main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That was only an early tease as they weren't really showing the game off yet- though some journalists got to give the test build a try. I'm sure the game will have a proper trailer this E3 when they have something to actually show. They have had some sweet trailers over the last year or two for other games though (Smash, XBCX, Zelda, Fire Emblem, etc).

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's great, ha!

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    That was nicely done. Kinda want more short films like that now. Misadventures with Cuccos or the fairies..

About to head to sleep but this popped up on my news feed. Wind Waker content?

EDIT: Video no longer works so here's the article

5. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002

New Zelda game for the 3ds announced. The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes. The first video is the trailer, the second one is the followup discussion from Nintendo's E3 presentation.

Abbiegalie and The2ndQuest like this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looking forward to this. I loved Four Swords Adventures, and merging that with ALBW gameplay should be quite fun. The Treehouse feed was fun to watch as well.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm glad there's a single player mode - while it's not going to be the ideal way to play, there's something of a dearth of fellow 3DS owners that I regularly interact with, and like Four Swords before it this is far too intriguing of a take on Zelda to pass up.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A pleasant surprise at the B est Buy Mario Maker demo event today- they had TFH 3DS demos! Played through part of a dungeon and a boss fight with two other people. It plays like a ALBW/FSA hybrid like you'd expect. Didn't really get a chance to see how effective the team commands were since i was playing with people I could speak to directly to coordinate, hwoever.

The dungeon room was rotating platforms where we had to hit three switches with our arrows at various heights while enemies of various heights would emerge from the ground. Took a few falls before coordinating ourselbes/throwing people over ledges by accident but we eventually got it down.

Against the boss (a melty Chuchu) you attact at ground level before his weak spot elevates slightly as he begins to pull himself together, forcing a 2 person totem to attack him, then eventually he goes full upright into Chuchu form and you need a triple totem to attack him- all the while he's unleashing four energy beams of death (even deadlier when you consider all three of you share the same health meter).

Once you get a rythym down with a player though, it can be pretty rewarding- moving the totem to avoid attacks while still trying to line up the top player for a arrow shot (who in turn must anticipate your motion patterns for a shot, etc). Only the middle player gets kinda screwed and has to wait around before doing something. I really hope they add something for them to do (some kind of defensive action, perhaps?) for the final version.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  10. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    If you look below, there's a link to an article about why Nintendo went to Platinum Games for Star Fox. It's because they wanted "exciting" visuals.

A shame that my "the visuals aren't bad" comment in the Wii U thread was mostly out of polite optimism. Many gamers think that the visuals looked kind of shoddy.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    To be honest, I'm kind of used to the Wii being weaker on the audio-visual front so the Wii U now being so is business as usual for me!

That and, unless it's really noticeable, I don't really see a lot of the stuff people talk about where game graphics are concerned.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They've actually put a lot of work into the audio for SFZ- they've no hashed he 3D audio design and how the cockpit chatter comes from the gamepad in a way that makes it sound like a headset in your ear- with friendly chatter in your left ear and enemies in the right (or was it vice versa?).

Anyways back to Zelda- the Treehouse Feed today mentioned that TFH will have full download play of all the courses from one cart, so that's pretty cool.

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    On July 25th, 2012, "The Mann" in Philadelphia showcased The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses.
    On July 25th, 2013, they returned to The Mann with The Second Quest.
    In 2014, no tour dates were announced...
    ....but thankfully, in 2015, the tour is back with The Master Quest. With no confirmed show at The Mann, I went to see it up in Boston earlier this year. It was pretty much the same format, but with some newer / altered arrangements, and different videos that accompanied the music. It was a lot of fun, especially for my girlfriend who really didn't know what to expect and who has had a very limited exposure to the series as a whole.

I'm happy to report that The Mann will be having The Master Quest on 9/18. For a show near you, check http://zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule It looks like they will be taking a break for the summer and shows return at the end of August and run the rest of the year.

In the past years at The Mann, there was lawn seating available, but that appears NOT to be option this year. I don't know why, maybe because of the September date and not the July date. I'm going to play it by ear on deciding to go since I've already seen it this year, but now that I live in Philly, it's going to be hard to stay away. :)

The2ndQuest likes this.
  14. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Just beware the parking there- when I saw SOTG there a few years ago, I couldn't even get out of my space for an hour because they block the two way road you enter through afterwards. Ugh.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Without having read the interview I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Nintendo secretly really doesn't care about the Zelda timeline and that there's no voice chat because it's Nintendo multiplayer.

17. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    You may be right about the timeline but they actually go really in-depth for the voice chat part.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Their explanation for why they dropped the voice chat is actually a rather interesting design concept in terms of multiplayer dynamics.

Also, neat history of Zelda display at Nintendo World:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Oooohh….. I want those statues…. especially Princess Zelda.

Glad to hear the Symphony of the Goddesses is returning, I just hope they'll swing by Sydney again as we missed out on the Second Quest. Kinda curious to see the updated video for Majora's Mask.

20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Amazing to see so much Zelda history in one place. Not just the old games and memorabilia but also all the old Nintendo Power issues and guides (I remember when those were still a thing, still miss that magazine).

I had forgotten just how many Zelda systems (GBA, DS, 3DS, etc.) there had been over the years.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Wow, I forgot they made physical copies of Ocarina of Time 3D and A Link Between Worlds. I assumed price-gougers owned literally all of the copies.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I bought a physical copy of ALBW despite the 3DS coming with a download code fir the digital version.

They gave another display case with various hardware histories (including the Desert Storm surviving GameBoy).

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, despite my aversion to the Mann's parking, it looks like I'll be heading back there in September for the Master Quest symphony performance. I ironically missed out on the Second Quest but looking forward to seeing/hearing some of the newer pieces performed.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    There was a Groupon the other day that I almost jumped on for the September performance, but since I already saw the Master Quest in Boston in February, I think it's going to be a game day decision for the Mann show. It's a shame there aren't any lawn seats for sale.

If anyone still plans on going (to any show), the Nintendo discount code is "heylisten" which will get you 15% off tickets. It's also good on purchases at http://zelda-symphony.com/collections/all