main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't follow?

EDIT- Nevermind, I finally understood the sentence.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Same thing would happen with the original. Any time I got through level 8 and saved the game it would wipe. Same thing if I used the blow on the cartridge trick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have never finished any LoZ partly because of save game whipping.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I did have a power issue wipe my ALTTP save files out about 7 years ago, but that was a a decade+ after I had already beaten it. Still, I was sad to lose my original save file. @};-

I still remember people I knew misinterpreting the save message warning for LOZ back in the day, thinking they had to hit the reset button while turning the power off- and then wondering why their files never saved.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Apparently I misread it too because I did that as well. But it would usually only wipe the game when I was really far into it (bigger save file I'd guess).

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It was a confusing message. I can see why people would make that mistake. I suspect a translation tick at fault.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Things always got translated poorly back then. Additionally, alot of games back then would be released in Japan with hybrid Japanese/English text and the translators would accept it as English.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In this case I think it probably had more to do with the software translator not being familiar with the hardware functionality and not catching the problematic instructions based on a direct (or inadequate) translation.

[​IMG]

Many people took that to mean "To avoid losing your saved game (progress), hold in the reset button as you turn power off."

Really what they wanted this to say was "To avoid replacing (overwriting) previously saved game, hold in reset button as you turn power off.", for people who would want to restore from their previously saved game state, as opposed to their current failed progress from that point.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Did anyone else notice how TWW created the whole timeline mess?

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, technically, with it's time travel and alternate timelines, it's OOT fault ;).

TWW was the first to confirm multiple Links and Zeldas and only one Ganondorf, however.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Except that TWW totally retconned OOT's time travel. Before TWW came out, Link didn't have to fail.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not really- OOT is the game that created two timelines.

Unless you mean TWW eliminated the possibility of one of OOT's timelines being erased by Link's actions instead of just creating a new one?

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The issue isn't that OOT created two timelines. The issue is that TWW prevented OOT's "Adult" ending from leading to ALTTP. The2ndQuest, Does it make sense now?

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Beyond the 100 year timeframe, I would still propose that TWW could be wedged in after ALTTP before LOZ if one wanted it to.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That would work, honestly. On another note, do you miss the medieval fantasy feeling of ALTTP, LOZ, and AOL? The2ndQuest

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It was my preferred theory until recently- the flood greatly explains the state of Hyrule in the original game and links several geographical shifts between games rather nicely.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You are a genius!

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If you dig back a few years in this thread you'll find a couple in-depth map discussions in relation to timeline theory that you may enjoy.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012

:)

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    (edit time ran out)
    Here's hoping that ALBW will elaborate on the causes and effects of Link failing.

21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Is there a release date for ALBW? I first saw this when there was a video on the 3DS saying 'Zelda 3D' or something but it didn't say what it was beyond that. I'm certain it's ALBW and it looked great. A fantastic mix of old and new schools. It's definitely going on my preorder list.

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I have purposefully NOT clicked on your link as I want to be surprised next Thursday!

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    From page 89: November is the release month for it, the 30th sounds like a placeholder date for Amazon until it is narrowed down.. though there was a chart which suggest the 11th November for the US release. European/Australian release date is not confirmed yet but hopefully not too far off.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The charts I had mentioned earlier with the schedule for first party published titles thus far.
    3DS
    [​IMG]

Wii U
    [​IMG]

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If@The2ndQuest's theory about Dethl being Ganon's spirit is true, I hope ALBW will confirm it. Either way, I hope ALBW will explain how Ganon is alive and has a body in LOZ.