main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What, this one? I like it. Basically a cross between her SS and OOT appearances.

[​IMG]

Though lol, that sword would make Cloud Strife feel inadequate.

Corellian_Outrider and Life like this.
  2. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    The latest Famitsu Magazine revealed three things on Hyrule Warriors, courtesy of the Koei Warriors Forum.

1. Zelda and Midna confirmed playable. Zelda uses a rapier created from magic. She can also use bow in her moveset. Midna fights with a shadow wolf born from magic. Her hair can also be used like a hand to attack

2. King Dodongo and Lizalfos are also appearing as enemy NPCs

3. Link is also shown using a magic rod as his other weapon

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Wanted to post this before I sleep.

Open World Zelda and it is gorgeous.

Also Hyrule Warriors comes out September 26

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, the new Zelda game does look gorgeous. Their comments about open world sound really intriguing. Link Between Worlds was different in an interesting from the traditional Zelda approach, looking forward to seeing how they apply that to a beautiful new Wii U game. Wonder how long until they start leaking hints for what the story will be.

At least there will be Hyrule Warriors to pass the time until then.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    OMFG MIDNA!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing] And huh, Zelda doing the "I got an item!" pose is certainly different.

But seriously. Wii U bought. I must have these games. :D

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  7. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The detail in that screenshot… people working in the fields, goats, cottages, a well, a… not sure what to call it.. bridge with tree house type structure… and looks like Death Mountain has a fire going… if it is Death Mountain.

When I first saw the face of the character, at first made me think of Korra from The Legend of Korra animated series but since it is not Link then it might be female then.

Cannot wait to get my hands on both!

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If you were on the fence about Hyrule Warriors, you'll want to jump to 12:00 into this video from the Treehouse Live event and watch for about 70 seconds.

Scratch that. EVERYONE will want to jump to 12:00 into this video and watch for about 70 seconds. :cool:

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I always knew those creepy Great Faries and Majora were in league. :p

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So according to a video on IGN, there are 9 player slots, 2 were highlighted at E3: Link and Zelda. Impa and Midna have been announced. So that's 4 total. Who are the other 5?

Of the bat, one of them has got to be Ganondorf.

If there is a Midna level, I’m also going to have to guess Zant.

Other random guesses:

Fi
    Ghirahim
    Groose
    Gaepora
    Demise
    Skull Kid
    Tingle (I hope to heck not)

Thoughts?

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I heard elsewhere it was 10 players with an even 5/5 M/F split.

Also they demo'd Midna at E3 as well.

I'm not sure we'll get a lot of villains though- have there been any indication of villain campaigns? I'd assume neutral antagonists like Skull Kid would be more likely than Zant. Ganon will probably be the only real villain I think.

My guess:
    M: Link, Ganondorf, Skull Kid, Sahasrahla, a Skyloft character maybe?
    F: Zelda, Impa, Midna, Saria, Tetra

13. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    I can see Tetra representing the Wind Waker sub-series, though maybe Linebeck, but that's a stretch (really, really unlikely). Groose would also be something like that- supporting character, somewhat memorable, but not really a fighter. Well, they turned Midna into a fighter but she's still riding on Wolf Link too (and seems to have a lot of magical powers).

Would a Dark Link count as a separate character or just a palette swap of regular Link? Guess that depends on if they mean "campaign story" or just playable. Ganondorf will probably be playable, considering its Ganon so its hard to exclude him (take Smash for instance). Probably not Wolf Link as she's already Link's ride.

On another forum I saw some artwork for this game with Link, Zelda and another female character I didn't recognize, so maybe she'll be another of the playable characters too. Hm, Hilda's probably still too new and would mostly be a recolor of Zelda too.

Guess it depends on whether different versions of Link count (such as how Smash had regular Link and Toon Link).

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Other possibilities to speculate: that warrior village character from Twilight princess whose name escapes me at the moment, a Zora, a Goron.

Outside chance as unlockable: A goat and Error. ;)

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I love the looks of the open world Zelda game. I'd never really thought about getting a Wii U before but that looks awesome. There are other games as well that make me tempted to get a Wii U.

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003

At 1:56 they talk about playable characters and that's where I first heard the number 9.

Based on other videos I've watched and wikipedia, here is an updated list of characters that I think will be playable.

Bad guys
    Ganondorf
    Cia
    Wizzro
    Valga

Good guys
    Link
    Zelda
    Impa
    Midna

Assuming Wizzro is male, then the split of M/F is even above. I don't know who the 9th character would be. Maybe it's Pacman. :)

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Box art from Amazon.com.

[​IMG]

The girl on the right - Cia before she turns to evil (or after she's saved from evil) ?

Life and Jedi_Dajuan like this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow! Me want poster!

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Ditto. Zelda box art can't not be amazing.

20. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, I was going to get this game anyway, but nice box art is another plus. I've heard speculation that that other girl on the cover could be Cia, her sister (people debating whether the she fits the silhouette seen in some cutscenes), or something else. For all we know we could have a past or future Cia even against the current possessed one, its hard to tell. Not like this game will follow the normal Zelda conventions that much (and it'll be interesting to see how far they stretch things while still retaining the Zelda traditions, such as seeing Zelda be the one to open a chest and have the "get item" theme play).

We would probably have heard about another original character created for this game by now- Link, Zelda and even Midna aren't really a surprise, though if there is another villain is still not known. Ganondorf is the normal choice for mastermind, but even he's not always the villain, depending on the time period and timeline and this game isn't part of any normal timeline.

A poster of that box art would be really nice. Wonder if there are any pre-order bonuses for this game.

21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Ganondorf is the villain. His eyes are seen at the end of the E3 trailer.

22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Plus his laugh can be heard. It's pretty obvious. :)

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some higher rez versions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could the girl on the right be a form of Nayru?

[​IMG]

She has a somewhat similar look (differences could be attributed to a "battle look" ala Zelda's armor), seems to be blue-ish tones (though, granted, more lavender in the art) and the color blue has been associated with her/the Triforce of Wisdom ever since they changed the Triforce color coding in OOT.

It would also explain the presence of Link's blue cape-scarf.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Cool observation, The2ndQuest.

The villians Wizzro and Valga in Hyrule Warriors are modeled after Wizzrobe and Volvagia enemies from previous games, so it wouldn't surprise if the designers borrowed from the GameBoy games as well.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well they've aid the game draws from different eras of the Zelda timeline, which is why it's not canon. So, we can get things like Majora's Moon, the Twilight Palace/Midna, etc all in one game. Pulling from the Oracles and other games would be implied as possible/likely. I'm actually very curious if any TWW content will be utilized, since they'd have to reinterpret it's visual designs to match the more realistic tone of the title.

EDIT- Co-op mode confirmed in this interview for Hyrule Warriors, using TV/GamePad as full player screens- no split screen like traditional DW games.