thought of the first time he met Jania. Zekk rarely went up to the upper city, except to run an errand for Pekham or what Zekk euphemistically referred to as business.

In this case it was actually legitimate commerce. Someone was looking an antique droid part, and posted the request on the public trade nets. They were offering a high price for it too. The integrated process extension was droid technology that had been new at the end of the Mandilore wars. It had not been popularly used for almost a century. However Zekk knew he had seen one only a few weeks before. It was a quick matter to find it, and almost as quick to check that is was functional. His posted his response was the first reply and the delivery was agreed upon.

Zekk decided to save the cost and make the d

25. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Dec 6, 2001
    Ooo...I definately like the backstory with the "instruction chamber". It makes the Shadow Academy sound much more dark and dangerous than how it was presented in the YJK.

However, there wasn?t a civilized planet that hadn?t heard of Chewbacca and the Solos. The twins alone had been responsible for a baby boom.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I remember there was a part in I, Jedi where Mirax would leave holos of news with the Solo twins around for Corran to see since she wanted to start a family. ;) :)

She then said something that echoed in Zekk?s ears for years to follow (for reasons he never quite identified). ?I?m building a droid, you wanna see??

Some might say the day was unforgettable. For Zekk it was surreal, and blew by so fast he only sort of remembered meeting Jacen, seeing Anakin, and for some reason agreeing to meet with the twins later. Zekk was rewarded with the earlier expression of delight for agreeing.

Awww... [face_love] [face_love] That is just so cute. I love it. [face_love]

I really like how Zekk's scattered thoughts are played out. It's really informative of the character and gets the point across of the neural disrupter before you even have to say there's a neural disrupter. Very nice. :)

Poor Jokren. :( I hope she's okay.

No explanation was needed, as a moment later the door opened and before them was Leia Organa Solo.

:eek: What the--? Leia? Now there's someone I wasn't expecting to see riding to the rescue but that's really cool! :cool:

*ready for the next post*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.