main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Corellian_Outrider, that was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That was unbelievable! So many references it was hard for even me to grab them all the first time through.

The fact that they included Pharaoh Man seals the deal, LOL.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Everyone see the new trailer for ALBW? It's on IGN (which is blocked at work so I can't link to it, sorry). They have a "re-wind" video concerning the new trailer as well where they talk about their experiences playing it. It looks/sounds tough!

Also, they don't mention it, but the guage looks to be purple and green. I have to re-watch, but I think the purple is for the item's power and the green is for the drawing/portrait power...

4. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Very cool- there are some awesome twists on familiar concepts there (the reverse-candlelight effect in particular struck me) as well as showing off the 3D depth designs better than we've seen before (the falling to platforms over lava).

Gotta get my preorder in for the system… just holding out hope that they'll announce that treasure chest version also.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    On the upside, if they don't announce the chest version, I just discovered you can buy little wooden chests at Michaels. So, failing an acquisition of an original product, it'd just take some sandpaper and paint with some cut foam slots added inside to make my own... (the sound effect would be a little trickier, but not impossible- if a greeting card can pull it off, I'm sure I can master the technology ;)).

Speaking of technology, technology from the 1980's can now help you beat TWW HD:

Meanwhile Aounuma is being pursued by PR people across NYC...

And they've pulled the same trick they did with Zelda's Lullaby in SS with the Hyrule Castle Theme for ALBW's theme! :cool:

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Unboxing of the gold 3DS XL video on IGN.com. I'll post the link later if I remember. At certain angles the gold triforce on the top cover isn't visible. Do I care? Only slightly, but I'm not cancelling my pre-order.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't think it matters. We have just about 2 weeks to go before we can get our hands on it... so can't wait!

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Newest trailer for ALBW from today's Nintendo Direct

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The street pass Shadow Link stuff revealed today sounds downright awesome- semi-random Shadow Link boss battles of varying difficulty, with a "pet" of your own to train for said usage? Sweet.

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Pretty big, but a little obvious, reveal at the 2:10 mark of that video.

Looks like Ganon

Also, it looks like there are 8 portraits spinning around, which again, one can probably guess that it's the 7 "descendants" and Zelda or whatever the Lorule versions of them.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    They released the artwork relating to that spoiler... part of me wonders if there might have been too much info released just before release but either way I'm still excited.

This ad has a very Indiana Jones vibe to it.

Side note regarding the digital copy of the game that comes with the Zelda XL, I don't think there be a download code for it. If it is similar to what they had done with the Fire Emblem XL (my friend has one and looks gorgeous) then to get the game you need to enter the eShop and it would be considered a previous purchase and you download the title.

13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    In the unboxing video you told me not to bother to post, there appeared to be a code.

I have the gold Zelda 3DS XL, the physical copy of ALBW, and Super Mario 3D World all pre-ordered for in store pickup from Best Buy next Friday. I even took the day off. :)

The2ndQuest likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Sadly not getting the Zelda 3DS, too many other games to pick up (though still seriously tempted), but still getting Link Between Worlds of course. Not sure its been mentioned but apparently Nintendo is holding a Zelda Virtual Console sale this week? Up until Thursday, I think (then its on to Megaman, then Mario and Donkey Kong, not entirely sure about the order though, and oddly enough Megaman is the one non-Nintendo property going on sale too). Not quite every Zelda game is on sale (not the Oracle games I think), but gotta remember to stock up on credit for the Virtual Console.

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    This video made me appreciate Majora's Mask even more. It's a very compelling interpretation of the narrative and the themes within it.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've picked up my Zelda 3DS XL and physical copy of the game and it is gorgeous. Finally got the content transferred from my original 3DS to the new one, all saved content as far as I can tell made the move safely. The treasure chest is larger than I had anticipated. There is a switch on the inside to turn that sound off if you don't want it to make a noise and holds 5 games but I'll see if it is possible in holding more.

There is a code, thankfully. Not to bother? Oh, I think there was a misinterpretation there, I meant that "I don't think it matters" in relation to

Could also to do with their lighting and such but overall I think it is gorgeous!

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Good to go.

[​IMG]

Xbox what?

Now I just need some free time to actually play the thing! ;)

Nobody145 and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I hate you a little right now. I can't afford any of it but I want all of it!!

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Loving ALBW so far and my gold 3DS XL. There weren't any screen protectors at Walmart when I went at midnight so I just charged it while I played Super Mario 3D World (which is pretty difficult surprisingly). Got some screen protectors at BestBuy and played for about an hour or so at two separate occasions today. I'm sucked in and loving it so far. It's very challenging and I find myself really thinking outside the box to solve the puzzles. I've died twice but thankfully it was before renting any items.

ALTTP vs ALBW world
    1) Bottle under the bridge after getting the flippers - same, just different weirdo
    2) Like that the flippers only cost $200 "indirectly" vs $300 in ALTTP

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Between this, AC4 Black Flag and The Wind Waker HD…. I've a lot to get through as much as possible before Super Mario 3D World comes out. Or I could just rotate through everything :p

I think I already said that I love the style and feel of ALBW. Still haven't progressed that far but looking forward to seeing more. Already noticed some nods to MM.

I've been finding myself testing out all my previous games on the 3DS to see how they look on the XL. There is a huge difference and I don't think I can go back to the standard system.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll finally get a chance to play it tomorrow night but I managed to find time to at least charge the system :).

I also sold off my download codes for the games to a friend of a friend for $30 (below retail is always an incentive ;) ), so I've basically got the guide costs covered.

Which leaves me the question if whether or not to reinvest that into Mario- but with this, AC4, Deus Ex and, most relevantly, SMG2, I think I can hold off til Xmas and grab that and TWW HD.

Did they come out with a hardcover guide for TWW HD? Need to keep my collection of those up to date (minus the TP & OOT3D gaps).

24. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Pretty sure they did. Although the upcoming box set is supposed to have an Ocarina of Time 3D hardcover too, exclusive to that set I think. I picked up the Link Between Worlds hardcover, but the box set will probably cover everything in the last... eight years?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The boxset had everything up to the OOT3D/SS guide. I'm forgoing that unless I'm lucky to stumble upon OOT's loose. I'm not rebuying the guides I already have- especially not for reissues lacking the extra goodies like the cloth maps.

I do need to track down a PH HC eventually but I don't have the cash to drop on it right now (last time I checked it was going for around $80).

On the upside, I was pleased to see that the ALBW guide is noticeably thicker than the SS guide- though I haven't opened it yet so I'm not sure how much if that is lore/non-game content.