main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zekk, Next Sith Lord? (Fury Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BROWNHORNET, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROWNHORNET

BROWNHORNET Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2007
    After reading Fury and Zekk's brush with the dark side courtesy of the Sith meditation chamber, it got me thinking that Zekk might be Caedus's apprentice. At first, I thought it would be Tahiri. But Caedus is pretty dismissive of her in Fury.

Of course, Caedus might not take an apprentice, but it seems to me that Caedus won't survive Invincible, and if the writers want to use a viable Sith Lord with ties to many of the GFFA/Jedi characters, and an extremely personal tie and perhaps motivation against Jaina-the Sword of the Jedi-Zekk fits the bill. With perhaps Tahiri as Zekk's apprentice.

Perhaps it's more of wish on my part. I think it would be a cool idea to make him a Sith Lord, which allows the writers to use Sith, but ignore Krayt's Sith.

What do you all think about Zekk as a Sith apprentice?

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I doubt there'll be more Sith Lords after Invincible, if Caedus dies. If the we're to believe Krayt is a surprise and the Jedi are caught flatfooted in Legacy, there can't be a lingering Sith menace.

That being said, I really liked that Zekk's brush with the dark side was story motivated - he'd been to the dark side before, and was forced to remember it - and it may figure into the next two books. Perhaps it will have something to do with why Jaina finally ends up with Jag.

3. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I like the fact that it comes into play a little. The Darkest Knight becoming the Lightest Knight just like that is a little hard to completely accept. Seeing him grapple with it just a bit is good.

Of course, there really hasn't been a real "From Dark to Light to Dark" type character and I'd rather not see so much alignment flipping.

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Maybe it's just me, but I always thought "The Darkest Knight" was a cooler sounding title than "Dark Lord of the Sith."

5. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Zekk as the next Sith would be very interesting. I have to say I'd enjoy immensely.
    It would give the story another twist and as BobaMatt said, could play a part in Jaina and Jag finally getting together.

6. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Problem is, he already fell once. Wouldn't it be kind of exceedingly lame for him to fall again? I'm looking at Quinlan Vos right now.

7. StarByStar

StarByStar Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    OKay, im kinda lost..what part/page are we talking about with Zekk??

8. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007
    It occurs inside Darth Vectivus' hideout. He get's overwhelmed with dark side energy and the dark side tries to convince Zekk into killing Jag so he can have the IMOD all to himself. He also used the dark side to "free" the Sith Sphere. I don't think Zekk can ever be 100% light side. I think this part of the storyline was def forshadowing future dark storylines for Zekk.

9. KnightDawg

Nov 26, 2007
    Even if Darth Caedus dies.....we're talking about a 100 year gap before Darth Krayt makes himself known. There is no way the EU writers will cover that entire century gap without any Sith. That's a long time if you consider all that has occurred between the last 100 years. Yes, there was Thrawn(I-)) , Vongs, and those stupid insects(I-)X1000), but nothing can substitute the Dark Lords in the SW Universe for a good story to tell.

10. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    That would require them to make Jaina something more than just a bit player, and we know that'll never happen. :p

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm not really expecting Caedus to take an apprentice, which is a shame, as there was a lot of potential to leave a lingering Banite presence the way they did with Lumiya. I suppose they might just have Tahiri go rogue and leave us to wonder.

Zekk though... I like it. There probably isn't time for Caedus to train him now, although with how random and side story based some of the LOTF books have been, I admit I wouldn't put it past them to suddenly go off on a tangent in Revelation.

Even so, as much as I'd prefer him to take an apprentice who can secretly survive, there does seem to be potential with Zekk's recent brush with the dark side to see him slipping back into its grip. The only problem is it might be too much like Kyp's brief fall, so if they were to use Zekk as a bad guy I'd like to see something original not just your stereotypical obsessed lover who falls to the dark side after being rejected.

12. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I consider the fury incident and Jaina's thoughts about Zekk in Tempest - that he wouldn't use the Dark Side to save his own life - are just foreshadowing of Zekk's death. Some similar scene to the one in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous where the one Jedi could kill Asajj Ventress if he would just use the Dark Side, but eventually resists the temptation, so that Asajj can kill and kill again in the future. I expect that when Zekk has only his own life think about and could save himself from some dangerous situation only by using the Dark Side, he won't do that and chooses death.

13. KnightDawg

Nov 26, 2007
    God I hope not. I think the EU will need the Zekk/Jag tension in future storylines.

14. ModernLifeisWar

ModernLifeisWar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2007
    Until Batman smacks him around for using the title.

15. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Actually, more the opposite.

Jaina and Jag get together plays a part in Zekk turning Sith.

16. _Erasmus_

_Erasmus_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2007
    He doesn't need to turn dark, per se.

He could just separate himself from the Jedi and turn bounty hunter again.

Besides, we don't need Sith.

The Hutts Strike Back!

17. BROWNHORNET

BROWNHORNET Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2007
    I don't think Zekk falling again would be lame at all. How many drug addicts relapse? I can see the dark side as having some addictive properties.

I do love Quinlan Vos. But I much rather would've had him be Darth Krayt. To use him as an intermediary Sith Lord, really a throwaway Sith Lord until Krayt reveals himself seems wrong somehow. I want him to go out better than that.

I really hope the writers turn Zekk instead of removing him with an equally cliched, lame noble sacrifice. With Zekk as the main bad guy, and perhaps Tahiri as his apprentice, it would force the writers to bring Jaina and the new generation of Jedi more to the forefront.

I too agree with the poster about keeping a lingering Banite Sith legacy alive. It would be cool to see a secret war perhaps between the Banite Sith (Zekk, Tahiri, or someone else) against Krayt's One Sith in the interim years before Legacy's Sith-Imperial War.

18. Darth_Erronus

Darth_Erronus Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    Maybe Tahiri is already being trained by Caedus as a side story (as someone put it.). Then after Caedus buys the moisture farm she will take over with Zekk as her apprentice. Could be interesting if it happens.

19. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I think one of the cool aspects of Zekk is the amount of restraint he exercises. He seems capable of immense power and it is hinted at all through SBS. In Fury Zekk has no problem overriding Alema?s commands to send the Sith Sphere away. It says it was like a mound and he pushed and it was gone.

I would hate him as an apprentice! He?s too good for that; it would demean all that he spent his life striving to eradicate! But I could see how it was a Exar Kun/Ulic Droma thing where both were great. But that?s not gonna happen either.

The big question is: why did Zekk have his darkside lapse? What does it do for plot or characterization?

Perhaps it is to show he would not use the DS to save his own butt, but he would use it to help someone he loves.

I wonder if we will hear of it again? Likely not.

I?ll say it again. Zekk is too strong and too cool to be Caedus? slave!

20. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Zekk would be as successful as Alema...no way he could be a great sith

21. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Exactly!

This is what I've ben musing since Fury, on how they could play it out with Zekk. And, no, I don't think they're setting him up as a Sith Lord.

After Caedus rampage through the galaxy, Luke Skywalker is going to be on edge about anything or anyone who could possibly go dark. It makes since. Zekk was obviously touched by the darkside in the same astroid field that Jacen Solo visited shortly before he went completely off of the deep end. Skywalker will be nervous about Zekk. Maybe, he'll be afraid that Zekk will pull a Durron and blow-up a planet, or that he'll go Sith altogether. Maybe, he'll be asked to leave, or maybe, it will be more of an understanding.

This will infuriate Jaina. It could cement in her, the feeling's of mistrust that Han has toward's the Jedi Leadership, since Anakin's death. Leia alludes to this in Betrayal. It's alway's right there with Han, he doesn't trust them, family ties and longstanding frienship's not withstanding. I don't think it's the Jedi, altogether, that he doesn't trust, it's the Jedi Council.

Jaina who has become more than a Jedi since the ordeal with Caedus, and the near destrcution of her family, will leave the Jedi Order and the dysfunction of it's leadership behind. She'll leave behind the year's of bad memories and pain.

And I really, really, really hope that she or Han one get to tell the Council off! All of them! [face_frustrated]

She'll go straight into the arm's of Jagged Fel, whom she has alway's loved. He can provide her a life of security away from the horrible pain and memories, and take her away from the constant reminder's of all the horrible tragedies she has been through. He allow's her to be herself without any sort of manipulation. She will take Zekk with her, and together they will found the Imperial Knight's. I could see Zekk becoming the first Master Draco. He doesn't have a lastname and the origin's of the name Draco seem to be more of a symbol to me. Jag and Zekk have become friend's and I don't see any conflict coming from either one of them. Zekk know's the score. :p Empress Fel and Master Draco's lifelong friendship seal's the fate on why the IK's are loyal to the Fel family above all else. Jag/Jaina/Zekk will become the new big three, and live many blissful year's together in the Empire.

See? :) All too easy....

22. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    I saw Zekk's interlude with the darkness just as a reminder that the Dark Side is always there, even in the tiniest crevices of our minds. Frankly, I think he'll be okay, no Sithhood for Zekk, IMO.

23. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    He will be used against Jaina in some way by Jacen I believe

24. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    Just give us more Zekk, authors. Be nice with him and Durron, like Allston was. [face_praying]

25. SuperLariat

SuperLariat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Why can't Zekk be corrupted by Jacen after being corrupted by the sphere? Let him darken and darken, becoming Jacen's apprentice in secret and then fill the ranks of his Sith followers in the same manner as Darth Bane?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.