main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    That's true :p and the packaging looks amazing. It reminds me of the effort that was put in to the Lord of the Rings: The Complete Recordings packaging.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wow, I still can't believe they've come this far. I can't wait. :D

3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It has been an exciting few months for them with the recording sessions and such. I wonder what they will plan on doing after this....

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Go back to what they did before, I guess, reorchestrating the rest of the games.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Awesome news- can't wait.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The physical album of the Twilight Symphony became sold out within 14 hours. According to their Facebook page, ZREO has decided to do another batch limited to a further1500 copies but have stated they do not intend to produce any further physical copies beyond that to keep it as a collector's status.

Digital distribution will be handled by Joypad and iTunes.

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, I've put in for preorder. After listening to the latest preview, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  9. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    That was brilliant!

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That's so wizard!

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Rew and Todd the Jedi like this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice. I liked how they used music from the 25th anniversary concert. And that's a really cool visual representation of the timeline they have there.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Hard to not stare at that thing while hearing this music:

[​IMG]

14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Beautiful. What's it from, Quest? DeviantArt?

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Whoops, forgot the link. You can buy a copy of the print from there as well.

EDIT- corrected link.

EDIT 2- couldn't resist. Bought one.

16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah, Etsy, ThinkGeek's younger cousin.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I love the atmosphere of that print...

Looking back, it's amazing how far Wind Waker has come... from it's controversial beginnings to how there is a demand for an HD remake/upgrade.

Hmm... Hyrule Historia comes out next month, have you got a copy preordered?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Gonna preorder the collector's edition this week. Looking forward to it. I've been really dissapointed with the hardcover bound collector's player guides for all the post-TP games, especially Skyward Sword. They stripped out all the interesting lore and story content and just left the players guide content. Need HH to offset that.

I still love the ALTTP players guide from NP. That thing is like my Zelda bible. I wish they'd rerelease that in hardcover, so my current copy has had some wear over time...

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    There's a collector's edition?? It's not on bn.com, where did you find it?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Amazon has the preorder. It's $70 and comes out 2 weeks after the regular edition

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I couldn't find it to order it yet, link? (lol)

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's the pre-order page. Although apparently they're not taking pre-orders just yet- you can only sign up for availability alerts.

The limited edition of Hyrule Historia looks like it could have been pulled off the shelf of one of the sages in Hyrule. The faux-leather hardcover bears the symbol of the Gate of Time, debossed, on the cover, and gold gilded pages. The limited collector’s edition of The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is perfect for the hardcore The Legend of Zelda™ fan!

[​IMG]

There's also a trailer for the regular edition out:

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    (just making this a separate post to break things up)

Watching that Timeline video the other night, I was particularly struck by the use of iconography for each game- how each pillar had some kind of stone-carved-styled visual for each game. Now, it did eventually devolve into actual game art, but that got me thinking: If one were to create a series of such carvings with a uniform nature, what would be the defining graphic/image for each game? Or, at the very least, what image represents the game the best (and would do so even when lacking color)?

I'm going to start with just the first 9 games and come back around for the others- since many of the more receent ones are probably more straight-forward.

LOZ: I'm going to agree that the box art key/lion/heart/(vent?) shield here is the key graphic.
    [​IMG]

Likewise, the sword box art for AOL
    [​IMG]

Now, for ALTTP, there is the cover art/title logo sword/shield combo. It fits the pattern of the first two games, for certain (and neat that it represents a combination of the two, visually). You'd have to remove the Z, obviously.

[​IMG]

However, there's an equal argument that, just as iconic for the game, was the promo art (possibly also box art for the Super Famicom version?) featuring the Master Sword in the Lost Woods:

[​IMG]

Hard to choose between the two, though the former would probably translate better than the latter.

Then we come to Link's Awakening, which didn't have it's own unique cover art design (it recycled ALTTP's). There's a couple possobilities here. The most obvious would be the visual of the Wind Fish's egg atop the mountain of the island:

[​IMG]

The next posisbility that comes to mind is the cover to Nintendo Power's 50th issue, featuring the game on the cover:

[​IMG]

One might take the Owl by himself, though the sword in the sand on the beach goes with it pretty hand in hand. Downside is the sword looks like it's at least partially recycled from the AOL cover art, just with more bling.

Following that, we get to the fifth Zelda, OOT. It has both it's Hylian shield logo:

[​IMG]

...and the obvious ocarina itself to use as representation.

[​IMG]

Majora's Mask is the easiest:

[​IMG]

Then we hit the Oracle games... I like what Timeline did by combining the Rod of Seasons and the Harp of Ages into a single combo image... and would pair well with the (potential) trend starting with OOT of focusing less on box art/ title screens and more of the defining object/item of a game.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And for now we'll pause with The Wind Waker (Zelda 9, for those counting! ;) ), which has both it's cover/title image of the King of Red Lions

[​IMG]

or the Wind Waker itself:

[​IMG]

Some of those are tough to choose between- and others would simply fit the pattern better in some cases.

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    That timeline video just has an additional heart for LoZ's shield logo. I don't have my copy of the game on me, so I can't see what it has.

25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Oh, that's a nice old Nintendo Power cover. Which reminds me, I must try to pick up a copy of the last issue, I think it just ended (another print magazine ending, sadly).

The pre-order for the collector's edition was announced, or at least discovered, a little while ago, not sure anyone managed to get it off Amazon, or they're going to allow pre-orders later. Not sure anyone still has it available or if it was going to be available later, who knows. Still have a copy of the regular version reserved at least.