main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    That's part of why I love sailing the ship in Black Flag than riding the horse in other AC :p

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I really need to get back to AC4- I bought the game looking forward to the ship levels and so far I'm still stuck in the same port after that brief prologue tease.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahhh… once you get past that port then you'll be free to roam about on the seas. I loved and finished that game but played less of it than ACIII as there is so much more titles this time around to catch up on.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I like the story and love the pirate and exploration stuff. The actual assassins stuff is a lot less interesting though. Some of the stealth infiltration sequences are cool since they are very Zelda-esque, but the other stuff can get a little repetitive.

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Part of me feels that the game could have benefited more greatly if it was not tied to the conflict of Assassin's and Templars but as its own entity. It is the best pirate game made so far.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    When the game came out, Ubisoft ran a poll about interest in a pirate-only game. I'd love for that to pan out as an actual game, even if it probably won't hit Wii U (but by then I'll probably have a PS4 as a secondary system anyways).

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I don't know if there are any other Xenoblade fans in this thread, but was I the only one getting a major Bionis' Leg vibe from that Zelda U footage? Especially near the beginning when Link is high up overlooking the land? =P~

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not when I was viewing it, but now you mention it..... I loved what I saw in that vid. I don't yet have a Wii U, will be hopefully fixing that Dec 17....

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Preview looks cool. It seems like a mix between the giant worlds of TP and TWW and the filled-to-the-brim locales of SS.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Judging by the demo, the world map feels like… dare I say it… on Skyrim proportions. Epona is gonna be great, I wonder if the Loftwing will make a return too… probably not as the flight might make the world seem smaller unless done as like a 'quick sail' feature that TWW HD had...

Ahhh…. that is nice crossover. On a tangent, we really need a followup to Sunshine as that game was great. There are rumours of a 3D based Mario game in development and some suspect it to be Sunshine HD

Rew likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I really hope so. Maine might cry for Galaxy HD but Sunshine would be incredible to remake (and possibly expand?)

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Galaxy had 2 games though. We might find out more during E3 as it be the 30th Anniversary of Mario…

Just caught something which VOOKS64 had posted regarding the new Zelda which made me do a double take.

Rew likes this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, I was about to post a similar tweeted image. Crazy how even that rock outcropping jutting up from the trees is the same.

Rew likes this.
  15. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    This really isn't relevant to anything, but I thought I'd share it here. :p

[​IMG]

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Not sure if all regions has got it but the PAL regions has the OoT, TP and SS Skin packs available for Hyrule Warriors via the eShop.

They do look quite good.

18. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Does anyone have Hyrule Warriors? How is it? Reviews have been good from what I've seen.

As far as the OoT skins go, weren't they a Gamestop exclusive preorder bonus? Are they available for general download now?

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've only player it a bit so far (the Smash Bros games & MK8 DLC took what little free time I had this semester, and some HYWA levels take an hour plus to play) but it was pretty cool- especially as you start to expand your moves and combos, looking forward to getting back to it soon.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I keep returning to Hyrule Warriors and it does have a lot of content to offer and is a lot of fun. Each character plays differently and remains true to their character and some are very satisfying to play as.

With the exclusive skins, they were only for a limited time but now available (so far PAL regions confirmed, no idea if the US have it too) to get from the eShop.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I did play a bit of HYWA co- op yesterday which was pretty cool (one player uses TV, the other the GP screen) but was a bit dissapointed that you can only do co-op while replaying a stage you've already beaten in single player.

Combined with the rather annoying fact that you can't bring your save files with you to someone else's house, this limited the multiplayer fun from the game during holiday travels.

Oh, GCN memory card days, where are you...

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    You can do co-op in Adventure mode too and unlock more of the map together.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    WiiU doesn't support USB flash drives?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It does- but games with online data are system locked and won't work in another console. So, I over simplified in this case but given that I couldn't bring my Smash data with me I didn't think to bring my HYWA data either (especially not knowing I needed to unlock co-op levels) even though it should work.

We didn't try adventure mode in co-op, so I'll give that a go next time. Sounds like they did think of co-op after all.