main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zekk or Jagged?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by UltimateMandalore, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    Who do you think Jaina will end up with? Are there any others I missed?

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    People will say you forgot Kyp, but that never really existed anyway :p

Oh, and Jag, while Zekk tags along and starts the Imperial Knights to defend Jaina and her family.

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    There is a Poll over in the EUC for this very question, with other options.

4. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I vote for Jacen.

gotta keep up with star wars tradition...

5. browwiw

browwiw Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2007
    It's gonna be Jag/Zekk and you know it.

So, I vote Jaina/pint of ice cream.

6. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Jagged/Jaina/Zekk!

You know they all love each other :p

Though, seriously? I guess I'm more in favour of Jaina/Zekk. Couldn't really say why except I think I'm a sucker for how sweetly, idiotically devoted Zekk is. I don't want him...going home with nothing.

Having said that, I'm sure there's more fans who want Jaina/Jagged and that would probably be better for the franchise. We kind of need more non-Force sensitive main characters and I guess that while he's very different from Han, Jaina kind of takes up Han's fiery spirit...either way the Jaina/Jagged relationship seems to recall Han/Leia a little more than Jaina/Zekk which is perhaps more like Luka/Mara.

Hey, maybe Jaina can get together with Zekk for like, twenty minutes before he dies tragically to save her, or something? That way Zekk can die happy and Jaina can go on to form the Fel Dynasty...

7. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Lowie.

Personally, I'd like to see Jag/Jaina as Emperor and Empress, with Fel/Solo kids running around - it would be a chaotic, stubborn relationship, but an interesting one... but I can see the POV of the Jaina/Zekk people too, I guess. Zekk actually reminds me more of Luke, you know, beccatoria? [face_thinking]

So, sidestep the problem: Let the Wookiee win!

And you can put that in your .sig, if you want to! [face_mischief]

The walking carpet is the ideal compromise candidate!!

:D :p ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

8. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Jaina dies in Sacrifice, so there's really no point in this discussion... j/k... i think...

as much as i hate to say it, odds are Jag will get the girl due to LEGACY, especially now that we know Hapes is independent in that timeframe and has been for awhile, meaning the Fel line presumably doesn't involve Allana, and they have to get their Force-powers and Solo-looks from somewhere.

9. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Hey, this is my first message on these boards, and what better way to show where my loyalties lie?

I have been a hardcore Jaina/Zekk shipper since reading the YJK series many years ago. That has not changed. In fact, I used to despise Jagged Fel with an unbridled passion because I felt he was taking Jaina away from her true soul mate. Doubtless there are others who feel the same way, on both sides of the fence.

However, while Jag is still not on my list of favourites, I have grown to appreciate him as a character. To the point where I don't mind him. At times, I even like the guy.

But I am still holding out hope that Jaina and Zekk will fall in love, get married, and have children. I even won't mind Jag still being in the picture, as long as he's cool with the whole situation. Hell, he can even be the best man at the wedding, and godfather to one of their kids (or are they called hold-fathers? I don't know).

Oh by the way, in regards to Hapes and Allana being related to the Fels, we do not know for certain what has happened to the Consortium in the last century. It's entirely possible that Allana could have married Fel I. You never know. They might not tell about that until some future novel (or comic).

I mean take a look at the British royal family. They're all of German descent!

Anyway, no offense to J/J shippers and all that, but you know where I stand.

10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, Furyan_Jedi_13!

Goes to show how large this GFFA already is... I don't even know who these Zekk and Jagged are, much less care for them - even though I read a good share of Star Wars my whole life.

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Jaina is going to pull at Tenel Ka and have no husband, just a kid. Han and Leia would have a fit![face_laugh]

Honestly, I don't see Jaina with anyone.

12. saber_death

saber_death Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    well, according to a recent issue of LEGACY, Hapes has been neutral/unaligned since before the Sith-Imperial War. if the Fel's were Allana's descendents you'd think they'd be on his side, especially after Krayt's betrayal. but yeah, it is possible, perhaps if it weren't Allana but one of her daughters, presumably a younger one who woudn't inherit the Hapan throne, that married into the Fel line. then they'd be related, giving the Fel's Solo traits, but not inherently united.

that would be funny dianethx, though we would still have to argue about who Jaina would pick to do so with. though that scenario could allow for an "all of the above" answer: 1 kid with Zekk, 1 with Jag, 1 with Kyp, 1 with Jacen... err... ok, maybe not him.

13. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    That's about as likely as Jacen stabbing himself with a lightsaber.

It's too good to be true.

I wanted zekk to marry jaina ever since I read YJK, but it's impossible now.

14. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Not Jag. That just makes Cade's thingie with Sia sort of...weird. We've had enough incest in Star Wars.

15. starlit_goddess

starlit_goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2007
    Impossible. Take away the incest from CSI, and all you have is crazy space.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But Cade doesn't have a thing with Siah. That's just fan speculation.

17. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Why is Jacen always included with Jain's possible love intrests.

In Incest...twincest that humerious? Or is it alot of SW fans have really dirty fetishes?

18. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Yeah that was a error in....was it 7? It was supposed to be Deliah Blue.

I'm pretty sure it was fixed in the trade though.

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, it was fixed.

And I'd say Jag, because I like the character and think he's key, going forward, as the non-Jedi next-generation character. I've never understood the complaints against him.

However, I am sympathetic to Zekk. I like his character also and his unrequited crush is sympathetic. However, Jaina's not really interested in him, and it would be a bit forced to for her to get married to her 15-year-old mild crush. They work better as friends. I'd prefer to see Zekk get over her and find love and enjoy himself with someone else. Hell, make it a new character. Bring someone into the fold.

20. browwiw

browwiw Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2007
    It would be kind of weird if it was Mirta...

21. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It became humorous as of RotJ...in fiction. Real life, not so much.

22. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    We do not know if Jagged Fel creates the Imperial Knights. We do not even know when they were created. And as for Jaina and Jacen, They are related to each other. That would be very weird. You do not know that she dies.

23. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I prefer Zekk, but I think at this point it's gotten as ridiculous as hoping for Kyp. so I'd say she either moves on to someone new or Jag.

I don't think there is any reason Roan Fel has to have Jaina as his ancestor. Jag (or another Fel) could meet up with a Force sensitive at any time. And I am tired of hearing that Marisa looks like Jaina, why? There are many attractive brown eyed brown haired humans out there, that does not make them related.

The Zekk/Jag rivalry in Exile was very humorous!!!!! I hope the threesome continues! Ahemmmm [face_blush]

24. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Early on, maybe. Now, it's just annoying. I mean, really. Carrying a torch for someone for 15 years isn't endearing, it's pathetic. Or obsessive.

If even Joiner-intoxication can't get her to hook up with you, she just not that into you. :p

I'd prefer to see Zekk take a bullet (or poisoned Alema dart, or Sith lightsaber) for Jaina. There's no better mythic ending for unrequited love than to give your own life so she lives, even if that means she spends the rest of her life with someone else. That's the ultimate unconditional love - loving someone enough to put their happiness above your own, even if it breaks your heart.

In Zekk's case, there is no other woman who could ever live up to Jaina in his mind and heart. An heroic sacrifice for her is a better fate for him than spending the rest of his life mourning a love he never had.

25. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    What did zekk ever do to you.

I think he deserves to live at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.