main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

zelda fanfilms?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by hippyboy111, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippyboy111

hippyboy111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2004
    A while back there were a few people workin on some Zelda films. I haven't seen any updates on those for a few months and was wondering if anyone knows if they are still being worked on or if they have been bannished to the fan film graveyard?

2. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Tekmaster, I think was doing one.

3. ccfilms

ccfilms Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    a zelda fan film would rock the world! Not some cheezy one, im talking something as well done as "Lord of the Rings". We need to get like a group of CGI guys, a great director, screenplaywriter (who can keep to the Zelda canon), some great cinematographers and actors from the fan film community together, someone can finance the whole thing and make something big. ! I'm serious! who's with me in calling for this???

4. starbuccaneer

starbuccaneer Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2004
    An epic film that you can't make a profit on. That'll attract the backers like fish to a hot air balloon.

5. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Bam!

Anyway, I know there are at least two in the works.

6. NitroBlade

NitroBlade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2004
    I know a friend of mine working on one. He's been working on the screenplay a lot. The stuff he has invisioned for this is pretty big, and he's putting a lot of money into it. There's even this really nice castle in toronto that looks like Hyrule that he'll hope to be able to use for a short scene.

Whether he can actually do it depends on work, ressources, etc... I know he can do it, and do it well, and I hope he does.

7. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Nitro, if youre talking about Casa Loma in Toronto, i think your friend is gonna be disappointed. ive heard that they dont really allow independent filmmakers access for shooting. of course, i could be wrong...

8. OutlawImpy

OutlawImpy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2003
    While I was working on the armor for a couple of bounty hunters in my film, I came across this site.

http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_zelda.html

This lady makes some pretty cool armor on the cheap and fairly quick. Anybody doing a Zelda fanfilm would do well to check out her methods. I was pretty impressed with a lot of her stuff like Suikoden armor.

9. hippyboy111

Feb 18, 2004
    Well im currently trying to write this script, which is coming out terrible. Im just gunna restart it, or attempt to find someone to write it for me, and I doubt that is gunna happen. I dont have much luck with scripts.

Anyway, after I finnish up the film im currently workin on im gunna realy get into pre-production for my zelda film. I do have the funding for a large film, and from what I am seeing I am gunna need a ton of props. I also have a friend who owns a horse farm so i have access to about 20 horses.

Ill post more info on this film in a few weeks, and if anyone has any ideas or something they would like to see in this film let me know. I need all the help I can get...lol

10. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    PM me and I'll give you some help with the script. I'd like to see a Zelda fanfilm at least given a good start.

11. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    You should hang out at the Zelda forum on Nintendo.com. People might be able to help you with ideas. You might not want to tell them that you're making a movie, though...just letting you know ahead of time. ;)

12. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    When I was at an anime-con this weekend, I saw a bunch of people cosplaying as Link, and some pretty good costumes too. Leads me to believe it's not that hard to make it looks right. Problem is: they were all girls.

13. Shadowneat

Shadowneat Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2003
    Problem is: they were all girls.

That was a problem!?

14. hippyboy111

Feb 18, 2004
    yea...ive noticed that too....btw....heres a little teaser for yall.

It has been a few weeks since Link's adventure in "Ocarina of Time", and everything seems to be returning to normal. Then Link starts having strange nightmares again. He also finds out that Zelda is having similar nightmares. Meanwhile, an archaeologist disvovers a strange black pyramid in a dig. Link and Zelda meet a man named Kasuto who claims that they have been decieved by the Sages and their entire belief system. Link and Zelda find out that there is another evil presence; an evil so powerful that Ganondorf is just an annoyance in comparison. They must destroy this evil force before it destroys the Universe. They also discover the truth about the Triforce, a secret that a group of people have protected for ten thousand years. Link and Zelda find out that they, and the whole world, have been tricked into believing the biggest of lies...

it's based on a fanfic by kasuto. it's on kasuto.net if anyone wants to read it.

15. Bringer_of_Spiff

Bringer_of_Spiff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2003
    If I bleached my hair, it would look like Link's. All I'd need is a tunic, tights and a hat, along with a shield, sword, boomerang, bow, hookshot, bombs, etc.

16. Goldleader23

Sep 15, 2003
    Link and Zelda find out that there is another evil presence; an evil so powerful that Ganondorf is just an annoyance in comparison.

...And his name is...TINGLE!

17. Puzzler2000

Puzzler2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2002
    Just my two cents:

If I were writing a Zelda fanfilm, first of all I wouldn't continue or directly adapt any of the existing game storylines. Instead, I would form a new movie based around a new Link. The movie would revolve around the events forming his character and his ultimate quest to save Hyrule from the vile Gannon. I would take elements from each game and merge them to form a universal Link that fits a movie's demands.

I would like to point out that each game features a new and unique Link, Zelda, and Hyrule time period. Windwaker sortof attributes this to a legend that throughout time, when Hyrule is in danger, a hero would arise and save the world.
    Also, one way of looking at it as suggested by game creator Miyamoto, there is no specific "Link" character. Instead, the character of Link "links" the player to the game and represents the player in a fantasy realm. We become the hero as we play. That's why you have the right to name your unique Link for each game.

I'd also like to point out the dangers of the course. There are so many perils of adapting a video game to a movie. Many have failed in this task (Super Mario, Mortal Combat, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Ecks vs. Sever (wtf?)). A game represents hours and hours of loong drawn out adventures, and a movie is just 2 hours. Origins in games could be summed up in simple messages (look at Zelda 1 or Super Mario) whereas movie goers need more plot to make sense. Many games experience many often inconsistent reincarnations, so there isn't a specific story to work with. Characters in old games were very one sided, though new technology allows for more character development. Some games just don't have a good set of supporting characters, instead focusing on the main hero. Good luck if you're going to try this. You'll need it.

18. ccfilms

ccfilms Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    YES GOLDLEADER!!! YES!!! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

19. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    Ecks vs. Sever was a videogame?

Also, I thought that the Mario Brothers movie was sweet.

20. VengeanceGOD

VengeanceGOD Jedi Master star 3

Nov 25, 2003
    You have no right to an opinion ever again.

21. Funk-The-Plank

Funk-The-Plank Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    I also thought that Cyber Ninja ruled in the same manner.

EDIT: Arrgh, I forgot that th' sock was still on..

22. Goldleader23

Sep 15, 2003
    YES GOLDLEADER!!! YES!!! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

*takes a bow* :)

A game represents hours and hours of loong drawn out adventures, and a movie is just 2 hours.

I always thought Ocarina of Time would make a good mini series or something. I would like to see any form of Zelda Fanfilm, though. As long as whoever makes one knows what they're doing and know the series well enough, I think it would be fine. And, hippyboy111, that sounds like a good place to start. I'd like to see the script when you have one.

23. hippyboy111

Feb 18, 2004
    I just finished with a little effects test for some fairys....ill upload some pics later. also...if anyone wants to see the script end me a PM

24. Bringer_of_Spiff

Bringer_of_Spiff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2003
    Instead of shooting it with real people, in my opinion it would be easier to make the whole movie CG.

25. Funk-E

Sep 11, 2003
    You're serious?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.