main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    She's not Link, she's a separate character.

The original concepts for the Wii U version had her as a little sister figure to Link, we'll have to wait and see what the current story is.

And it's not Zelda confusion, like I just said two posts ago, it was a joke.

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The Twilight Princess footage looked pretty underwhelming. I don't get the point of an HD remake if it's going to look THAT similar. Maybe it's just being done to fill the gap until Zelda Wii U.

And Linkle... can't say I like the name. It's just a Hyrule Warriors character though, so meh.

3. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    DAMN YOU JJ

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It could be worse. Her name could be WaLinkigi.
    I wonder if we'll ever see a game in the future where Hero Linkle has to save Prince Zeldo from evil Ganona.

5. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    I'm glad that I will get to play Twilight Princess in not blurry widescreen and with a pro controller instead of wiimote. Trimming down some of the intro would be a good bonus, though I feel like this will be mostly just the gamecube version upscaled. I also hope they don't make spider boss Armogohma into an extra terrifying boss. She was creepy enough.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey IDK about you, but Intro to Fishing was one of the BEST ways to start a Zelda game, fo sho. [face_cowboy]

Also I like to think that Armogohma is just that little eyeball spider, and the big thing you fight is a giant mecha suit. :cool:

7. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I dunno if this video has been posted already, but I think it makes some good points. I should mention that it craps over one of my favourite and most formative games of my childhood and that I think he exaggerates in some of his criticisms. But even so, I find all of his points well argued, and consider them valid criticisms, even if I don't agree with all of them.

Also, a big language warning for this one. Definitely NSFW.

8. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Is anyone playing Tri-force Heroes? I'm really enjoyed it.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I've played the demo and I liked it but aren't in a rush to buy it, especially with me still having a bit left to get on ALBW.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I've got TriForce Heroes and been having fun playing co-op with a friend.

The new update has just been released too.

11. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    It's so fun. :D I've been playing it with two other friends locally, and I'm afraid of what it will be like without them in the same room. :p It works so flawlessly when we're together and we can strategize as we go.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So I finished a project I made as a gift for two kids I see at Xmas (who both loved ALBW) that you guys might find interesting. Basically I was giving them the original LOZ on VC (via eShop card) and decided to make a manual to go with it since the VC version doesn't come with one (at least not the story, guidebook & illustrated reference type like you physically got with the cartridge). I also made a treasure chest to store it in.

So, about 50 illustrated or written pages later, the result is pretty neat, I think:

Here's my FB album with all the photos.

A few samples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rew, Jedi Ben and TiniTinyTony like this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    It's been a while since I've visited this forum / thread.

The2ndQuest - really great work! I hope they appreciated all the work you put into it.

So I got Tri Force Heroes for Christmas. I've been playing about an hour every night and it's a lot of fun except for the unknowns you get paired up with. Some quit right in the middle of a session and some have bad connections (unless it's me, but I have no idea how to tell.) I had one guy quit because he didn't get the item he wanted.

Anyone interested in playing as friends? Maybe log on from 9 PM to 10 PM EST. Let me know!
    (not really sure how the friend process works either)

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They seemed to like it- I think the older of the two boys will appreciate it more once he has a chance to dig into it as he seems to like the lore and world aspect more. The younger one is more of a Zelda fan but the game might be too hard for him right now (he's 5) but he'll get there. He apparently loved the treasure chest though and uses it to role play when he dresses up as Link.

It was fun making it regardless (though now I want one for myself, lol)- I enjoyed trying to merge the booklet illustrations with the sprite designs with my own flourishes. I'm oddly proud about how Moldorm came out since it's difficult to mix the simple NES sprite, cartoony later sprites and the more realistic general design aesthetic of the booklets.

I figure next year I'll get them AOL and give them the missing Triforce corner I tore off that page. Probably won't do another book though for that one since there's enough crossover. Maybe I'll do a small scroll with the backstory for that one.

On the subject of TFH, I don't have it yet so can't help ya there.

EDIT- NA non-bundle disc art for TP HD has a SS style to it:

[​IMG]

and the EUR style is closer to the original:
    [​IMG]

Another small detail is that it seems like they've reduced the number of Tears of Light you need to collect (a screenshot shows 11 in Lake Hylia instead of the original 15). Presumably this will help streamline the game by shortening the wolf sequences people complained about,

Rew likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Aw what, people complained about those parts? I thought those were pretty creative portions of the game.

Also cool that they've added Ilia to the cover art. She more important to the plot than Zelda, anyway. :p

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The wolf sections got mixed reaction for feeling unnecessary- thus the longer ones like Lake Hylia made it feel like the game was kept in low gear for too long. I don't think people actively. Disliked them, they just weren't enthusiastic about them.

They were sort of the equivalent of the Triforce shard hunt in TWW (though nowhere near as game-halting or derided). So, like the hunt in TWW, they're seemingly streamlining that a bit to enhance the game's pacing.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    See I always thought the owl stature section dragged the most and was most akin to the Triforce shard hunt. Though admittedly having to go all the way to Hyrule Castle Town for a lone bug was a bit much. Splitting them between the lake and the river was enough, IMO.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Mechanically, I can see how they would be similar (though I think they're even more similar to the three statues you use to make the Tower of the Gods appear in TWW). But the owl statues are basically a single puzzle and I think the criticisms over the wolf levels were more that you're doing the same thing in each section so it feels like (and, really, is) multiple sections/puzzles/objectives that just happen to be identical.

But I liked the wolf sequences, so, I can't go too far into the opposing viewpoint.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    That barely sounds like a legit criticism. I mean mechanically the bug sections are your way to get a sense of the terrain in each section. Let's you learn about where certain ledges and shortcuts are, so you can utilize them as a human. Hardly identical.

In contrast, by the time of the owl statues you're treading old ground, so other than allowing access to some treasure chests you probably don't even need at that point, they don't really expand anything or introduce new terrain. Plus, each one is find the statue, move it a bit, walk to where it was and gain a letter. Repeat about 7 or 8 times, whatever it was. Highly engaging gameplay, that. ;)

Not that I care much anyway, seeing I liked those parts myself. :p I'm guessing these people just didn't like the wolf form in general, which is alright, but then they shouldn't make it seem like those parts of the game are somehow inferior to others. [face_dunno]

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah I think it just boils down to: "Some people didn't like wolf levels, made wolf levels slightly shorter".

EDIT- Another tweak revealed: the max rupees level has been doubled to 2000. That's a great change- I had to leave too many chests behind in dungeons due to hitting the cap too easily.

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I pre-ordered the box set with the wolf amiibo yesterday since it was on sale for 20% off on Amazon for Prime Members #humblebrag

22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I love the expanded Rupee cap. That notwithstanding though, I still hope they add an option to keep the Rupees even if you open a chest with a full wallet.

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Nintendo Insider reports that Amazon France has leaked how Legend of Zelda amiibo will work when used in conjunction with the HD remaster of Twilight Princess.
    The site claims the Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik amiibo, when activated, replenish hearts or arrows, while the Wolf Link amiibo is set to unlock a new dungeon, which loosely translates as “The Cave of Twilight.”
    The listing also makes note of a Hero Mode – which sees enemies hitting Link twice as hard – and mentions that the Wii U GamePad will be used to manage the player’s inventory in real-time.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cool- so this will be more LA-DX than TWW-HD.

25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

I can't help but wonder the Ganondorf amiibo does. Take away hearts if you feel like things are getting to easy? :p