main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Good question, Ezio. Who knows? Maybe they liked the way Saria's Song sounded better.

The game comes out in Japan on August 14th. It's after 9 PM there as I type this. I wonder if there are people standing in line waiting for a midnight release of this game?! Lucky ducks!

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    yeah they really played that up back when OOT3D came out with the various TV spots made for the game that featured them.

It's also why she was in the celebrity match-up during the Smash tournament at E3 (and why she was carrying the Majora's Mask replica with her).

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Kind of in that same vein - here's an ad featuring the two. Really sweet.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    So sad to lose Robin, he was a genius and no one quite like him.

There is a petition going about to ask Nintendo to feature an NPC named after Robin as a tribute. Nintendo has released an official response to that:

I think their response was nice and respectful. Time only knows what will happen.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Club Nintendo will help you outfit Ganondorf with free DLC

Here’s a nice offer involving a (usually) not-so-nice guy: if you buy Hyrule Warriors for Wii U and register the game with Club Nintendo between 9/26/14 and 10/23/14, you can receive a free download code for the Demon King Costume Set DLC: two costumes for Ganondorf that you can use in-game.

Ganondorf is one of the many playable characters in Hyrule Warriors that come from classic games in The Legend of Zelda™ series. The two downloadable costumes are inspired by his appearances in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Keep an eye on club.nintendo.com in the weeks ahead for more details about the offer.

You must be a Club Nintendo member to participate, and the offer is available only in the US and Canada.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    More updates being teased:

[​IMG]

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently that sword/shield combo will come as part of a Day One update, which will also include a new Challenge Mode (described as "the Adventure Mode on steroids") and the ability to choose your preferred background music during gameplay.

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That is amazing. Almost goes better with Ghirahim, though.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    More DLC Packs announced:

Five DLC packs are coming to Hyrule Warriors in the coming months, adding new characters, weapons, stages, and much more.

The first pack, which is free, comes to Japan on September 30 and North America and Europe on October 16. It includes the three Hyrule Warriors villains (Cia, Volga, and Wizzro) as playable characters. Also on October 16, a paid Master Quest DLC Pack will debut and add a new weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes.

Three other packs will come later, including a Twilight Princess pack in November, a Majora's Mask one in January, and a Boss one in February. If you pre-order all of the packs for $19.99/€14.99, you can unlock a Dark Link costume right now. There is no word on individual pack pricing in North America or Europe yet. See below for the full list of DLC:

-Hyrule Warriors Characters (Free, September 30) - Three new playable characters (Cia, Volga, Wizzro)
    -Master Quest Pack (October 16) - New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
    -Twilight Princess Pack (November) - New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
    -Majora's Mask Pack (January) - Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
    -Boss Pack (February) - Two new games modes

It's unknown just what exactly an adventure map is, but considering the Adventure Mode in Hyrule Warriors is based on a map of the original Legend of Zelda with a stage representing each square, it's possible that the new adventure maps could either be alternate versions of that map or maps from other Zelda games.

Nobody145 and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It is great to know they will still be supporting the game after release. Curious to see the new characters and maps.

Does make me wonder about Zelda U coming out next year… if we will get additional dungeons/content after release.

12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Seems a safe bet, if they're making this amount of extras for a spinoff..

13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nice to see Nintendo coming out with a bit more DLC... well, as long as they don't follow some of the worst DLC practices out there, but they still have a ways to go.

Are these the pre-order costumes from various retailers? I have a hard time keeping track of so many costumes.

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    From what I can tell, these are additional content. I remember reading that the pre-order costumes will be available separately but they have not appeared yet on the eShop.

Mind you, I am downloading mine from the eShop this very moment and looks like there is an update data to be downloaded after it. I wonder if that is the patch that Japan had (but wouldn't they just code it in on the Western release since a month later?) or it contains the different costumes too. I'll find out in an hour.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll be a few days behind as I'm waiting for my Amazon order to ship- and I wasn't paying extra for faster shipping, heh.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I was debating with myself about which version to get and I wasn't too keen on the scarf one (if only was what Japan had with the clock,art book, treasure chest, etc)… since I got that 10% off on the eShop from having a few Zelda games already from there, decided to get that one.

Playing DuckTales Remastered for a bit while it downloads :p half hour to go.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I need to give Duck Tales another play through- I want to unlock more of the artwork. Not to mention it was a joyously fun game that both improved upon the original NES game and became a perfect celebration of the TV series.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Agreed. I love the effort that went into it, even had the cast members return for the voices and layout artists that worked on the show. I know that on the highest difficulty you can find special hidden secondary treasures that adds more funds to your money bin. Just need to clear this last level which can be tricky on this difficulty.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ah, nice of Hyrule Warriors to show what is in the update.

Added Challenge Mode - Series of challenges that demand great speed
    Set BGM Feature - choose which music you want to hear in the background
    8-Bit Wooden Sword - self explanatory
    Improved game stability

Purchasing Hero of Hyrule Pack unlocks Dark Link costume.

Now off to play Legendary mode :D

EDIT: So far so good. It is fun and different from the typical Zelda. Once you completed the first part in Legendary mode, you unlock the other modes.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    After months and months of being at an impasse, I finally made progress in ALBW and beat the Swamp Palace.

Turns out there was a door submerged in the 2nd or 3rd chamber with a valve control that I didn't see (and since. Was so focused on raising the water level (or knocking over high treasure chests with some kind of item) that I never lowered it to see it.

Rest of it was pretty easy after that.

On the upside, I have all of the initial shop items at this point with only 2 Lorule dungeons completed.

21. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Picked up Hyrule Warriors yesterday. This is the first Dynasty Warriors game I've played, at least seriously. Though I fiddled with Gundam Dynasty Warriors a few years ago, but didn't care that much about that one.

Its mostly just the normal DW hack and slash, but while the story is minimal, from what I can tell they really are going for a Legend of Zelda feel, something greatly appreciated. The graphics are pretty good, at least in the cutscenes and the normal combat is ok, and I've liked most of the art design ever since they revealed the characters.

Just that grinding for some items and levels is going to take a while.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am enjoying the game a lot and my first DW style game too. While I've finished the main campaign, I'm going back through to unlock certain things. Co-op is fun and there is always Adventure Mode. I caved and got the DLC pack and looking forward to trying out Epona. I do love the art design, some of the music and the way familiar locations are recreated. Hard to pick a favourite character so far but been using Ruto and Zelda more often than the others.

Here is a short interview with two of the people behind Hyrule Warriors. They did mention that they would love to work with Mario in some for and that their dream would be to work on the Star Wars property… does make the mind wonder.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A DW-style Clone Wars game with Jedi vs waves of droids would make almost too much sense.

A Mario DW game though? That's hard to envision... waves of Goombas and Troopas?

With Mario powers that could be fun but there'd have to be some kind of platformer element involved for it to feel like Mario though...

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A DW-style Clone Wars game with Jedi vs waves of droids would make almost too much sense.

A Mario DW game though? That's hard to envision... waves of Goombas and Troopas?

With Mario powers that could be fun but there'd have to be some kind of platformer element involved for it to feel like Mario though...

25. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, well, Dynasty Warriors isn't likely to get a chance at a Star Wars game for a long time what with EA having the license now, though a Star Wars DW game could be pretty good. And don't think western developers would bother with that kind of play-style. This game does a pretty good job referencing the Zelda canon as is, and can't wait to see what Nintendo's own Zelda game eventually looks like after this one. The scarf sure looks nice too.

Mario-style DW sure would be interesting, although that would be harder to adapt. Zelda at least has always had combat (puzzle-based), Mario is a bit harder, but could still be possible. Mario fit into Smash and RPGs fine. Hm, maybe something hammer based, unless they turn it into a complete fantasy wizard story, though that wouldn't really be recognizable as Mario, but given how the Mario RPGs have turned out, you never know, it could work.