main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I didn't realize that Japan gets the game 8/14 while we have to wait until 9/26. Also, the website featured in the above videos advertises GameCity in Japan. I wonder if that's their version of GameStop. I wonder if GameStop and GameCity need to talk for us to get the cool stuff like the Triforce Clock or if Nintendo USA needs to communicate better with Nintendo Japan.

Thanks for posting those videos, The2ndQuest. I found these videos below on that channel, and to be quite honest, I will be playing through the game as Link first. Everything else is secondary. :)

Here's the playlist for all the Hyrule Warriors related videos posted by KOEITECMOofficial.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, that is a badass version of the fire rod.

3. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  4. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Lol I read through some of this thread and it was funny to see people's concerns about Twilight Princess. "What if the Wii remote is too tiring to use and will make me look silly?"

The next Zelda coming out for Wii U got me pumped, so I've been playing Twilight Princess on the Gamecube these last two weeks. I'm enjoying it a lot more this playthrough... just taking my time unlike the first time I played it. It still has some flaws, such as the bosses being easy, but overall it's an underrated game IMO.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    TP would be a lot higher rated if the first part of the game didn't feel like an overt OOT remake.

The game just takes too long to distinguish itself. The really cool unique elements like the spinner tracks, western shoot outs of the hidden village and hook shot-centric sky palace don't show up until really late into the game- and even the game's signature epic boss fights are absent from the first dungeon.

A lot of people gave up on it too soon because of those factors- or soured the experience too much. They kinda make the first leg of the game more of a drag than it needed to be.

6. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    True. While I liked Mt. Doom and certain elements of the beginning, it doesn't become really epic until later.

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    What I liked about OOT is that you heard the story a couple times to remind you what was going on. With TP, I wouldn't have minded hearing the story more to keep me vested. With that said, I really enjoyed it and I've played through it twice total, but I definitely agree that it's a slow burn.

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Really? I've always thought TP was considered lukewarm for a weak second half, given the tedious mission to hunt down all the owl statues. Or am I mixing up that criticism with the Triforce hunt from WW? Still, I didn't even notice the similarities to OOT's structure at first, because the story is completely ****ing different. The set dressing may be similar, but The Hero of Twilight's story is way different from the Hero of Time's. Either way, one of my favorite aspects of TP is the fact that it is more or less an update of OOT. It's most of the same classic locations, but 10000x more detailed and realistic. I mean, OOT's Zora River is a tiny stream. TP's equivalent river is an actual ****ing river.
    Those are cool screenshots. I love Midna- "Oh, you have power over bugs? That's cute, me too." And yay! Hidden Village!

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I notice all the heroes are girls except for Link, and all the enemies are males except "Cia", whoever that is.

Impa looks weird. Do not like her design, or these new characters. And Agitha?.. Really? They couldn't have Shiek, Skull Kid, Kafei..? But at least Zant is a cool choice.

Not that I'm that interested in playing this thing. You'd think there might actually be a little more talk about the new Wii U Zelda game..

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There's not much to discuss about the new Zelda game yet- but Hyrule Warriors is coming out in a couple months, so of course it's going to get more chatter right now.

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Lana video posted yesterday; I just noticed that she's left handed, so I went to check on the other videos and Link is left handed (Zelda and Impa are right). I wonder how that affects the controls. I was hoping I'd be waving my remote like SS...

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    II dig all those ricochet-off glass pillars attacks.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Y'know, I just realized how much Cia resembles Hatsune Miku, minus the eye color. [face_hypnotized]

15. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    HW will be played with the Gamepad only, I believe.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  17. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Today I finally made up for the mistake I made when buying my Wii U: getting the NSMBU bundle instead of the WWHD one. Love the game so far, absolutely gorgeous visuals, but with the Nintendo Gallery and all the side-quests and hidden treasures it looks like a completionist's nightmare.

Life likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003

Midna kicking butt and doing a little hookshot action! Her character looks like fun!

And the bug lady

The2ndQuest likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Giant bugs of doom FTW. :D

20. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting. So, really, the entire roster so far are SS & TP characters, or original characters done in a similar style. Makes sense, given that they're the most realistic and, thus, the most visually compatible to the DW series.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    As much as I love the game, I'd rather they not use anyone from WW or the handhelds. God forbid they somehow integrate Tingle into HW. [face_plain]

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Tingle is kinda omni-present, though, isn't he? He's not just TWW and handhelds. He's also in MM & FSA, and I believe the guy who runs the STAR Game in TP is generally considered to be a reinvented "realistic" version of Tingle.

24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Those are some of the more recent games, so I guess it makes sense (easier transition as well as more memorable), though wasn't really expecting Fi to be playable. As a cameo or support character or something, sure, but not sure how popular she was. I've heard people can't stand Navi and Fi seemed somewhat similar. Glad I finally got around to finishing Skyward Sword recently.

And I've seen other comments elsewhere, so I don't think its just me, but still kind of funny how Link is the only confirmed male playable character. Most of the rest of the cast I don't mind and are obvious, either as main characters or really popular (Zelda, Impa, Midna) and the bug girl is kind of a wild card/unexpected, but wonder how many more reveals there will be with just a month or two to go.

Link Between Worlds is probably still too new for them to have included characters from that, right? Ravio could make for an interesting merchant character battler (or even more). Although I guess there's always a Dark Link option too (depending on how much story each playable character gets). I like the art style so far, somewhat realistic, but wouldn't have minded a few Wind Waker characters too for variety (and so that that era is represented too), like Linebeck or even Tetra. But guess that's why Shiek isn't in here (she's not in here, right?) since Zelda is already there and Impa already fills the warrior women spot.

And I half expect Tingle will be in there somehow, playable or not, its hard to avoid him.

25. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Just beat WWHD earlier today.

It was okay for the most part, but overall I felt really unsatisfied. The dungeons in particular were quite disappointing. There were too few of them and the ones we did get were downright hideous. It's a shame so much of the game was cut, because a few extra dungeons could've helped make the padding less obvious.