main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zekk.....(Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthjulian777, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    Are we EVER going to find out what happened to Zekk with the cancellation of Blood Oath? I still can't believe she couldn't turn in a manuscript on time, and I really would like to know what happened to him. I know we see him a little in Backlash, but it speaks nothing about what happened to him.

2. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    From what I understand, he shows up in Backlash. Which was just released.

3. Treborani

Treborani Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2009
    I'll black out spoilers just in case anyone stumbles onto this. This might be asked to be put in the Backlash thread, but anyway what we know is this: The Jedi searched for a week and didn't find him. He was actually recovered by the Hapans and has been in the Hapes Consortium for the past two years, presumably spending a lot of time with Taryn who accompanies Zekk to Dathomir. The Jedi were never told that Zekk lived, but the Solo's found out. Hopefully, we get more later in the series.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Because we all know that Troy Denning can't actually kill any of his characters. :rolleyes:

I know Zekk isn't actually one of his characters, but if a character seems to die in one of his novels, you'd better see the body before you assume they're dead. Raynar, Jag and Alema all had ambiguous "deaths" in his novels, and they always show up later...usually in another one of Denning's novels.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So by that logic Jacen will return in Vortex, right?

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He could at least try and make contact after he was picked up.

7. Kaxs

Kaxs Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2009
    Well, we did "see" Jacen's dead body. Besides, he sort of returned in Abyss, didn't he?

8. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Probably run out of power on his mobile. Or didn't buy one with the bandwidth supported by Hapans. :p

Apparently Zekk didn't care. Nor did the Jedi. Jaina should have been able to feel him in the force.

9. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Well, I guess if I was chilling with one of those twins, I wouldn't have made contact either for a while. I wonder how Jaina will react to him being alive when she sees him.

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Ran out of minutes and texts. :p

If he was on an assignment, it'd make sense why he kept quiet. For all we know, all the other Jedi have known he's been alive since he reappeared.

11. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    His 3G network didn't let him talk to Jedi and Hapans at the same time

12. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    What about Hapan Jedi?:p

13. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    The second Blood Oath was cancelled they should have put more into the Zekk part of Backlash. That was terrible and there is no excuse. It's a disservice to the readers (as it makes no sense) and to his fans.

14. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I agree. It makes no sense.

15. Kaxs

Dec 28, 2009
    I just realized something interesting. I haven't read Backlash yet, but from what I've heard (or read) it reveals that Zekk has spent two years with the Hapans?

Let's go back to The Courtship of Princess Leia and the old Young Jedi Knights series. IIRC, a Dathomiri woman would "capture" the male she wanted to marry, correct? And, again IIRC and again YJK, the first time Tenel Ka met Zekk, she captured him in a rope. Add one and one together, and you got yourself an answer as to what Zekk did during this time with the Hapans! He took Jacen's place!! [face_dancing]

I'd like to see Jaina's reaction at that ;)

16. Xicer

Xicer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2008
    Except for the fact that he's romantically involved with one of the Zel twins.

17. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    So does this mean he left the Jedi Order then?

Because Luke laid down the law back in the NJO (I forget which book) and said all the Jedi had to behave and follow the Order first and foremost or get the heck out. It seems like if a Jedi ran off and started completing missions for another group as he seems to have done, that he would need to at least tell the Jedi Grand Master and you know, get permission or something.

18. Kaxs

Dec 28, 2009
    He's been in the Hapes Consortium for two years! Don't you think he's learned a thing or two about treachery? :p

19. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Who knows since all we got of him was a fleeting glimpse of his shadow and a vague mention that he was suddenly helping Han Solo. I'm all for in medias res, but at least give us something to work with here Allston!

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Isn't that what they did during the Killik mess? And what Leia does all the time? Kessel in Outcast, for example.

If Zekk was working with the Hapans, it may have been sanctioned by the Jedi. Who knows?

21. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Actually, I think the book mentioned the jedi didn't know he was back and still alive for those two years.

22. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Don't you think it was a bit late to add so much to the book when that happened? You can only add so much out of the blue like that without derailing the rest of the book.

23. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    You are so correct! I guess nobody cares about Luke's big stand to take charge of the Jedi and demand loyalty.

24. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    that's what I thought even though I haven't read it yet.

25. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    It's too bad that there are no other authors in this world, otherwise we could get Blood Oath penned by someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.